Chapter Thirty-One

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yixing]

 

“What the heck was she thinking!?”

 

Suho held the door open as I stepped into the mansion.

 

“Who knows what goes on in this thick skull of hers.” I deadpanned, eyes rolling and lips pulled into a thin line. Xiumin-hyung fist-bumped with Suho before following after me as I glided over to the stairs. Stomping up, the rest of the boys emerged from their respective rooms, eyes judging the state of my girlfriend and I was so angry with her, I didn’t even wish to pick a fight with Zitao who shied away from her after sniffing the air that reeked with alcohol. Sehun offered to take his sister from my back but I shook my head lightly and he obliged by opening the door to her room for me.

 

I laid her down on her bed and watched in slight amusement as her hands automatically reached for her pillow, her face burying itself in it. Sehun motioned for us to leave her but I didn’t want to.

 

“Nah, I’ll stay for awhile longer.” He nodded and was about to shut the door when I remembered something. “Did Luhan-hyung get back here safely with Jieun-sshi?”

 

“Yep, he got back about twenty minutes before you and Xiumin-hyung did. Jongdae-hyung didn’t seem too pleased to see the girl in her drunk state.” A smug smile formed on his face and I chuckled knowingly. “Anyway, I’ll leave my sister in your capable hands. Good night, hyung.”

 

The door clicked shut and her rhythmic breathing filled the silence of the room. Outside, I could hear the rest of the boys retreating back into their rooms with the exception of Sehun who probably went to check on Sera’s friend who should be resting in one of our guest rooms.

 

I wonder if Jongdae is with her, aha.

 

My eyes darted back to her as my hand reached out to brush her fringe out of her eyes. Kyungsoo’s sudden words startled me and I awkwardly retracted my hand even though the boy wasn’t in the room.

 

“Yixing-hyung? I’ll boil some hangover soup for the girls and they’ll be able to drink it in the morning when they wake up. Is that alright?”

 

“Yes, it’s fine. Thank you Kyungsoo ah.”

 

“You’re welcome, hyung.”

 

The boy spoke no more and I was certain that he got himself busy with the mentioned soup he wanted to prepare.

 

I removed the pillow from her face for I was afraid of it suffocating her and gently lifted her head to place it under. Releasing her, my fingers were about to trace her features when she suddenly sat up.

 

Her eyes were shut but her arms wrapped themselves around my neck. She nuzzled her face into the crook of my shoulder and her breaths warmed my exposed collarbones.

 

“Yixing-oppa…” She slurred, the alcohol in her breath causing my eyes to water and I momentarily prevented myself from breathing. The alcohol was simply too strong. God, how much did she even drink!?

 

I attempted to unwind her arms from my neck but was met with strong resistance (which I could have easily overpowered, but…) and a slight frown flitted onto her beautiful face.

 

"I don't waaaannnntttt to leave you... It's comfortable like this."

 

“But you need to get some res–”

 

“I don’t careeeeeeeeee.” She whined, her head shaking and her nose grazed my bare neck. I almost burst into a fit of ticklish giggles but I suppressed it. “I just want you.”

 

Badump.

 

“C-Could you,” She hiccupped. “Lie d-down with me, Yixing-oppa?” The most angelic smile I’ve seen on her yet appeared and what could I do against that?

 

Badump.

 

I sighed, and proceeded to position myself next to her as she flopped back down onto the bed. Letting her rest on my arm, I grabbed the pillow and supported my head with it. She smiled contentedly as she closed the gap between us, her hands wrapping around my waist. I her hair gently and bravely planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

 

“O-Oppa.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“O-Oppa, why did you have to be so scary j-just now?” The smile vanished and a sad expression replaced it. “I-I know I’m at fault for consuming alcohol but y-you didn’t need to be so f-fierce.”  I felt wetness at the front of my shirt as well as on my exposed skin and guilt seeped into me.

 

What did I even do...?

 

"Why do you always get yourself into trouble, Oh Sera."

"Why do you always get yourself into trouble, Oh Sera."

 

"Why do you always get yourself into trouble, Oh Sera."

 

Oh.

 

I groaned, having forgotten about what I might (or most definitely have) spoken to her during the encounter with the Chinese vampires. Her sniffles gnawed at my conscience and even though I knew that this whole schnitzel was her fault, I couldn’t find it in me to lecture her.

 

And also, my concentration were slightly off when I pinked at the fact that her hands have found their way under my shirt and were running up and down my .

 

“L-Look, I was just angry then but now I’m not.” I wrapped my free hand around her and pulled her even closer to me. “You don’t have to be afraid of me, alright?”

 

She stopped sniffling and I took it as a sign to relax and I resumed the of her hair to calm her down.

 

“But you do realise that Sehun wil–”

 

She started to sniffle again.

 

And mentally face-palming myself, I regretted what I had just said.

 

“S-Ser-”

 

She gazed upwards, her eyes now open and they glistened under the soft lighting of her room. The fact that she had been crying was evident, seeing how they were puffy and red. At the mention of her brother, the frightened frown must have made its way onto her face though the moment I locked eyes with her, it began to crumble.

 

And I knew what this girl was about to do next when her orbs glinted.

 

"D-Don't look at me like t-that.... Don’t even sta-"

 

“Oppaaa, can’t you say or do something? You know how Sehun-oppa would kill me…” Long gone was the frown, instead her lower lip was pushed out to the maximum; the wetness in her orbs greatly amplified the pity puppy effect as she widened them and possibly willed tears to appear. Pushing herself up and away from me, she clasped her hands together and pleaded with me. “Yixing-oppa… Pweassseeee.”

 

Badump.

 

Endure, Yixing, endure.

 

“Pretty pweassse ooppaaa?” She bit on her lower lip and even though I reckoned that she was under the influence of alcohol, she looked hella seductive.

 

“W-We–” , what the heck? Zhang Yixing, focus! “Your aegyo won’t work on me this time, so stop it.” I mustered my most stoic expression and stared at her, hoping that she’d buy the mask I’ve plastered on.

 

Sera went silent, her pity puppy face still remained. Seeing how still she had become, I was about to prop myself up onto my elbows when she threw herself onto me and placed her arms on either sides of my face. Bundles of hair rolled over her face and they created a form of cover around our faces. I gazed into her eyes and I gulped dryly as they seem to pierce into me, knowing all my secrets. Her warm breath that still reeked of alcohol grazed my lips and I parted them out of reflex to the warmth.

 

It felt as though she was seducing me, with her hair tumbling around in waves, her wet eyes staring deep into mine, her lips so dangerously close, and her pink cheeks that seemed to betray the embarrassment (or alcohol) in her.

 

Badump.

 

"Oppa,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter