Chapter Twenty-Two

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Kai]

 

"Kai, guard Sera. I am off to see the teacher."

 

"Aww Yixing-hyung, I'm talking to some chicks. But alright, I am on my way there."

 

Psh, why me? I know I am the best but the others can do the job too~

 

“Oppa, why are you mumbling to yourself?” One of the girls that I was chatting up glanced up at me, her lids fluttering.

 

Pretty, but not as beautiful as our Sera. Oops, better not let Yixing-hyung or Sehun know that.

 

“Ah, n-nothing. I’ve got something on right now. Talk to you later.” With a wink, I walked away from the group of girls.

 

Taking my own sweet time, I sauntered towards her dorm room until...

 

"GO AWAY!"

 

Sera!

 

Without caring to see if anyone was around me, I teleported and landed in her room. A man in a full-black outfit was in it, and in his arms was her.

 

Judging from his widened eyes and slightly gaping mouth, it seemed that the intruder never expected someone to interrupt as when he turned to face me, Sera's limp hand knocked into the edge of her closet, and the sound of the hard bump echoed in the room.

 

"What the are you doing with her?!” The girl was in his arms, and seeing how doll-like her body was, she’s unconscious. “Let her go!"

 

The gaping mouth turned into a smirk as he looked at me and at once, I registered his face.

 

"Bastard! You're the one that got in our way the previous time! Who are you?!" I growled, and I took a step forward. I knew I didn’t have much time; the guy was a teleporter, like me. He could vanish in the next second. What are you going to do, Kai, what can you do?

 

"Oh. You’re a teleporter too.” His eyes flashed with recognition as he gave me a sweeping look.

 

I swear, if Sera wasn’t in his arms, I would have ing tore him apart.

 

But I can’t; he has the girl.

 

“T’was nice to meet a fellow ability-user, but I do apologise. I have to leave."

 

No. No!

 

I charged forward but he vanished, together with her. Grabbing onto air, I let out an exasperated roar and knelt on the floor.

 

Gone again! Under my ing eye! ing !

 

“Kai.”

 

The door burst open to reveal eleven boys whose eyes have turned crimson. They entered the room and Luhan-hyung closed the door behind him. “D-Did you guys run here…?”

 

"It doesn’t matter if anyone saw.” He isn’t my brother right then. “We didn’t have a choice, we heard everything and we can track him."

 

The prince is here, beware.


 

[Sehun]

 

The inherited superiority in my bloodline made its appearance.

 

If I had a choice, I would never use my inherited status to command my friends or brothers to do anything but he appeared because the situation called for it. Oh Sehun needed the ‘prince’ in him.   

 

Suho-hyung and Kris-hyung immediately got to work, combing the entire dorm room for clues but it was Jongdae-hyung who discovered droplets of blood on the floor as well as midges of blood on the edge of the closet. One whiff of it and both Yixing-hyung and I confirmed the red liquid to be hers.

 

“Go ahead.” Yixing-hyung gestured to the droplets of the blood. “You can have the honour, Sehun.”

 

I lightly dipped my pinky finger onto one of the droplets and brought the blood-stained finger to my lips. The moment the substance touched my tongue, all my senses were tuned to her.

 

“I got her.”

 

Smirks appeared on the hyungs’ faces as their crimson orbs snapped to me. “Well, are we gonna get her now or what?” Chanyeol-hyung cracked a wide grin as he nudged Baekhyun-hyung.

 

“Sehun, can you see her?” Xiumin-hyung asked, as he stepped towards me. “Or hear her…?”

 

I shook my head. “I can’t, but I can smell her. And that’s all I need.” I glanced at my brothers, a confident smirk forming on my own face.

 

“After all, we are vampires. Blood is everything to us.”


 

“Try to keep up, Jongdae ah.” Without turning back, I heard Suho-hyung say to Jongdae-hyung as the latter trailed last. I bit back a knowing snicker. Jongdae-hyung’s stamina isn’t as developed as ours, and the hyung never liked to train with us. What can we do to our genius?

 

We were running through an expansive dense forest, having ventured out of the city discreetly (by taking the subway to the countryside, duh) at our top speeds. Our destination, her location, was somewhere in the middle of this ing forsaken land of green. I continued to smell the air as I ran, afraid that they would move her.

 

If I had a fastest way to reach her on time, I would have Kai to mass teleport us but even I know that my same-aged friend’s stamina won’t last if he keeps teleporting. Yes, we would most definitely reach the location in a split second and lessens the chances of them moving Sera away, but I have other plans for my friend. And it does not include wasting his stamina on teleporting us when we can just run.

 

"Hun, what are you getting?" Kris-hyung noiselessly leaped up to me from behind; he would have startled me if I hadn't heard him jump. "Anything we ought to know? I have a feeling we're getting close."

 

I inhaled.

 

Moist wood, dried leaves, ashes, rusted metals, perhaps twenty vampires and a girl, Sera.

 

I stayed silent, formulating a plan in my head as we continued to run towards her, the others trailing behind me. I soon stopped, and in the distance, a stout chimney signalled the end of our search.

 

We may have ran for hundreds of kilometres, but our faces didn't betray the tiredness some of us (Jongdae-hyung, most likely hah) were experiencing. I could hear our rapid heartbeats, and the exhilaration of participating in an impending fight simmering in our bodies.

 

With my inhumane sight, I gave the cottage a sweep. Turning back to the hyungs, my princely tone appeared.

 

“Here’s the plan, so listen up.” None of them flinched, and I take it as a go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter