Injured

Don't Fall For Kris Wu
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 16: Injured

“Are you going to watch the game?” Minhyuk asked me.

Perhaps he is slouching at our house again because he is irritated with his sister.

I shook my head. “Why would I watch?” I asked him back. “It’s not even my school.” I added.

He is asking me to watch their game against Vermont Academy. Again. The last time he asked me, I went home tipsy because I got too much to drink in their celebratory party.

“Because I am family and Kris is there.” He replied.

I narrowed my eyes on him. “So? What so if Kris is there?” I asked.

He smirked. “Well, don’t deny it, cousin. I know he is into you.” He told me.

I gave him a boring look. “Then how does that relate to me? If he’s into me, what so?” I asked again.

I hated these scenes. These scenes when someone asks you to come because there is this person who have a big crush on you and he would be happy to see you.

Just no.

I didn’t ask someone to like me in the first place.

It’s not my fault he fell for me.

“Why you gotta be rude?” He sang to me.

I glared at him. “Because you are getting on my nerves.” I told him.

Minhyuk laughed at me. “Why am I getting on your nerves? Maybe because Kris affects you somehow?” He grinned at me.

I know he is teasing me. Trust me, when Minhyuk grins like this, he is mocking the hell out of me.

“I am not.” I retorted.

He scoffed. “Yes. And Mars is the farthest planet from the Sun.” He beamed and I automatically glared at him.

He shrugged and gave me a ticket. “You will watch. Okay? So Kris would have his inspiration and do his best.” Then he winked and left.

I gasped then shut my eyes. I really don’t have a say when it comes to Lee Minhyuk. He will always find the best and right retort that would corner me and make me lose.

Ugh! I hate boys. Really.

--

“Go, Minhyuk!!!!”

Gina was screaming her lungs out.

Yes. We are here, watching the game between Kingstown and Vermont Academy. The way I see it, there are more people now than before. I mean, their first game with Xavier Academy.

I think Vermont has more supporters than those of Kingstown.

And maybe that’s the reason why Minhyuk wanted me to come.

“NO!!!!”

People were shouting at a foul called by the referee. A Kingstown player was called for a charging foul when it was clear to everyone that the Vermont player elbowed him.

The Kingstown people are protesting to the call. Even the players and the people at the bench.

I looked at Kris and he was calm. He was actually mediating on the heating situation between the fouled Kingstown player and Vermont player.

“That is so unfair!” Gina whined as we looked at the score board. It’s a close fight. 42-45, in favor of the Kingstown Academy. And it’s just 2nd quarter. Last minute of the first half. And this game is heated to the utmost level. I never imagined high school basketball could be this intense.

I mean, yeah. I don’t really watch basketball because I am more of a band-practice type of a person.

“That referee should wear eye glasses! He doesn’t even notice the fouls of the other team!” Gina was still protesting. And so are some of the people. The game, however, continued and it’s the last 30 seconds.

Kris is holding the ball and a Vermont player is guarding him. He is blocking so well and I think Kris doesn’t see anything in front of him other than this player.

“The Vermont player is elbowing Kris Wu’s chest!!!!” A Kingstown student wailed. Frustration was evident in his voice because the referee is not calling any foul.

“Geez! Referee, off! You don’t even see it and you’re so near!” Another man screamed.

I just shook my head and watched closely. Yes. It was evident and obvious. The Vermont player is elbowing Kris and the referee is just watching.

What the hell is happening? 

Did Vermont pay the referees for this game?

Why do they seem to be blind when Vermont players are fouling but seem like police when Kingstown players foul back?

“It’s official. These Vermont guys paid the referees.” Gina told me. “I mean, look at that! They turn their blind eyes on Vermont’s fouls.” She was expressing her frustration.

I just sighed then looked at Kris. He was struggling to pass the ball and it’s going to be a 24-second shot clock violation if he doesn’t shoot it.

But how? The Vermont player looks like a leech. He just wouldn’t stay away from him.

People were cheering for him but I don’t think Kris would make it.

I, somehow, have a bad feeling for thi

Please log in to read the full chapter