Chapter Five

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Kai]

 

Looking at Jongdae-hyung’s face, I knew he’d understand. I stood up from my seat, amidst states from the others, straightened my uniform and effortlessly caught up with the two girls who were about to step out of the canteen.

 

I dusted imaginary dust off my shirt and put on my killer smoulder.

 

Intercepting them with a raise of my arm, they stopped and I shot a wink at them.

 

"Hey girls."

 

One of the girls turned crimson and she looked away immediately. The other, the one Zitao was cursing about, darted her eyes to mine and rolled them.

 

Did she just ing roll her eyes at me...!?

 

Whatever. Calm down, Kai, calm down.

 

"I'm so sorry that my friend Zitao ungraciously interrupted your lunch." I gave them a patronising smile and the girl who turned crimson sneaked a glance at me. "Thus to atone for his wrong, I– no, we would like to invite the both of you out for dinner today."

 

I continued to smile, and I noticed girls swarming around us. I flashed my killer smile at them and they squealed.

 

"So, how about it? Do we have the honour?"

 

The crowd started to buzz and I had to do crowd control. Damn it, how I wish I could jus– No Kai, you can't.

 

Control.

 

"I'm sorry but we're going to have to reject your kind offer."

 

H-Huh what?!

 

"B-But are you s-sure?" I spluttered, as roars of laughter erupted from the table. My eyes flitted back there for a moment and I swear Sehun smirked at me. That damn brat.

 

"Yes, we are sure." It was the girl who looked away, but this time she looked straight at me. No tinge of red flooded her cheeks, though I noticed them twitching. "We're sorry."

 

"But g-girls would kill to have a meal with us! Yet you are rejecting us!" I turned to the girl who had stayed silent all this while. "What about you? Your friend hasn't asked for your opinion, so what's your decision?"

 

I reached out to grab her hand when her own hand moved and slapped mine away.

 

"Don't touch me." Her words sliced through me and I felt a deathly chill down my spine. Is this... fear I'm feeling?

 

I looked up at her. Her eyes were dark and stormy, a definite frown on her face. "You're nobody to me, so don't you touch me so casually." Her tone was sharp and her friend timidly placed a hand on her shoulder.

 

"Sera...?"

 

"Let's go Jieun. I believe we're done here." She grabbed onto the hand that was on her shoulder and led her friend away.

 

I gulped and watched the two of them walk down the hallway, the students parting like the Red Sea for them both.

 

That girl... She's frightening.

 

I looked down at my hands. They're trembling. Kai Kim's hands are shaking from fear of a girl.

 

Oh I'm about to receive hell from the boys.


 

[Sera]

"I'll just be a moment Jieun, let me go to the washroom."

 

I placed my pen onto the notebook and edged the chair out, careful to not make it screech.

 

Jieun nodded and she resumed her reading of the textbook that would be tested in a pop quiz tomorrow.

 

I entered the washroom and stepped inside a cubicle. I did my business and opened the door. While washing my hands, a group of girls bustled in and they looked at me.

 

I pointedly ignored their stares as I washed my hands and was about to grab a pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter