Chapter Twenty-Three

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sehun]

 

“Here I go~!”

 

The clearing, where the cottage used to stand, instantaneously felt cold and gusts of icy wind blew at us.

 

Xiumin-hyung.

 

My eyes darted to the remaining guards, their legs frozen to the floor. Thick ice wrapped around their legs and slowly spiraled up to their hips. Xiumin-hyung barely moved a finger; the eldest had complete control over his ability. The boy was manipulating ice with his mind.

 

A yelp from Tao-hyung attracted our attentions and we realised that one of them was a fire user. Emitting heat from his palms, the guard broke free from the ice and did the same for his fellow peers.

 

"Aww, would you look at that amateur?” The corners of Chanyeol-hyung’s mouth tugged upwards, and a sneer formed. “His heat is nothing compared to mine." An orb of fire jumped between his two hands and with a snap of his wrist, he threw the orb towards an unsuspecting guard. The vampire yelled and he jumped around, his lower body the colour of bright-red amber.

 

Our fire bender laughed, but the opposing vampires were not amused, especially the bastard. His eyes narrowed as he watched another guard douse the flames on the unsuspecting one. Unfortunately for them, the water just earned themselves a one-way trip to hell.

 

A huge bubble immediately formed around some guards, and at one glance I knew that the vampires were goners. The large bubble was impenetrable, as the other vampires that were not within tried to free their comrades by poking, kicking, and biting the wall. Suho-hyung shrunk the bubble, and the amount of oxygen within the watery death trap lessened drastically. Turning blue, the guards within gradually stopped struggling as they succumbed.

 

Some down, more to go.

 

The remaining guards pounced at us but they were held in the air; these useless guards can never touch a single hair on us.

 

“Aww, Luhan-hyung.” Baekhyun-hyung cooed. “What would we ever do without your telekinesis?”

 

Luhan-hyung rolled his eyes, but a small smile appeared as he swung his arm and the guards shot through the air like rockets.

 

“Behind you, Baek.” Kris-hyung muttered and whirling around, I couldn’t see the flier. Baekhyun-hyung wheeled around, his well-aimed kick finding its target on the stealthy vampire. “Thanks hyung. How’s the view up there?”

 

Kris-hyung had soared up to the sky and the bird-eye view from above gave us an advantage as Kris-hyung would mutter the directions where the guards would fly at us. And if need be, the tallest would shoot down from the sky to help us take out these pesky minions.

 

I was too focused on the fights that took place simultaneously around me and did not notice someone approaching me from behind.

 

"Gotcha."

 

Thick, strong, and muscular arms wrapped around me and I could feel the buff and hard chest of the vampire. I willed for wind but they never came.

 

"Tch, ability nullification..." I was annoyed, very annoyed.

 

"Man, it's kinda late to find out huh? The boss put me in-charge of you but it seems that you're not a match for me." Confidence oozed out from the man and my annoyance level shot off the charts. The is wrong with this vamp's self-esteem!? Power nullification isn't all that glam, just so you know. "I've got no chance to show off at all!"

 

Something snapped in me and a slow smirk crept onto my face.

 

"Oh really?"

 

Unknown strength surged through me and I could feel my blood pulse vigorously within me. The man’s ability rendered me useless, but this newfound burst of energy broke free of the figurative lock he had on my power and I knew my time to show-off had arrived.

 

The wind whipped wildly around us, as my eyes caught red appearing on his arms and body. I could feel his heartbeat accelerate as shock washed over him and soft winces of pain as my wind cut onto his body sharply, inflicting cuts on him.

 

“My turn.”

 

Feeling a slight slack in his grip on me, I accurately jabbed the vampire in his abdomen and he fell forward, clutching his stomach. He cursed aloud and his swear words were music to my ears.  

 

His body were covered with small cuts and his skin was stained red; I could barely see any of his skin left. He roared in pain as the wind I conjured continued to whip around us, affecting only him and not me, its master.

 

"Now, what were you saying about me not being a match for you?" My tone was sarcastic and dangerous, as I easily lifted him off the ground by grabbing his collar. His shirt was red and the smell of his blood disgusted me. The stench of evil.

 

A well-aimed knee kick found its target on the man’s stomach but when I was about to gift him with another, a wave of uneasiness washed over me.

 

What is this… The grunts and cheers that I heard before had ceased; the silence that enclosed us was too deafening to comprehend. Something’s not right.

 

I flung the unconscious ability-nullificator aside like the trash he is and instinctively, I spun toward Sera. The bastard had my sister’s hair in his hand and a manic smirk was on his face.

 

“Prince Sehun, did you think that I am not prepared for this situation?” Like his minion, his level of self-confidence irked me. “You think too little of me.”

 

And as if on cue, I found myself gasping for air. The oxygen in the air went thin and I held onto my throat, desperate for oxygen. We may not require air like humans do, but we’ve grown used to breathing and technically, air doesn’t harm us so why not breathe? Yet, this double-edged sword is biting us back; the air was laced with poison and though we are nobles, we’re not spared.

 

Y-Yixing-hyung! I glanced towards him and my heart sank when I saw him, like the others, writhing and gasping like a fish out of water.

 

The poison that I already had inhaled was beginning to take its effect and the lack of clean air interfered with my senses. Falling onto my knees, my hands clutched my throat and my eyes darted around wildly. My brothers were like me — hands at their throats and while some had kneeled, others had keeled over.

 

I could feel the energy levels of the other eleven boys dropping sharply and in that moment, I thought that we were goners. My sight blurred and gradually darkened, my limbs went numb and limp and I felt my face making contact with the cold, tiled floor.

 

“Ne… rv… e… A… ge… nt…” Yixing-hyung could barely make out as he slurred.

 

Nerve Agent?

Nerve Agent…?

Nerve Agent…..

 

Stop. Stop breathing.

 

Stop breathing, Oh Sehun.

 

With my mouth still open, I stopped myself from gasping for air and true eno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter