Chapter Twelve

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yixing]

 

Stepping out of the restaurant after having settled the exorbitant bill in our childhood way (scissors, paper, stone), I inhaled lightly and the fresh night air filled my lungs. Cooling my throat by breathing in more air, I heard the payer muttering furiously under his breath as he approached me.

 

“Seriously Xing, I always thought I was the luckiest guy on earth.” A sharp chin rested on my shoulder and I winced slightly at the sudden pain. “Bah, hambug. There goes my pocket money for this month.”

 

Oh, Luhan-hyung.

 

“It’s not as if your mother wouldn’t give you more if you asked.” I stated, as I shook his chin away from my shoulder and gave him a small smile.

 

He gaped.

 

“You just smiled. You just ing smiled at me!”

 

“Why?” I dropped my smile and a frown replaced it instantly. “You don’t like it?”

 

He pulled me into a hug. “Like it? I love it! Please keep smiling, alright Xing?”

 

My hands awkwardly reached up to his back and patted it softly. He chuckled and I smiled.

 

“Oh! By the way Yixing, I want to ask you som-”

 

“Thank you, Jongdae.”

 

Her gentle voice travelled to my ears and I wheeled around just in time to see her stepping into Chanyeol’s car as Jongdae held the door open.

 

My eyes narrowed as he tapped the pane and she lowered it with a curious expression on her face. Her eyes followed his fingers as he pressed it to his lips before placing it lightly on her cheek.

 

What on eart–

 

Rage bubbled within me and I found myself biting on my lower lip hard. My fists clenched and guttural growls rose from my throat, threatening to escape my lips. My body tensed, and I would have rushed forward to stop that interaction if I could. But I can’t. I can’t risk revealing my true identity; our true identities. The strong urge to tear the younger boy apart was strong - I could barely keep myself in check.

 

“Good night, Do Sera. I’ll see you soon.” And he winked.

 

Oh that boy just earned a one way ticket to the depths of hell.

 

Chanyeol drove the car away and I watched the vehicle rumble down the gravelly path. Looking at the back of her head, her eyes that glanced outside as she passed by the boys that were waving at them, the hand that had risen to the pane, seemingly wanting to wave back but ultimately decided against it.

 

The way she walked, the way her lips moved as she talked and laughed, and the way I visualised her facial expressions to be when she first laid eyes on the structure; the way she scoffed at the others’ comments and jokes, the way her eyes lit up when she first tasted the lemon sorbet.

 

The way she smiled.

 

“Yixing!” I snapped out of my recollection as I saw that Luhan-hyung was beckoning me to his Panamera Turbo S. “We’re going to leave without you, you daydreamer!”

 

My eyes darted to the path. Chanyeol’s car was long gone, and so was she.

 

It’s really her, then.

 

I can’t believe it.


 

[Zitao]

 

“Kris-hyung, can I sit in your car?”

 

I sauntered up to him as he leaned against the driver’s door of his Mercedes-Benz SLK and was scrolling through his phone.

 

“Can I? Can I? Can I??” I popped into his field of vision and peered at him with large eyes.

 

His lips pursed almost immediately. His large hand grabbed my face and pushed it away. I stumbled backwards and fell onto the sandy ground.

 

“Hyung!” I pouted and glared at him. Not even bothering to look up from his gadget, he did a peace sign with that same hand. Mocking me eh, this hyung deserves a stab of the thousand-year of pain juts-

 

My ears prickled at a strange sound.

 

Click.

 

That’s a weird sound to hear here. Security is pretty tight. Other than customers, no one is allowed to enter the grounds. So why would there be…

 

Click click click.

 

And a brief flash of white caught my attention.

 

Knowing which direction it originated from, I hurriedly got up and took off. Kris-hyung's confused face a blur as I ran past.

 

“Guys, I sense something off.”

 

Despite only mumbling under my breath as I ran, I knew the others heard it. Hasty footsteps resounded behind me and before long, Sehun was beside me.

 

“Hyung. What’s off?” He asked, his brows furrowed. “Did it have to do with the clicking noises?”

 

I nodded and a low growl escaped from the youngest’s lips.

 

Turning back to the front, I spied a shadow that abruptly swerved left.

 

“Left.”

 

Knowing that some of them would have dropped away from the crowd to pursue the person at my information, I turned to Sehun and we both swerved at the exact same spot as the shadow.

 

A few hundred metres down the beaten path, I found our intruder.

 

Surrounded by the boys, he was in the middle of us twelve as Sehun and I joined the pack.

 

It was a man. The stature and built of the person showed it clearly. Donning a black outfit that covered every part of his body except his eyes, he was in a defensive position as he watched us with wary eyes - hard eyes that seem to harbour hatred, and hostility towards us.

 

“Who are you and what were you doing with that camera!?” Kris-hyung barked, his voice loud and crisp in the silent night air. “Tell us immediately!”

 

“I don’t take orders from a noble.” If his tone offered an insight to his facial expression, a proud smirk would be on his face.

 

“Then, I suppose you’d listen to a prince.”

 

The man’s eyes widened as his eyes darted to the lone boy that stepped forward, authority emanating from the confidence in his aura.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter