Chapter Three

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jieun]

With narrowed eyes, I watched the three s scamper off with their tails between their legs and felt triumphant.

 

Bunch of morons.

 

Turning back to the two boys that came to our rescue, I put on my best grateful smile.

 

"Thank you, sunbae-nims."

 

I bowed my head in thanks and when I noticed from the corners of my eyes that Sera hadn't followed my lead, I forcefully pushed her head forward with my hand.

 

A “Tch.” came out from and I gulped, praying that the two boys hadn’t heard that. We would be in so much trouble if they did! Please, please don’t hear it.

 

Thankfully they didn’t, for they returned our bows with heart racing smiles and several girls that had gathered around for the spectacle swooned, their hands brought up to their chests.

 

I, too, could feel heat rising to my face as I pointedly avoided looking at them. I could get a heart attack, damn it.

 

I sneaked a peek at Sera and my jaw slacked.

 

Her expression was grim and a slight frown had made its way onto her face. No tinge of colour flooded her cheeks and she seemed so still, I could have thought that she had fallen asleep with her eyes open.

 

The dazzling smiles from the boys hadn’t affected her in any way.

 

She is one weird girl.

 

I continued to gaze at her and as if time had stopped, so had she. Male students gradually dispersed while some females lingered, hoping to have the two boys throw glances at them.

 

Bimbos, pft.

 

The school bell soon rang, signalling the official start of the first day of school.

 

Sera still hasn’t moved. And neither did the boys, though the taller one had his eyes fixated on my friend while the other’s orbs kept darting between his friend and mine.

 

I, too, was curious.

 

Why is he looking at Sera like that? Does he know her…? And why isn’t Sera affected by his intense gaze? Normal girls would have died of severe nose bleed if they were stared at by such a gorgeous boy.

 

Heck, if I had a weaker heart I would have died just now by their blinding smiles.

 

Do Sera, what are you?

 

I snapped out of my deducing and realised that we ought to get to homeroom.

 

"Now if there's nothing else, we shall be on our way."

 

I nodded my head once again, pulled a still-stoning Sera by her hand, and we hurtled past them.


 

[Sera]

As soon as I felt her hand slip through mine, I broke out of my daydream.

 

It started at the very moment when the two boys smiled. A strange feeling washed over me; it’s queer and indescribable so I was shocked when I could feel my heart palpitating and reacting to them.

 

The rapid heartbeats didn’t slow down, and it didn’t help that the taller one kept gazing at me. As if he knows me. His eyes, hard and piercing,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter