Chapter Fourteen

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Lia]

 

That man has indeed changed.

 

He’s a lunatic.

 

This is his father’s favourite place — a place called home. Our battle is bound to cause destruction to this sanctuary and I cannot let it happen.

 

But first, Sera and Sehun.

 

“Lia, take Sera and run. I’ll protect Sehun.” I nodded and we faced him and the masked men.

 

Jaehoon charged, putting his hands in front of him. In an instant, his nails elongated and he slashed numerous men; their weapons rendered useless against the King.

 

I, too, dashed ahead. Jumping onto one of them, I snapped his neck without a second thought and the dead vampire crumpled to the ground. Around me, my friends were taking out the men with their various abilities.

 

Where's that monster...

 

"OMMA!!"

 

My heart stopped.

 

He has her.

 

I turned to my children. My girl was still on the throne, her brother stood protectively in front of her.

 

"You won't take her!" He snarled fiercely, his eyes hard and fiery.

 

The prince has awakened.

 

Jaehyun smirked, and the men around him laughed but their laughter was shortened with the arrival of my husband. Dropping them as though they were dolls, he charged head first towards his cousin; or ex-cousin.

 

"Keep your hands off her!" He roared and if Sehun knew what his father wanted him to do, he picked his sister up while the man was being distracted and ran.

 

"Here, baby." I extended my arms and my boy placed Sera in my arms. I ruffled my son's hair, and pecked on his cheek. "Be careful now, Hun."

 

He nodded and at that moment, he resembled so much like his father. The strength in his eyes, the superiority in his aura.

 

The coldness of a vampire.

 

Taking one last longing look at my husband who was currently clashing with Jaehyun, I reluctantly released my son and carried Sera out of the Throne Room.

 

“Omma… omma, what happened? Sehun oppa, why did we leave him behind...? Yixing oppa, is he okay? I s-saw him getting s-slashed by the m-man." In my arms, the girl sobbed. Her words gradually becoming incoherent as tears streamed down her cheeks and into her open mouth. "O-Omma, I-I'm scared. I smell b-blood, l-lots of it.”

 

Even though she was a vampire, Sera is a peculiar kind. She might just be the only vampire that hates the smell of blood. The mere sight of it disgusts her. Maybe it's due to her power but no, I don't think so.

 

Darting into an empty room, I gently placed her down and pulled her into a tight embrace. I held back my tears, refusing to let them fall; refusing to show any sign of weakness in front of my daughter.

 

“Sera." I cupped her face in my trembling hands which I willed to stop shaking. "Oh Sera, listen to me. Sehun is fine, appa will definitely protect him and Yixing will be fine too. He has his father with him. And you know how Uncle Hanxi is exceptional at healing people." I gave her a small smile and the crying girl hushed and whimpered.

 

Looks like that man really knows of her — that she's special.

 

.

 

I gazed at my girl, whose nut-brown orbs (she took after her father) were b with tears of fear.

 

I have to decide now. I have to decide if I ought to remov–

 

A loud blast echoed through the Mansion and I knew time was running out.

 

Heck it.

 

Ripping a long slit up my skirt, I whipped out a small knife that I hid around my thigh and hastily slit my wrist. Wincing, I endured the pain, and a loud gasp came from the only other being in the room.

 

"O-Omma?" Her eyes widened and her chest inhaled. She's about to heave.

 

I'm sorry, sweetie.

 

Grabbing her hair, I edged her face to my bleeding wrist and forcefully shoved it at . I willed my blood to flow out faster and my heart shattered at the sight that was before me.

 

My blood had been smeared over her features while tears spilled from her bloodshot eyes and together with the blood, streamed down her cheeks. Her words were muffled by the constant flow of blood into and she tried to cough the liquid she hated out.

 

Her orbs screamed fear and they begged me to stop.

 

"I can't." I hiccuped, realising that I was sobbing as well. "Omma won't. It's for your own good my baby girl."

 

At that moment, her irises glowed golden.

 

It's done. The ritual is complete.

 

I removed my wrist from and urged it to heal. I intentionally slashed it deep so as to prevent it from healing quickly while I force fed Sera. Vampire abilities are such chores at times. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter