Chapter Forty-Seven

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sehun]

 

“GO! GO! GO! Get him out!”

“Shut up, Park Chanyeol! You’re being so noisy.”

“Says the noisiest one.”

 

Oh for god’s sake, can’t they just keep quiet for a minute?

 

As usual, the same-aged friends were gathered around the game console making an unbearably loud ruckus on who was going to win or lose.

 

I shook my head as I descended the stairs to head over to the kitchen to get my daily dose of blood. Opening the refrigerator to retrieve the packet, I turned to meet Kyungsoo-hyung who swiftly passed me a cup.

 

“Thanks, hyung.”

 

He smiled and headed to set the dining table.

 

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12…

 

“Hyung… you left out one set.” I rested my chin on the rim of the cup, my body leaning against the doorway that connected the kitchen and the dining room.

 

“Mm?” He whirled around, a puzzled look on his countenance. “Ah... Sera isn’t coming back for dinner, Sehun ah. She said she’s meeting Jieun.”

 

Dinner? Have they made up?

 

"Psh, she could have told me beforehand... It's like you're her brother instead of me." I blew a raspberry and Kyungsoo-hyung chuckled, "Hurry finish your drink, dinner's starting soon. Oh, and help me call on the others."

 

Nodding, I traipsed to the living room and plopped down next to Suho-hyung who gave me a mock-glare for squeezing him into the side of the large couch. On the other side of me, Kai snickered. He playfully draped both his legs over my lap, earning himself a light smack on the thigh.

 

"Kai... Remove your legs..." I growled and the boy laughed, wrapping his arms around my body. "I don't wanna, Sehunnie is so warm~"

 

At that moment (unfortunately), Kai had attracted the attention of the boys in the living room. The three same-aged friends had knowing smirks and their eyes glinted. Oh my life.

 

Before they could open their mouths to spew their expected buttload of nonsensical insults, Kyungsoo-hyung's authoritative voice travelled to our ears and our heads snapped to the kitchen.

 

"Time for dinner, you asses."


 

"The chicken is so good," Zitao swallowed a large mouthful of the chicken stew. "You've got to make this everyday, Soo ah."

 

I glanced over at the small boy, a snigger rising in my throat as I caught sight of a brief smirk on his face. Kyungsoo-hyung loves to be complimented when it comes to his cooking. He's so adorable, ha.

 

As a small smile overcame me, a sharp tickle ran over my shoulder blades. I flinched in response and the first person I thought of that would play such a prank on me was none other than him.

 

"Jongdae-hyung, stop it."

 

The cutlery stopped moving instantly. Curious eyes rose to look at me as I glared at the boy seated beside me. His own pair of puzzled eyes stared back, “Huh? Wa-chu-tolking-bout?” Bits of the chicken flew out of his mouth and I cringed in reflex.

 

And as he turned back to his plate, the same bout of pain struck again. This time, it spread to my waist and I barely stayed seated on the chair.

 

“It's not funny, Jongdae-hyung.”

 

“Whut?!”

 

“Stop it!” I was getting pretty annoyed, and the fact that the boy remained so 'innocent' grated on my nerves.

 

“Stop what?”

 

Before I could say anything else, the pain on my shoulders disappeared and I could sit alright once more. Suppressing the guttural growl, I shot a glare at Jongdae-hyung who returned me with an innocent expression.

 

"Let's just continue eating." Yixing-hyung commented, and the rest of the boys resumed their dinner, the sounds of cutlery scraping the plates filling the silence.

 

I bit on the insides of my cheeks, hurt that they most probably didn't believe me.

 

Damn this. I am going to fix that Jongdae-hyung later.

 

I resumed my dinner as well, my eyes fixated on the chunks of chicken on my plate. I hurriedly cleared them, scarfing them down without words, not wanting to stay in the same room as the prankster who wouldn’t admit to his mistake as well as the people who wouldn’t believe me.

 

My chair screeched, almost toppling backwards if I had exerted more force in pushing it back. Gripping the plate tightly in my hands, I made my way to the sink but the plate in my hands never reached its intended destination.

 

A sudden wave of nausea overwhelmed me, causing my hands to weaken and the plate crashed onto the floor, shattering into uncountable pieces.

 

What... is wrong with me?!

 

I crumpled onto the tiled floor, my hand clutching onto my nape, nails digging into the sides of my neck as the nausea increased. The urge to regurgitate my dinner formed but as quick as it came, it vanished just as fast. Instead, my hand now clutched my throat as I gasped desperately for air. As much as I wish to stop breathing, I couldn’t; something was preventing me from doing so. My chest constricted, my lungs screaming for oxygen as time ticked past. It felt as though an invisible rope has been wound around my neck, its grip tightening with every passing second.

 

“S-Sehun…” A soft glow of blue appeared in front of me as it approached the hand on my neck. My fingers relaxed and a soothing sensation washed over me the instant Yixing-hyung’s hand touched mine.

 

My fingers dropped but as soon as they reached my lap, Yixing-hyung doubled over, an inexplicably loud gasp of pain escaping his lips.

 

"Hyung!" In an instant, everyone crowded around he and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter