Chapter Seventeen

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sera]

 

The bell rang and I hastened my pace. Moving my bag to the front, I hugged it like a teddy bear and ran along the hallways towards my homeroom. Along the way, expressions of amusement, confusion, and disdain were shot at me.

 

What the hell is going on…?

 

“Why are they with her?”

“Are they following her?”

“Why are the boys sending her to class?”

“What is going on?”

 

I can’t take it anymore.

 

Stopping in my tracks, I turned around to find three boys scrambling to hide behind one another like as though an invisible wall covered them.

 

Idiots…

 

“I said I’m fine. Can the three of you please stop following me? The students are staring, if you guys hadn’t noticed.” I purposely put on a frown, hoping that they would take the hint and leave.

 

“U-Uh, I am not following you.” The boy with single lids (Xiumin, yes?) gave me a forced crooked smile and he pointed to the foreigner beside him. “I am following Luhan.”

 

Luhan gaped but he pushed his jaw up and stammered. “Well, I am not following you too. I am following this guy here.” He pointed to the last boy and I could feel heat rushing to my cheeks when I realised that it was the boy with black hair.

 

“No, I am f-following… following…” He reached up to his head and scratched it awkwardly. A pregnant pause hung in the air.

 

“Whatever.”

 

I spun on my heel and continued my way to class. Stopping in front of the door, I glanced back and mentally sighed when their faces appeared in my field of vision.

 

“Look, I’ve reached my class.” Gesturing to the sign on the door, I shot them a you-can-go-now look. “Now, go to your own classroom. Bye.” I stepped into my class and barely after I closed the door, I was attacked from the back with a hug.

 

“Ah!”

 

What the? I swear I am going to kill them.

 

Grabbing the person by the arm, I whirled around and would have landed my fist on that person’s face if my eyes hadn’t caught sight of an extremely familiar pair of eyes. Jieun.

 

At the moment I slowly put down my arm, the door slid open and the three idiots’ faces appeared. “Sera! What happened! I heard your shriek.” Xiumin asked, his cheeks puffed out like the first time I saw him.

 

I hastily retracted my fist and hid it behind my back. Giving them my signature poker face, I commented casually, “Nothing, and what are you doing here? Didn’t I tell you to leave.”

 

I narrowed my eyes and pursed my lips. Xiumin gave me a weak smile before his face left my sight, and Luhan followed reluctantly. The last boy gazed at me with concern like before and I had to hold onto the back of my shirt to prevent my hands from reaching up to the middle of his brows and easing them apart.

 

He eventually left and the door slid shut.

 

I sighed in relief and a knowing snicker came from beside me.

 

I turned to her as she bit on her lower lip and tried to stifle more snickers.

 

“Sorry Jieun. I thought you were one of the boys.”

 

“No worries!” She tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear and hooked my arm with hers. We walked to our seats. “And wow, you were strong. Totally strong, I swear!”

 

Her eyes then changed from amazement to that of mischief.

 

“Now, tell me. Why were the three of them sending you to class? I, no, the whole school witnessed it. Did you get together with one of them? Oh my goodness, please tell me what I’ve missed!!”

 

Like as if I would get together with any of them.

 

“Nothing happened. They just followed me. Annoying much.” I shrugged my shoulders and settled into my seat. Jieun sat down at the table next to mine.

 

“And… Something must have happened for them to follow you around! C’mon girl, spill.” Her eyes sparkled and her eagerness couldn’t be more obvious on her face.

 

If she knows about this morning’s breakfast with the boys, my ears will most definitely be unable to rest today…

 

“Really. Nothing happened.” Avoiding her eyes, I looked into my bag and brought out my pencil case. Setting it on the table, I spied her hands reaching over to me but before they grabbed onto me, our homeroom teacher entered the classroom and immediately, the room silenced itself.

 

“I’ll question you during lunch later.” My friend hissed, shooting me a mock glare.

 

Oh boy…


 

The lunch bell rang.

 

Damn it!  

 

Seeing how Jieun was still scribbling on her notebook, I darted out of my seat before her hands could reach out to stop me.

 

Just as I was about to brisk walk past the teacher’s table, the teacher stopped me.

 

“Sera, could you help me carry these to the staff room? Please and thank you very much.”

 

Saved!

 

Pointedly showing my friend the things in my arms, I gave her a aww-see-you-later smile before slipping out of the room and I proceeded to the staff room that was located on the second floor.

 

I made my way towards the stairs that would lead directly to the entrance of the said room while trying to keep the numerous items in the ridiculously small basket and simultaneously weaving through the onslaught of the lunch crowd heading to the canteen that was unfortunately in the opposite direction that I was walking in.

 

Ugh. Now, I think I’d rather take that interrogation over this.

 

The journey to the staff room seemed arduously long. I finally spied the sign for it and with the room just a few metres away, I quickened my steps and was about to slide the door open when a hand grabbed onto mine.

 

A very well-manicured hand.

 

" off." I narrowed my eyes and stared straight into her eyes; that didn’t even bat an eyelid at my glare. Guess I better kick it up a notch. "What do you want?"

 

"You, me, at the back stairs. Right now!" Smirking, she pointed her bony fingers at the emergency exit that was just beside the classroom opposite the staff room.

 

"And why should I listen to you?"

 

"Uh uh uh…” She wiggled a witch-like finger in my face and I felt the strong urge to bite it off her ghastly hand. “You should be a good girl and listen to me or else your little friend who is waiting for you at the canteen will be the one suffering."

 

I flinched.

 

Jieun.....

 

“Fine.”

 

I swear I'll tear you apart limb by limb if anything happens to her.

 

Walking straight into the staff room, I gently placed the stuff on the teacher's desk before slipping out of the room with a curt bow of respect. Shooting Kang Heesun a death glare, I trudged to the exit with her trailing behind me.

 

The moment I stepped into the staircase landing, the door slammed shut behind me and I found myself face-to-face with two other girls whose makeup is as thick as icing on cakes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter