Chapter Thirty-Seven

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sera]

 

My eyes flew open, catching the three beagles in my peripheral vision.

 

“There’s no escape, boys.”

 

I watched them gulp, expressions pained as they tried to move themselves. It’s too late, I have them under my control. As to why I didn’t think of this until now, I honestly have no idea.

 

Sighs, I could have saved Yixing-oppa all those pain and hurt… Geez, girl!

 

Baekhyun-oppa and Chanyeol-oppa blurred in my eyes, but I still had them within my sight. Focusing on the second oldest/youngest, I picked myself up from the ground and strolled over to him.

 

“You first, Jongdae-oppa.”

 

His eyes widened, his gaze that of a plea but I heartlessly ignored him.

 

“Break.”

 

Like hitting an egg with a spoon, small cracks appeared on the barrier covering the colourful core and the cracks soon spread throughout the translucent shield. The courtyard was silent, and each time the cracks travelled, we could hear them as clear as day.

 

The corner of my lips tugged upwards when the barrier shattered and just when I was about to slam the side of my foot against his core, Xiumin-oppa’s voice rang out.

 

“Sera, don’t.” My foot froze in mid-air, stopping only a few inches away from the sparkling orb of energy. “It’ll take ages for his core to regenerate, so spare their cores.”

 

“Alright, alright.” Mumbling, I put down my foot. The atmosphere visibly lightened up with my action but my foot still found his leg.

 

His other leg.

 

Releasing my hold on him, the boy stumbled backwards. His hands hastily removing his shoe, his right shin cradled in his embrace. “Sera! How could you!”

 

“Well, Xiumin-oppa only told me to spare your core. He didn’t specifically mention the other leg.”

 

He blew a raspberry and the rest of the boys (except the other two beagles, and probably Yixing-oppa) chortled.

 

“Next.”

 

I sauntered over to the youngest, a knowing smile on my face as his frightened orbs caught my attention.

 

Repeating the action of what I did to Jongdae-oppa, Chanyeol-oppa’s barrier shattered. I released a well-aimed flick of my finger onto his other hand and subsequently released my hold over him.

 

He immediately rubbed his reddening hand, mouth pulled into a large pout. He scampered over to Kris-hyung, demanding his affection as he extended his now swollen hand to the tallest. Next to him, Zitao-oppa seemed to be offended, his brows furrowed.

 

From the corners of my eyes, I spied Suho-oppa supporting a staggering Yixing-oppa and the scene almost distracted my mind for Baekhyun-oppa was almost released from my power.

 

“Now, you.”

 

The scene repeated itself for the third time, but as his core was located at his eyes, I couldn’t possibly stab both of his orbs. I might want to hurt him, but I never wanted him seriously injured; or in this case, blinded.

 

I smacked the back of his head instead, and simultaneously set him free. He stumbled forward, head diving towards the grass.

 

“Oof!” He face-planted on the green, a deep scowl on his grassy face. “Oh Sera!”

 

I giggled, a triumphant look on my face.

 

“Bravo! Bravo!” Kai-oppa clapped his hands as he walked over to sling an arm over my shoulder. “You did great, but you could have done something more badass. You should have kicked their asses or even better, destroyed their cores and let them endure the torturous period of regeneration! You’re letting them off too easily.”

 

“KAI!”

“KAI!”

“KAI!”

 

“Uh-oh! Gotta go. See ya later for dinner.” With that, Kai-oppa vanished from our sight.

 

The training was finally over, and the rest of the boys individually left the scene. My brother was the last to leave, a fond smile on his face. I nodded at him, and he returned the favour with a curt nod before dashing back to the mansion.

 

I, too, was about to head back to the household when Zitao-oppa suddenly appeared next to me, effectively sending me into slight shock.

 

“Mei-mei! Our training tomorrow will begin at ten! Don’t be late, yes?”

 

Holy , tomorrow? Don’t I get a rest? It’s Sunday for goodness sake.

 

I nodded reluctantly and proceeded back to the mansion.


 

The moment I stepped into my room, my phone scared the bejebus out of me; its loud ring echoing in the large bedroom.

 

Jieun.

 

“Sera! I know that it’s very random, but could you come over to my place for dinner tomorrow?”

 

“Sure, I suppose.”

 

“That’s great! See you tomorrow!”

 

“Yep, see you tomorr–”

 

Before I could even finish my sentence, she hung up and the beeping tone greeted my ears.

 

Sheesh, why do I have such an impatient best friend? And dinner? Sounds great, hah.



 

[Zitao]

 

“Huang Zitao! Get up! Aren’t you suppose to train Sera today? Why are you still sleeping?”

 

The calm and yet stern voice of my favourite hyung woke me up from my deep slumber. Reaching out to grab hold of the clock at my bedside table, my arms immediately gave way as soon as I saw the time.

 

“Ya! Why aren’t you getting up?”

 

“Hyuuuuunnnnggggg…. it’s only nine... training... at ten.”

 

I barely finished my whine, my head didn't even find its way back onto the pillow, yet I felt extremely light, as though I was floating.

 

Hmm? Floating? F-Floating? Holy!

 

My eyes immediately shot open and I saw my comfortable bed two to three metres beneath me. My eyes flitted to the door where I noticed Luhan-hyung leaning against the doorway, his face unimpressed by my laziness.

 

“Gege! I’m sorry! I am wide awake now. See.” I opened my eyes as big as I could but still, Luhan-hyung did not let me down.

 

“Zitao ah Zitao, you sleep so much and yet the dark circles under your eyes are still so prominent. What have you been doing in your sleep, my young dongsaeng?” Luhan-hyung snickered, clearly not intending to release me. I looked at an amused Kris-hyung who was standing by my bed with his brows raised.

 

“Kris-gege, tell Luhan-gege to put me down, pwweeeeeeease! Buing buing~” Kris-hyung's brows twitch and he waved his hand at Luhan-hyung with a sigh.

 

The elder of the two unceremoniously dropped me, my back landing on my bed.

 

"Oof! Luhan-gege! Couldn't you lower me dow–"

 

"Nope, I can't." Luhan-hyung sniggered, his back view disappearing from my sight as he strolled out of my room. "Only your Kris-gege would be nice to you."

 

I pouted, but threw myself at my favourite hyung, my arms wrapping around his torso.

 

"Thanks gege, you're the best after all."

 

And I skipped to the bathroom, not bothering to see his reaction to my unusual display of affection.


 

I skipped into the dining room (read: hall) but soon realised that my trainee wasn't here.

 

"Sheesh, where could she be..."

 

Knocking on her door, I waited for a few moments before sighing, knowing fully that she was still asleep. Without thinking straight (my mind is never awake in the morning), I barged into her room and scowled to find her, indeed sound asleep.

 

I jumped onto her bed which made her jolt awake from her sleep but the funny thing was that she was in a fighting stance; her arms were placed protectively in front of her. I could not take the sight and started laughing while my hands  on her bed.

 

“Hahaha meimei! W-W-What are you doing?”

 

As her eyes slowly registered my face, I felt the air turn icy cold. Her eyes bore into mine and I swear a dark cloud formed above her head.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter