Chapter Seven

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sera]

 

“Sera, it’s our turn.”

 

A hand on my own snapped me out of my daydream as I tore my eyes away from the group of boys. That particular boy no longer looked at me, while I, too, resisted the strong pull towards him.

 

His eyes, especially.

 

“Okay.”

 

After hours of being a spectator, it was finally our class' turn. We stood in our agreed positions on the court, awaiting the junior class that we would be playing against.

 

"Oho, it's you again. Can you try to not to be clumsy this time?"

 

Can my first P.E lesson get any worse…

 

Ignoring the Kang Heesun girl who was shooting glares at me, I tightened my shoelaces and stood beside Jieun who gave me a thumbs-up. “Fighting!”

 

With a blow of the referee’s whistle, the game of dodgeball started.

 

My class quickly gained a huge lead on the opposing class as we struck them hard and fast with strategically well-thought throws that sent student after student out of the game. Our fast-paced match earned the attention of the students in the hall, and most of them cheered for our victory.

 

I could feel extreme rage from the other side of the court and I didn’t need to see the person to know from whom the anger emanated.

 

Hell yeah, I want to send her a smirk that would shut her up forever.

 

I stood at the back, slightly bent forward and legs slightly open. My eyes followed the ball intensely, afraid of it coming towards me and sending me out of the game. No way, Do Sera does not go out without a fight.

 

From the corners of my eyes I spied several of the girls that were covering me get hit consecutively and all of a sudden, I was alone at the back. Jieun stomped out of the court, rubbing her reddening arm and I gritted my teeth. The boys, the athletic ones, remained in front and continued their offense.

 

A ball whizzed past my ear and my eyes widened at the close shave.

 

What the …?

 

I turned to her, knowing without a doubt that it was her.

 

She stuck out her tongue and smirked.

 

This is war.


 

[Chanyeol]

 

"Who are these humans cheering for? None of us are currently playing."

 

Kyungsoo shot Kai a are-you-serious look and rolled his eyes. The younger pouted and the older pointedly shifted away, putting himself closer to Kris-hyung instead.

 

I glanced at the court where the students’ had their attention fixated on and within the few players that still remained in the game, I recognised one of them.

 

Her long hazelnut-brown hair followed her movements as she flexibly avoided the balls that a girl on the opposing end kept flinging at her. Those two definitely have grudges against each other. For a brief moment, as the ball missed her, it flew towards our end and she turned towards us.

 

Her nut-brown orbs captivated me, and a sense of familiarity struck me. Where have I seen those eyes…

 

“Tch,” Kai grumbled, propping his chin on his palms as he watched the girl return her attention to the game. “It’s her. The one that rejected me. That Do Sera.”

 

Mischievousness surfaced from within and after sneaking a glance at Kai, I turned to the court and stood up.

 

“DO SERA!”

 

I hollered, and instantly everyone's attention snapped to me.

 

The boys, too, turned to me. Kai gaped at me, and I gave him a slow nod and a knowing smirk.

 

"N-No! Hyung!"

 

"I LIKE HOW YOU REJECTED KAI KIM JONGIN!"

 

There was an instant uproar in the hall.

 

"PARK CHANYEOL!"

 

Kai had turned bright red and he swore under his breath, accompanied with finger gestures that would put Kris-hyung's usual curses to shame.

 

My dear boy, can't you remember that we are abnormal and I totally caught what you say? Hah.

 

I guffawed as the rest of the boys, Sehun in particular, piled themselves on top of the second youngest, trapping him under their immense weight.

 

If only we weren't at school, that boy would fly into a rage by now.

 

My happiness was cut short when a sharp and brief noise sent the chatter in the hall into silence.

 

"Sera!"

 

I returned my attention to the court, where a girl had thrown herself onto the floor. Tears welled in her eyes and all colour was drained from her face.

 

I would have ignored the scene like I always would if only my eyes didn't catch the colour of the person's hair.

 

It's her.

 

What happened to her!?

 

She laid on the court, apparently unconscious since she didn't reply her sobbing friend.

 

", looks like someone fainted on the court." Baekhyun stood by me, his hand on my shoulder. "That girl who's sobbing seems very familiar. And who's the girl who fainted?"

 

I squirmed under his grip, and my friend understood my uncomfortable fidgeting.

 

"It's her, isn't it? Sera's the one that's in the floor." He shot me an annoyed look, his lips pursed. "And why are you still standing here?! Go and help!"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter