Chapter Twenty-Four

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sera]

 

The darkness dissipated, and a new scene appeared in my vision. What I saw instantly got my blood boiling and a silent snarl rose from my throat.

 

Numerous men, their clothes shredded in places, were holding onto the boys, with Sehun-oppa at the front, Yixing-oppa beside him. One whiff was all I needed to recognise the men for who they actually are — vampires. The boys were unconscious, but I hoped that they just had their eyes closed and bodies limp due to the poisonous substance in the air from before.

 

I could feel the immense rage rushing through me as my eyes fell on the weapon in the hand of the man holding up Sehun-oppa; a knife that looked frighteningly like the ones that stabbed my mother that tragic night.

 

That night that I was lost to them, my blood family.

 

The man that was holding me hostage must still not have noticed that I have awakened for his disgusting laughter rang in the clearing, and his minions followed suit.

 

My blood rushed to my head, and I felt my irises change. Crimson, I hope that they’re crimson. My strength returned to me and I knew my time had arrived. Show time, girl.

 

Show ‘em what you really can do.

 

I moved my hands slightly, realising that my left was bounded while my right was free. Wriggling my feet as well, I found that my ankles were tied to the chair that I was sitting on. Smirking, I prepared myself mentally and I snapped the rope binding my left wrist effortlessly. The men in the clearing were shocked but they reacted far too late for I had freed myself from the chair.

 

I jumped backwards, towards the edge of the cottage floor. Getting into a defensive stance, my eyes caught all of the vampires in the clearing; none of them will escape my sight. The man that held me had a definite scowl on his face and I enjoyed his frustration at the fact that I had escaped. Twisting my wrists, I felt sharp pains on my right and mentally rolled my eyes to find that it had been slit and blood still seeped out of it. I clenched my right fist, and within seconds the slit healed, and a faint pink line appeared. That will, with time, disappear. Realising that I was also bleeding from my cheek, I willed the wound to close and I suppose it did for blood no longer trickled down like I was crying blood.

 

“Impossible.” I heard the man mutter. “She turned back to a vampire? How can this human revert!?” His eyes made contact with mine.

 

Oh, perfect.

 

“I may have been unconscious the entire time, but I heard what you’ve done to my brothers.” I hissed, and I took a step forward and the fear on the men’s faces brought a smirk to my face. “And now, time to return the favour.”

 

Staring straight at the man whose eyes still looked at mine, I confidently strode towards him, not breaking the gaze. He stumbled backwards but my eyes held onto his.

 

“You shall not run, you shall not fight, you shall not escape.”

 

And the gaze of the man’s changed; his eyes blanked and his hands fell to his sides. He stood still, like an unwinded toy soldier.

 

Witnessing their boss’ response, the other vampires roared and some abandoned the boys, jumping at me. I whirled towards them and my eyes caught theirs while they were in the air.

 

“Down. Like birds shot down, all of you stay down.”

 

They dropped like rag dolls immediately. The men writhed and struggled to stand up but an invisible force prevented them from doing so. The rest of the men abandoned the boys and all dashed towards me.

 

This is far too easy.

 

I stopped them in their tracks with a single gaze.

 

“Writhe. Struggle. Hands up,” Their hands shot up. “Hold your heads. Turn your heads slowly, do not stop no matter what. Feel the pain, feel our pain.”

 

Loud snaps echoed within the clearing and the vampires dropped dead onto the cottage floor, their heads lolling on the floor, their neck bones clearly detached from their spines. The way I wanted.  

 

“And as for the rest of you…” I squatted down and ruffled the hair of a rather young and handsome lad whose eyes dilated when I made him look at me. “How should I deal with you?”

 

Fear overwhelmed him and his irises flickered. Unable to speak or move, the lad could only express his emotions through his eyes. Those filthy eyes that showed his joy when he had his hands on my brothers.

 

“Oh, I know.” A manic smile formed on my face and I knew that I was on the brink of insanity, one more step and I might go insane. “I know how the rest of you shall die.”

 

I stood up, and some of them shut their eyes.

 

“You never learn, do you?” That I can control you without even looking into your eyes.

 

“Open your ing eyes. Look at me, and it shall be the last thing you’ll ever see because now, you will gouge your eyes out and bleed to death.”

 

I watched as their hands reached up to their faces, fingers digging into the sockets and within seconds, blood steadily streamed down their faces. Empty eye sockets greeted me and I revelled in the amount of red. My hate of blood clearly locked away at the expense of my rage taking over.

 

Several men gurgled and they collapsed, the once-brown cottage floor is now a beautiful sea of red.

 

I laughed.

 

“Now, squeeze.”

 

And loud squelches of meat filled the silence of the clearing.

 

Looking down at the handsome lad, I smirked. “Now that I look at you, no eyes and all, you don’t look that handsome at all.”

 

“Y-You monster!”

 

A single voice rang out and I snapped my head to the lone vampire hovering over Sehun-oppa, his thick arms drawing my attention.

 

“I’m impressed.” I drawled. “Your ability is really one-of-a-kind, being able to withstand all my orders up til now.”

 

I skipped over to him, flexibly avoiding the corpses on the red floor. He flinched, but his legs were rooted. I guess I do have some control over him after all, seeing how he hasn’t or couldn’t escape. Prodding his arms, an idea dawned on me and I sniggered.

 

“What’s so funny?” Fear was apparent in his tone, but he masked it with his gruff voice. “W-What are you thinking!?”

 

“Oh, nothing.” I continued to prod his thick arms, impressed at their hardness. “I’m just very awed by your arms, that’s all. It’d be nice if Yixing-oppa had arms like these.”

 

I stopped, and stood in front of him. “On second thought, maybe not.”

 

Staring straight into his frightened eyes, I scowled. “I wouldn’t want him to die the same way you’re going to. I’m going to be very traumatised.”

 

His eyes widened and immense fear washed over them. His lips quivered and he must be wanting to speak but I had already shut him up with my ability.

 

“I love your arms but unfortunately, they’re too huge for me. I do wish that they’d be smaller so now, your arms shall explode.”

 

Reacting, I grabbed Sehun-oppa by the collar and leaped backwards in time to save us from a huge explosion of blood.

 

I think I heard a silent scream of pain. Oh well, it could have been my imagination. Hah.

 

I set my brother down gently at the edge of the clearing and realised that only he remained.    

 

Not wanting their clothes to be stained, I decided to move the boys to the edge of the clearing and chuckled when I realised how effortlessly I've been moving the boys. Gently leaning Kyungsoo-oppa against Kris-oppa, I beamed down at the twelve of them before whirling around to face the last vampire.

 

"Only God knows why you're doing this." I circled around him, and snapped my fingers. He jerked and as if his soul returned to him, he scarpered. "Where do you think you're going?"

 

The man froze mid-stride and I ordered for him to return. The reluctance and fear in his widened says it all. "Oh? Someone is afraid of me now, isn't he? Wonderful."

 

Fright rolled off him in waves as I continued to walk around him, like a lioness striding around a helpless deer; predator and prey. My fingers grazed his leather jacket and if he could move, I bet he'd be shaking and avoiding me like plague. But he couldn't, the poor teleporter already had one leg in hell.

 

And now he's about to enter it fully.

 

"Tell me, who gave you the orders to kidnap me? Speak."

 

His mouth opened and he inhaled deeply. Gurgling, his eyes pointedly avoided mine and my annoyance level spiked. "I am not talking to a rock."

 

Guess he's not going to learn. Holding onto his chin, I peered into his eyes. "Your stomach shall rupture, now."

 

And a shrill scream of pain rose from his throat as tears streamed down his face. Something must have happened and joy surged through me as I watched his face contort into expressions of pain and rage.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter