Epilogue

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sera]

 

“Omma?”

 

“Yes, Sera sweetheart?”

 

“How was your wedding with appa?”


 

“Oh my god, you have got to calm down.”

 

A hand appeared in my narrow field of vision, and just when my mind began to whir, began to question the purpose of its appearance, it ruthlessly snatched the bag of gummy bears out of my hands. I blinked. And all hell broke loose I shrieked, hands scrambling after the sweet but it had vanished.

 

“Calm down!” The voice beckoned me, but the loss of my sweet (oh, my stress reliever I mourn youuuuu) proved to be too much for when I had finally calmed the down, I found myself lying on top of someone. A very unamused someone.

 

“O-Oh hey,” An apologetic smile began to spread across my face as my hands placed themselves firmly on the carpeted floor and I pushed myself off the person. An unamused, and seemingly angry expression was still etched on the person’s face. I gulped, fear of dying washing over me. “Jieun.”

 

Her eyes darkened, the frown on her face deepening. I gulped again. “Glad to know that my best friend still recognises me. I’d thought I’d die by being overly scratched and scrabbled by nails of a vampire.” She lifted the bag and as though I was enchanted, my eyes snapped to it in an instance and my breathing hastened. “Give me–”

 

Jieun carelessly threw the bag over her shoulder, her abnormal strength of a vampire causing the sweet to be flung against the wall situated at the far end of the waiting room. I barely managed to bite back a snarl, disguising it as a whine but Jieun’s rising brows definitely indicated her suspicion. “No. No more sugars for you.”

 

“But…” It was a genuine whine this time. “Jieun… Jieun-unnie…”

 

“Oi, I’m younger than you.” She inflicted a light knock onto my head and my hands immediately reached to my hair, fingers probing the hairstyle that the stylists took two hours to get done. I had barely lived through the time. “And don’t worry, your hair is still pretty.”

 

“It better be,” I pursed my lips, eyes sweeping upwards to Jieun’s styled hair. “Otherwise, I’m going to rip your hair out and stick it onto my scalp instead. You can go out there bald.”

 

Jieun stared at me for a split second, eyes widening that millimetre before she burst out into loud laughter. “I-I swear! Y-You–” She wheezed, small coughs rising up as she tried (probably) to stop laughing at god-knows-what. Her glistening eyes finally met with my unamused ones but at the glee reflected within, I couldn’t help but soften and my indexes wiped the tears from her eyes. “Stop laughing already. Your eye make-up is going to smudge.”

 

“I-It’s waterp-proof.” Jieun panted, the smile that stretched across her face so brilliant. She was truly beautiful, even as a human, and the change to a vampire only heightened the beauty index of her features. Jongdae-oppa’s so fortunate to have her as his fiance. (The boy had made a huge hoo-hah in his proposal to her which required us to– ah, let’s talk about this story another time. It’ll take far too long to explain here.)

 

“But it’s already smudg–” My fingers attempted to reach towards her eyes, to wipe at the smudged areas of make-up but her hands intercepted mine halfway through the journey, and she brought our joined hands down to her lap. I felt her thumbs brush against the back of my hands. It was comfortable and soothing. Just like her assurance.

 

“You’ll be okay.”

 

And I believed her.




 

“Well… It was supposed to be grand, and huge, and everything that a wedding fit for a Royal should be but I wanted something different.”

 

“Omma didn’t want the best wedding ever!?”

 

“A wedding will always be the best, sweetheart, even if it’s simple, down to earth, and you’ve only invited your family and best friends to attend.”

 

“B-But… What about being grand? What about the millions of people you were supposed to invite? Aren’t we Royals, omma? So why didn’t you want–”

 

“Because, Sera, it is just a wedding.”


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter