Beach Party

Don't Fall For Kris Wu
Please log in to read the full chapter

I’m more than a bird,

I’m more than a plane,

I’m more than some pretty face beside the train.

I rolled my eyes as I heard the boys singing. It was supposed to be me, though. But they took the stage and started their own noraebang thing.

I stood near the door and watched them do what they want to do. It’s fun watching them though because they all look like their throat veins would pop out anytime and they would be lying on the floor dead.

Hah!

Kidding.

“Ashin, what are you doing here?” My cousin, Lee Minhyuk, asked me.

This is his beach party though. Because it’s his 19th birthday. Yes. He is a year older than me.

I shrugged at the boys at the stage. “They took my place.” I told him.

He just chuckled and handed me a drink. “Slight punch?” He offered.

I smiled and gladly accepted the drink. “What’s with them anyway? Why do they seem like it’s their first time seeing a videoke machine?” I asked.

Minhyuk shrugged. “I don’t know. Sometimes, they really are just childish. No one could even say that they are basketball players.” He replied.

I laughed and nodded in agreement. Well, Minhyuk is in their school’s basketball team, with these crazy childish bastards who took my place.

Well, all of you might be wondering why I always say they took my place, huh? I’m actually a part-time singer. And I have my band play for Minhyuk’s birthday party. But seeing these boys, I guess, we’ll have a free night then.

Money without sweat. Hah!

“Why don’t you sing?” Minhyuk asked me. “Hey! I paid you, you should sing!” He demanded.

I chuckled. “Well, I wanted to. But your teammates are there and I have no place to stand.” I reasoned out. “Plus, if I sing, there would be a total noise since they are singing too.” Or maybe just shouting. But heck, there’s music, so maybe they are singing.

Minhyuk took my hand and we walked to the center stage. The boys who were singing stopped and looked at us.

“Boys, rest first.” He told the guys. “Let my singer cousin do the singing.” He beamed.

The boys immediately nodded and went down and Minhyuk gave me the microphone. “Sing.” He told me and I nodded.

Of course I will.

I motioned my band to set up on stage and we did. After a few minutes, Jin, the lead guitarist, started strumming.

Hey dad, look at me.

Think back and talk to me,

Did I grow up according to the plan?

People were watching us now. Some of them had their head banging even in this first verse. Well, we always get that treatment and reaction.

Some people say my band is more than an indie or an amateur band and we can compete in battle of the bands nationwide.

'Cause we lost it all.

Nothing lasts forever.

I'm sorry.

I can't be perfect.

Now it's just too late,

And we can't go back.

I'm sorry.

I can't be perfect.

People were singing with us. Even the boys who just left the stage a minute ago. They look like they are all having fun.

I glanced at Minhyuk and he gave

Please log in to read the full chapter