Chapter Fifty-Three

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Kris]

 

No one steals my target.

 

No ing one.

 

I descended at a dangerous speed, risking my life to get my hands around the tanned male’s neck. He had managed to evade my advances thus far, vanishing each time I tried to pummel or kick him. His most recent disappearance made him the target of another male, whose roundhouse kick missed, eliciting a loud roar of fury from him.

 

He launched himself at the shorter male, successfully landing a punch on him. The tanned male grunted, stumbling backwards a few steps. His hand came up, wiping the blood that had appeared at the corner of his lips. At the sight of the red, I growled gutturally, my throat suddenly going dry for reasons unknown. My speed enabled me to land another punch on him, this time stumbling forward and earning himself a kick at the stomach from the taller male.

 

I was about to take him up into the air when the ground shook, and another fissure travelled through the Room, destroying the lacquer floor. I yelled in frustration, as the tanned male vanished for the umpteenth time. Whirling around, I found the culprit of the supposed earthquake that caused me to lose my prey as his clenched fist was still on the floor. The fissure definitely came from him, and in front of him, another tall male lay. He slipped on his shoes a few times but nonetheless managed to get up. He charged at the small male, an insane expression on his face.

 

Interesting. I’d like to have him next.

 

Yet, I didn’t have the luxury of time nor choice to change my target as I found myself flying backwards. My jaw ing hurt and the taste of copper filled my mouth. Snapping my head up, only a single image caught my attention.

 

The smug smirk of the thief who stole my target.

 

No one steals my target.

 

No. One.

 

I picked myself up, the fury in me increasing as his arrogant look was all I could see in my sight. Flying at him at my fastest speed, I expected my fist to make contact with his jaw but at the next moment, I found myself on the floor.

 

Wha–

 

The male towered over my pathetic frame, the smug smirk still on his ing face. His hands were akimbo on his waist as his eyes stared straight at mine, a manic glint in them.

 

Dammit. How on earth did I even get myself onto the floor!? Wasn’t I going to ing destroy that face–

 

No way. Time control?

 

Of all people to be fighting with, I just had to pick a fight with a seemingly impossible opponent to defeat.

 

Kris, you’re so screwed.

 

But I didn’t have the time to be feeling sorry for myself for a pair of hands extended towards me and when I glanced up, the long-time-no-see face of the tanned male greeted me.

 

Something stirred within me, igniting an emotion I never knew existed in me. I glared back, the corners of my lips unconsciously tugging upwards into a smirk of my own.

 

Fine. You want to play?

 

Let’s play.



 

[Luhan]

 

I should probably make him my personal ice machine.

 

All those scalding cups of green tea require some ice to be cooled down and those icicles that he produces are just perfect.

 

Now, I just need to tame him.

 

Unfortunately, he’s no easy opponent.

 

I have been flicking away his sharp-as- ice shards away for who-knows-how long but he showed no sign of slowing down. With each wave of shards shot at me, I would step backwards. Occasionally, I would bump into another but they tend to ignore me for they were preoccupied with their own hostiles.

 

Keeping my eyes on him, I discreetly edged myself to a side, wanting to inch closer to him and get my hands on his throat or somewhere fatal. As much as I wanted to hurl him away, or fling objects at him, his neverending waves of lethal ice kept my hands too busy to be able to do so.

 

So when I found myself facing nothing, euphoria surged through me and I immediately threw my hand out at him, expecting him to fly backwards but a single bolt of lightning that struck down between us shocked me. In that instance of weakness, the male regained his sanity and instantly, an army of ice blades materialised in the air. Their tips pointed at me and I knew I was in trouble.

 

By then, I was exhausted. Deflecting tens of hundreds of icicles ain’t a walk in a park, not when they keep coming at you.

 

I didn’t have time to register anything, only mustering whatever energy I had left to stop the blades in their tracks. The male must not have thought of this, for his eyes widened and I knew he was baffled.

 

A corner of my lips threatened to rise but I kept it down, choosing to focus my attention on my next move instead as I sent the blades flying back at him. Yet, even though several of his creations sliced his exposed skin, I somehow managed to suffer from similar cuts as well.

 

For the male countered with his own will, sending some of the blades towards me at the last moment before they hit him.

 

I winced, further feeling the intensity of the pain of my wounds when a sudden bout of raindrops plopped onto my skin.

 

it! Where on earth is this rain coming from!?

 

My opponent must have felt the pain too, for he let out a guttural growl that warned me of his imminent rash attacks. Yet, another bolt of lightning separated us and from the corners of my eyes, a figure sauntered into view.

 

Wait. Make that two figures.

 

The air crackled with literal electricity just as the same ing annoying raindrops fell upon us, seeping into the wounds that have healed almost c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter