Chapter Sixteen

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sera]

 

Ruffling my hair as I stood in front of the mirror in my bathroom, I sighed.

 

Yet another day of school.

 

I slapped my cheeks lightly and hastily tied my hair into a ponytail before stepping out.

 

Sunlight streamed into my dorm room and its rays cast light on my bed and my small study table. It also enabled another thing to catch my eye.

 

There it was; glistening in the light was the little black dress that I wore for the dinner with those boys.

 

My thoughts wandered and my mind strayed to them. Their chiseled faces, their voices, their mannerisms and strange quirks that I’ve noticed swum in my thoughts.

 

Gorgeous, courteous, and thoughtful.

 

Unconsciously, a small smile made its way onto my face as I recalled the way the tall one (Chan-something) opened the door for me that evening.

 

I looked at the mirror and noticed the smile. . It dropped immediately and I silently cursed myself for being affected by Jieun’s constant gushing about them ever since the dinner. I swear, if she wasn’t my friend (my only friend), I would have slapped her hard, tied her up, and threw her into the ocean for the sharks.

 

Yes, she was that annoying.

 

My bed shook lightly and I realised that my reminder alarm to leave for school earlier just rang and vibrated. Sighing, I got up and slung my bag over my shoulders.

 

Opening the door, I expected the door opposite to greet me as it always does but instead, a stranger did.

 

"Oh you're out! Thought you wouldn't be leaving the room for another forty-five minutes or so."

 

A lean figure with folding arms leaned against the wall of the corridor. If I hadn’t blinked to clear my blurred vision, I could have sworn I thought someone punched both his eyes. The boy had applied way too much eyeliner. Now, what was the name of this boy… Ba..k..con… Bacon?

 

My face must have betrayed the turmoil I was going through to recall his name for the boy pursed his lips and rolled his eyes.

 

"Sweetheart, you must have forgotten.” Sarcasm laced his words and I found myself visualising the numerous ways I could murder him for his obvious display of annoyance at me. “I’m Byun Baekhyun. The friend of that dumb giant who caused your unfortunate accident."

 

Why am I always seeing him? Why can’t it be that boy whose eyes always seemed so brok-

 

Wait. Do Sera, what the ?

 

“Alas milady, we do not have the luxury of time to be feeling irritated at each other for I have a mission to carry out.” Before I could splutter my anger, Baekhyun grabbed my hand and dragged me through the empty hallways. Students just don’t wake up as early as I do.

 

Or we do; since this boy must have reached my door early as well.

 

No matter how hard I resisted, tried to wrench my hand out of his, or dug my heels in the ground, the boy’s strength overpowered mine (I knew boys were strong, but this boy is insanely strong) and I soon found myself being pulled towards the school’s sprawling park.

 

Yes, this elite school has a ing park. Complete with a lake that has swans swimming in it, a fountain for the pigeons to frolic in, and benches and pavilions for the students.

 

Sometimes I wonder if anyone even comes to this place.

 

"Hey! I’ve got her~!" Baekhyun waved to a group of people sitting on the floor of a pavilion that was smack in front of the lake. In the morning light, the tea green-washed pavilion stood out in the greenery. With the pristine lake situated behind it, it was a postcard-worthy location.

 

If not for the people that occupied the said pavilion.

 

I shut my eyes and rolled them when I got a glimpse of the group. It’s the boys. Again.

 

When will I be able to be free of them…

 

The boys’ attention immediately turned to us as we approached the entrance of the pavilion. Bright smiles shone my way and if I wasn’t already accustomed to their cheerful auras, I would have been dazzled to death.

 

"Sera!"

"Yo, how have you been? I hope you’ve been well since the accide-"

"Shuddup Yeol. Sera, have you eaten breakfast?"

 

I knew I was frowning but the boys weren’t discouraged by it.

 

“Eiiiii, we ought to turn that smile upside down!”

 

Jongdae shot a grin at me but as soon as his eyes darted towards a boy that sat with his back towards me, it faltered and a timid beagle appeared.

 

Light laughter erupted in the pavilion and Baekhyun guided me to an empty space that was right in front of me.

 

And beside the boy with black hair.

 

"Hope you like your seat." The boy gave me a playful wink before proceeding to sit next to his tall friend with the elf ears.

 

Like my seat…? I don’t even want to be here with all of you. Ugh. I take back my thought of you guys being ‘thoughtful’.

 

My opinion to be here was most definitely not consulted.

 

“Alright, let’s not keep her waiting. We have to finish our breakfast before class starts too.”

 

I was so occupied with the boys that I didn’t notice the baskets on a massive red plaid cloth that they were sitting on. The boys opened the baskets and a mixture of smells wafted from them. A ton of food peeped out from the baskets and they looked delicious. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae leaned forward and together they brought out the food from the baskets and I could find myself gawking at how much food those seemingly tiny baskets contained.

 

My eyes scanned the variety of breakfast items spread out on the cloth and I have to admit, they really look super appetising. I could feel a rumble travelling to my stomach and I coughed at the same time my tummy growled.

 

I hope they hadn’t heard that.

 

I swallowed dryly and my tongue automatically my lips as I continued to look at the items - an array of sandwiches, a small pot of porridge, pancakes, and surprisingly kimchi. My brows rose at the unseeming container of fermented vegetable until Chanyeol scooped out a huge lump to go with his ham sandwich.

 

He must have noticed me staring at his way of eating for he flashed a grin at me and mouthed, “It’s really good!”

 

Uh.

 

“Sera.” I snapped to the voice and realised that the abnormally tall boy (Kris, was it?) was the one that called me. “Go on, help yourself. We’ll never finish it without your help.” He laughed while looking to his friends and upon realising that no one was laughing along with him, his laugh turned bitter and he stopped with an awkward bite on his tuna sandwich.

 

Pft.

 

I had to bite on my lips to prevent a smile from appearing. Realising that most of the boys were gazing at me and then expectantly at the breakfast items, I decided on what I could get. My hand moved to the nearest container of sandwiches that were generously filled with ham, egg and lettuce. Picking up one, I took a bite and almost immediately my eyes lit up.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter