Take A Chance, Make A Change

Don't Fall For Kris Wu
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 45: Take a chance, Make a change

I took the risk again.

I gave in again.

Now I know the reason why they say that people get stupid when it comes to love. I know that I would get hurt again but still I gave in. I took him back again.

Realistically, it is the most stupid decision in life. But for love, everyone risks everything.

I did. And if I get hurt this time around, it’ll be my entire fault for gambling my heart again.

Kris and I are sitting by the pool. We’re seated with some distance in between as we looked at our feet dipped in the water.

He’s smiling from ear to ear – a happy smile, unlike the one he showed the audience as he received his award.

I feel relieved that he is happier now. I felt really guilty seeing him unhappy these past few days.

“Thank you,” he spoke.

I stopped playing with the water and looked at him. He’s eyes are sparkling as he looked at me. And he’s expression is so good. “I didn’t do anything.” I replied.

He chuckled and pulled me closer to him, securing me with his hand on my waist. “You just gave me my world back.” He whispered and I can’t help but feel the blood rushing to my face.

He leaned in and kissed my temple. “This feels surreal.” He told me as he pulled me closer. “This just feels unreal.”

I looked at him and he’s still smiling down at me.

His smile that would melt a thousand hearts.

“I thought this day wouldn’t come.” He spoke. “I’m really happy that you gave me another chance,” he told me.

I just smiled at him. Honestly, I don’t know what to tell him. He already explained himself to me before and he begged me to stay but I did otherwise. I was just scared to get my heart broken again. I was scared of risking again.

But after hearing his speech, I felt all my defenses falling apart. I felt as if I was fighting for nothing, as if I was scared for nothing.

Honestly speaking, what woman wouldn’t be touched with a speech like that? Even though I’m not like any other girls, I am not exempted to feeling weak with that gesture. Even though I’m a strong woman try hard, I am not excluded in the list of girls who would fall for a man like that.

He got me in my weak point. I had no choice but to just give in and let destiny decide to where it would take us.

And besides, I won’t even deny to myself that I am feeling broken seeing him so broken. I am hurt whenever I see him hurting.

I smiled and took his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. “I’m risking again, Kris.” I told him. “This is going to be the last risk I would take for us.”

He smiled back at me and sighed hard. “This time, I promise, I won’t screw over again.” He looked into my eyes. “I won’t hurt you again.” He held my cheek.

“I’ll hold on to that.” I replied.

He smiled and planted a soft kiss on my lips. “God! I missed you so much.” He told me. “You don’t know how I have been longing to hold you like this without forcing you to. I missed you even though I see you every day.”

I smiled and rested my head on his chest.

If taking a risk would bring me this kind of happiness, I would risk my heart over and over again.

--

I woke up the next day with a big smile on my face. It was the brightest day of my month so far and I can see all the people in the house are looking at me like I am a freak or whatnot.

I felt like a big thorn has been pulled out from my throat and I can speak freely

Please log in to read the full chapter