Chapter Nine

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sera]

 

"And why do we have to dress up?" I raised my brow, clearly showing displeasure in my eyes.

 

"Sera, we have to be presentable."

 

"What for? It's just dinner."

 

"Correction. Dinner with the most gorgeous boys in school."

 

Did Jieun just roll her eyes at me?

 

I scoffed, and crossed my arms.

 

"Besides, you were the one that agreed back then." She held up two dresses in front of her and I suppose I'm going to have to choose one. "So don't you dare back out now."

 

My lips formed a thin line and I closed my eyes. Sighs. I must have been crazy.

 

Totally out of my mind to have said "Yes.".

 

"Sera ah!" My eyes flew open and I groaned mentally. "Pick one."

 

A baby pink chiffon dress and a simple black spaghetti-strapped dress.

 

I'd rather die than choose pink.

 

I grabbed the black outfit.

 

But then again, I'd rather die than be caught in a dress.

 

Stepping into the washroom that all dorm rooms have, I closed the door and stared at the large mirror above the wash basin. The countertop was bare, save for a few necessary facial items that the head of the orphanage I stayed in insists I take along. "Bring a boy back with those items yeah, Sera!"

 

I slipped on the black number and when I managed to completely zip up the long zip at the back on my own, I did a small victory dance. I froze when my consciousness caught up with my actions.

 

Do Sera, you're changing.

 

But is changing... good?

 

Refusing to look at the mirror, I opened the door and stepped out.

 

"Wow."

 

A voice that did not belong to Jieun made me look up and my shoulders slacked, my jaw dropped.

 

"What are you two doing in here!?" I hissed, throwing my worn clothes onto my bed and shot them menacing glares. "Who the allowed you in my room!"

 

"–era, are you don–"

 

The door of my dorm opened and Jieun stepped through. The baby pink chiffon dress greeted me and I was so glad I hadn't picked that one — it looked so fitting on her.

 

"YOU. LOOK. SO. PRETTY!!!"

 

I winced at the sudden shriek as my friend rushed forward and unceremoniously twirled me around. "I knew the dress would be short, shorter than the pink one, but I never knew it would be this short!"

 

Now that she mentioned it, I do feel airy down there, my bare legs for all to see.

 

"Thank god for these waves of silk or satin that cover a little of your legs." Jieun pouted as her eyes trailed down my gams. "Dammit, your legs are so long! Seraaaaaaaa, I'm so jealous."

 

Soft chatter travelled through the ajar door that Jieun forgot to close behind her and I spied several eyes peeping through the crack. Loud shrieks followed and I knew chaos was about to ensue.

 

"Oops, guess we had better go." The shorter one piped up, smacking the other boy at the back of his head when he realized that his friend had dozed off. "The swarm of girls that might gather after the news spread is going to be a tad problematic for us to get out."

 

Hearing how the chatter is getting louder by the second, I mentally groaned.

 

What did you get yourself into, Sera ah.


 

The boys devised a simple plan that they praised to no end, citing that it was foolproof since it had been tested many times before. So I'm guessing they've visited other girls' dorm rooms as well eh.

They left the room first and the swarm of girls followed them like lovesick puppies, leaving the hallway empty for us girls to slip out unharmed. We rendezvous at the carpark lift lobby, with Jieun and I reaching first and holding onto the lift door while the boys sprinted in. I would have assumed that they ran a fair bit of distance but their appearance remained the same; hair styles still in place and no perspiration ruined their overall look. They weren't painting or wheezing either. Strange.

 

Sliding myself into the backseat of a black BMW 4 Series Gran Coupé, the taller boy started the engine and drove off despite knowing that several fangirls had plastered themselves onto the vehicle.

 

I heard the locks on the doors click shut and the vehicle sped off, leaving the girls behind. I turned around and couldn't help but shot them a knowing smirk. The boy drove off too quickly for me to see their reactions. They must be stamping their feet and raging. Hah.

 

After what it seemed like hours, the vehicle came to a stop.

 

"We're here." The shorter boy turned back with a smile, his eyes formed crescents. The eyeliner that coated the lids of his orbs were thick, but they complimented his facial fea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter