Chapter Ten

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sera]

 

"Sera, what would you like?" The boy that sat next to me gently asked, as the waiters handed me a menu.

 

I scanned the numerous names and the words, some so foreign, befuddled me. I'm getting a headache, ugh.

 

"Anything is fine." I slurred, my fingers reaching up to my temple. "But it better be something normal."

 

"Certainly, milady." The boy grinned, as he took the menu from my hands. Our skin made brief contact and I shivered. Cold.

 

He's cold.

 

I glanced around the room. I couldn't spot the air conditioning vents. I glanced at Jieun; her dress was sleeveless, like mine, but she didn't show any sign of being cold. She was laughing at something the boy that sat next to her was saying.

 

If no one is cold, then why were his hands so icy?

 

I glanced at him and he noticed. "Something wrong, Sera?"

 

"No. Nothing's wrong."

 

"Then, do you remember my name?"

 

No, I don't.

 

Seeing how I pointedly averted my eyes, he sighed exaggeratingly. "I'm Jongdae, Kim Jongdae."

 

Jongdae. He's a nice guy.

 

I made a mental note to remember his name and gave him a smile. "I'm Sera, Do Sera."

 

"Oh! You have the same surname as our Kyungsoo!" He clapped his hands in glee softly, and he pointed to a boy that sat opposite him.

 

If Jongdae (yes! I remembered his name) hadn't directed my attention to the boy, I wouldn't have noticed him. I really wouldn't have.

 

The boy was small, much smaller in stature and size in comparison to the boys that sat on either sides of him (the foreigner on his left, the abnormally tall boy on his right). He doesn't stand out, despite donning a black dress shirt with a jacket the same shade of black while a white tie completed his outfit. But what kept me looking at him was his heart-shaped lips.

 

They were so perfectly formed, I would have thought he underwent cosmetic surgery to have them shaped like that.

 

And I was curious (and foolish) enough to ask Jongdae.

 

"Oh!" He chuckled. "They're natural. Since he was born, they've been like that. His infant and baby photos can prove it."

 

The way that Jongdae looked at me made me feel small, like I had most definitely asked an unnecessary question.

 

Way to impress a boy, Sera.


 

[Sehun]

 

I continued to watch her as she conversed with Jongdae-hyung, occasionally a small smile would grace her face; but otherwise it remained stoic, like the aura around her.

 

If she truly is her, then surely some form of our instincts would stir within her. Right?

 

I hadn't heard nor notice the waiters proceeding into the room with our food until the strong scent of blood filled my nostrils when I inhaled.

 

A small smile slowly spread on my face as I looked at my dinner.

 

Ribeye steak, rare. With a large side order of broccoli. Bloody. My orbs dilated at the sight of the red on my plate. Just the way I like it.

 

And definitely just the way we all like our food to be.

 

The same dinner item was served to each of the other boys and satisfied smiles appeared on their faces. Guess we all ordered the same thing.

 

My eyes flitted to her and to the dish in front of her.

 

Ribeye steak, medium well. Served with a dash of mushroom sauce and accompanied with a large side of broccoli. Wise choice, Jongdae-hyung.

 

She picked up the steak knife and fork and was about to cut her steak when her eyes flitted over to Jongdae-hyung’s plate. They widened and I saw her chest contract, snapped shut almost instantly. She gently replaced the knife and held her right hand over . Her orbs never left his plate and she watched him cut it up, blood seeping out of the meat.

 

Her chest inflated as she inhaled.

 

As if time had slowed, my eyes caught her fingers releasing their grip on the fork and it clattered noisily on her plate. Her left hand covered her right, and her chest contracted once more. She looks like she’s about to barf.

 

Her chair screeched as she stood up suddenly and exited the room with everyone’s eyes looking at her back, the silk waves swishing around her thighs as she ran.

 

“Sera?” Her friend called after her. “Sera!” She turned back to the table, her face betraying the concern she suddenly felt. Shooting Suho-hyung an apologetic smile, she replaced her cutlery on the table before rushing after her friend.

 

“Oh dear. I do hope she’s fine.” Suho-hyung frowned. “I wonder what happened…”

 

“She hasn’t even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter