Chapter Four

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jieun]

 

"Take it slow, alright Sera?"

 

I hooked her arm through mine and we walked out of the classroom after the bell rang, signalling the period of lunch.

 

She nodded, her eyes devoid of any emotion. Her face was blank and drained of colour. Do Sera had turned into a living zombie.

 

"Did you copy down the notes that Professor Yoon had written on the blackboard?" I initiated small talk, after realising that our walk to the canteen was nothing short of awkward.

 

She nodded, but her eyes were still downcast.

 

"Mm," I pulled her along as we rounded the corner into the hallway of the juniors' classrooms. "Then did you understand what he taught?"

 

Before she could nod, my head smacked into something hard.

 

"Hey! What the hell!?"

 

Rubbing my head, I looked up and gasped.

 

Manghetda. It's the boy that saved us this morning.

 

Narrowed eyes glared at me and I bit my lower lip in embarrassment.

 

"Where were your eyes looking when you're walking, huh!?" He scowled down at me and I felt Sera stiffen.

 

Oh dear.

 

She pulled me and started to walk away from him. It was then when I noticed a large group of boys standing behind him. The four boys that we obstructed in front of the door, as well as the abnormally tall boy from this morning were amongst them.

 

"Yah! I'm not done talking!" I felt myself being pulled back and realised that the boy that I accidentally bumped into was doing that. "Don't you dare leave without an apology!"

 

I felt her move.

 

"W-Wha?!"

 

Sera stepped between us, and a mocking smirk hung on her still-pale face. Her eyes darted up to his head and they slowly trailed down his body.

 

"Tch."

 

The boy must have been shocked for his grip on my arm slackened and Sera took this time to wrestle my arm out. She dragged me away, and even though I could feel numerous eyes on my back, a warm feeling spread through me.

 

Staring at her back as she led me away, I thought, is this what you’re really like?

 

Do Sera.

 

An invisible wall surrounds this girl.

 

From the moment I laid eyes on her as I sat down beside her, she intrigued me. You could say it’s my nature — I love exploring; discovering hidden gems beneath the dirt. And she is one of the gems that I know exists under the coldness and aloofness she wraps herself in.

 

I want to wash away the dirt, I want to peel the cloth she wears on her. I want her to open up to me.

 

I want her to know that I really wish to be her friend.


 

[Sera]

 

"T-Thanks," I heard her whisper, as I was about to spoon another mouthful of rice with kimchi into my mouth. "For just now."

 

"You're welcome." I breathed, and I swallowed the mouthful. "You did save me this morning from that ."

 

She laughed, and I shivered. Good shivers.

 

"Are you alright, Sera?" I felt a hand on my arm and her face appeared in my line of vision. Concern defined her features. "Does your chest still hurt...?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter