The Ball

Don't Fall For Kris Wu
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 29: The Ball

Still I didn’t watch his game last Sunday.

I just feel like I shouldn’t be all that close to him even if I am his girlfriend now. I am still Ashin and I will still do things my way and he wouldn’t be able to change it. Well, maybe he is a part of my decisions now, but at the end of the day, it is still my choice. And I know that he knows that very well.

At times, I don’t really think why whenever girls got someone, they tend to forget about their friends. They tend to always be beside their boyfriends. Then when their boyfriends leave them, they run back to their friends. Heh.

“Ashin, you have a visitor.” Mom told me as I was busy lurking at the backyard, talking to the plants. Yes, I have this tree-hugger side and I think I am a dork for greens. I mean, greens like leaves.

I looked at her and wondered who the visitor she was talking about. I walked back in the house after washing my hands and went to the living room.

Only to see Kris grinning widely at me.

Oh right, who else would it be, right?

“Hey,” He greeted me then he walked to me and gave me a hug. “I missed you.” He whispered as he kissed the top of my head.

I smiled through the hug. Every time that he wraps his arms around me, I feel so secured and contented. Like I don’t need anyone else. Like I only need him.

“Have you eaten?” I asked him. I know Mom is already preparing for dinner, and he’s just in time. So maybe he could come eat with us.

He looked at me and smiled. “Sure, why not? And besides, I would take every minute to be with you.” He beamed at me and I narrowed my eyes on him.

Every time he utters cheesy words, I feel touched and I blush but the thing is, I also have this cringe-inducing feeling. I am uncomfortable. Maybe because it’s not my style. I mean, this. This is not my style. Having someone to cuddle with, to talk to almost all of the time, to check out every minute, to kiss, to hug and do all these affectionate things. I’m so close to being an Ice Queen, so.

We decided to walk to the garden while waiting for the dinner to be ready. His fingers were laced into mine as we walk.

“How was your day?” I asked him.

He narrowed his eyes on me. “Terrible.” He replied. I know what he meant. Last night, he insisted on dropping me to school and picking me up after but I declined. Why the hell would I wait for him to finish basketball practice before picking me up? No. I won’t.

We almost fought over it but he gave in. That was good though, because I won’t.

I chuckled and held his hand tighter. Then I looked at him.

He shut his eyes, preventing a smile to escape from his lips. I know. I continued to stare at him. Then there it was. He is smiling widely already.

“Ugh!” He breathed in frustration. “I can’t really get mad at you!” He beamed at me and I laughed at him. He looked like a kid crying over a puzzle he couldn’t solve.

“I know that.” I beamed at him and he narrowed his eyes on me.

“You don’t know what happens if I get mad at you, Ashin.” He told me with a smirk.

I raised my brow at him. “Enlighten me, Kris Wu.” I challenged him.

He then wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. “Well, let me think.” He spoke. “Maybe I could lock us up in a room and I will kiss you, all day and night long.” He said huskily.

I cocked my head to the side as I lo

Please log in to read the full chapter