Chapter Twenty-Six

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Kai]

 

"You totally forgot about school, didn't you?"

 

Sehun stood in my doorway, arms folded and an annoyed look was plastered onto his face.

 

Donning my school jacket, I stuck out my tongue at him. "At least you came to wake me up~ Sehun-hyung...! Saranghae!" I blew him a flying kiss which he shot down with an imaginary gun and I frowned.

 

"How cruel of you..."

 

He mock-glared at me and I shrugged it off.

 

Swinging my bag onto my shoulders, I trailed after him and was about to descend the stairs when a bloodcurdling scream rang out throughout the mansion.

 

“Kai.”

 

Even without him asking, I knew what to do. I instantly teleported to the location and yet another scream pierced my eardrums for its source was right in front of me.

 

“Sera! What’s wrong!?”

 

The girl’s face was buried in one hand while the other was pointing to the mirror in the bathroom. I dropped my bag onto the floor and stepped towards her. “Something about the mirror? Ghosts?”

 

I inspected the mirror, looking here and there, and of course making sure that my hair and appearance was alright. Kai Kim can’t go out looking like he just woke up, can’t he?

 

“It’s not the mirror…”

 

My head snapped to her and my jaw dropped.

 

She had changed. Literally changed overnight.

 

Under the light of the bathroom, her chocolate-brown hair glistened and I swear they grew at least five inches; they were definitely shorter last night. My eyes trailed down to her face and I felt my cheeks growing warm. I had to admit, when I first saw her in school back when she was still Do Sera, I quite liked her because of her fresh appearance (not those scowls that were plastered onto her face all the time). But now, her features were beautified and much more distinct than before. Her orbs were larger and the colour of her irises… Oh dear, that’s going to be a problem. But heck, we all had that when we first attended school. Her nose bridge grew higher, her cheekbones were sharper, and her lips…

 

I gulped, and hoped that wherever Yixing-hyung is, he can’t sense my accelerating heart.  

 

She had grown paler, and it is definitely not the work of illnesses; it’s a vampire thing.

 

“I look like I’ve gone for a ing makeover! Everyone is going to think I’ve gone for plastic surgery!” She buried her face in her hands once more and I gazed at her sympathetically.

 

In the midst of all this, my ears picked up on the footsteps of eleven others making their way towards her room. And within seconds, someone knocked sharply on the bathroom door.

 

“Sera! Are you alright?” Yixing-hyung called out. “Kai, what’s wrong with her!”

 

“She’s fine! It’s just…” My eyes lit up as a mischievous thought shot through my mind. “Sera?”

 

She removed her hands and her gorgeous face looked up at me.

 

“Ditch Yixing-hyung and go out with me.”

 

Her eyes widened and she smacked my arm. Hard.

 

“Ouch! !” Rubbing my reddening arm, I pursed my lips. “I’ve forgotten that you’re one of us now.”

 

“Kai Kim Jongin…” An ominous voice growled from outside of the bathroom and I knew my joke had worked. “What did you say to her…”

 

I stuck out my tongue and unlocked the bathroom door. The group of boys fell through the doorway, with Yixing-hyung and Luhan-hyung at the bottom of the pile. Sehun was on top, and the moment his eyes rested on his sister, his jaw slacked but he regained his composure and a fond smile appeared.

 

“You’re beautiful, my dear sister.” He rested his elbows on Tao-hyung, who was below him. The older boy yelped but he couldn’t do anything as the youngest was literally lying on his back, thereby preventing any of his hyungs from getting up. “We do have good genes.”

 

“How is being beautiful useful when I can’t even get to school with these!” She pointed to her eyes and the problem that I’ve mentioned before surfaced.

 

The colour of her irises had turned golden.

 

“How the hell am I supposed to explain this to the teachers, to Jieun, or to anyone!?” She hissed, and her hand clamped onto the edge of the sink. The marble cracked under her newfound super strength and her brother’s eyes narrowed at the damage.

 

“Sera… You’re denting the sink.”

 

As if the sink had caught fire, she hastily removed her hand and groaned when she saw the large crack that had split down the marbled basin.

 

“Great. Can the day get any worse?”

 

[Sera]

 

Yes.

 

My day can get worse.

 

Seated (read: sandwiched) between Sehun-oppa and Yixing-oppa, I wrung my hands out of anxiety.

 

The boys solved the problem of my golden irises with the simplest solution: coloured contact lenses.

 

I hated the feeling when Yixing-oppa gently placed them onto my eyeballs, it felt like something was obscuring my vision though I knew perfectly well that I’d be able to see even if I had those lenses on. It was very uncomfortable, that’s all.

 

“You’ll get used to it. And the colour might not fade for awhile so you have try, alright Sera?” Luhan-oppa peered at me, his chestnut-brown eyes staring into mine. Even though I knew that my heart belongs to Yixing-oppa, I couldn’t help but blush when his eyes continued to pierce through my own.

 

Vampire boys are so hot.

 

A pair of hands reached over to me and separated my moving hands. “Sehun, hold one.”

 

At the order of his hyung, my brother slipped his hand into mine and he intertwined our fingers. Likewise, Yixing-oppa did the same for my other hand.

 

Sehun-oppa patted my hand gently and rhythmically with his other hand and it would occasionally pause before resuming. On the other hand (literally; bad pun, I’m sorry), Yixing-oppa grazed my thumb with his own and the roughness of it somehow soothed my nervousness. Both boys had different ways of calming me down, and I’m glad that I have them by my side.

 

For this was the calm before the storm.


 

Kris-oppa’s car to a familiar street and entered the grounds of the school. Even though there was no one at the drop-off point (yet), I could already hear screams and shouts of their fangirls.

 

Oh no. Fangirls. I’ve forgotten how popular my brothers are. I’m going to be slaughtered, skinned alive, chopped up into pieces and fed to the dogs.

 

My expression must have betrayed the fear that gnawed at me on the inside for his face came into view. “Sera?”

 

I lifted my head and a soft gasp escaped my lips for his face was just right in front of mine. Our noses touched and I ing swear our lips grazed each other.

 

Holy , did we just k-kiss!?

 

I think my imagination got the better of me because Yixing-oppa burst into a dazzling smile and he pulled away without even showing an ounce of shyness of our lips touching.

 

“Don’t worry, we’re here for you.”

 

At the mention of ‘we’, Tao-oppa looked back at us from the passenger seat and Kris-oppa winked at me through the rearview mirror.

 

“We’ve got your back, sister.”

 

They may say that but I still can’t stop feeling apprehensive. It’s like a child’s very first day of school.

 

 

The car came to a stop and almost instantly, droves of girls rushed towards the vehicles that have arrived in school. I knew for certain that Chanyeol-oppa and Luhan-oppa’s cars were behind us.

 

Sneaking peeks from under my hair that covered my face, numerous girls had plas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter