Chapter Six

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sera]

 

"I'll wait for you outside alright, Sera?" Jieun patted my shoulder after she had changed into her shirt and shorts.

 

I stared at the unmoving line that queued for the cubicles. Jieun had daringly changed with all the girls looking at her when she gave up queuing. I could never do that.

 

She left the overcrowded washroom and I was left to my own devices. The line barely moved. Damn this module.

 

Physical education. One of the many unnecessary non-academic modules in this elite school. I have to admit, I'm good in this module. But as the years in schools pass, I choose to not excel at it.

 

Why invite more trouble by showing off?

 

I clucked my tongue in disapproval when Jieun showed me the timetable and I spied P.E listed as one of the compulsory modules for all students.

 

And since it was the first P.E class for the year, inter-class matches were being held in the school's expansive indoor sportshall.

 

Having finally changed into the attire, I placed my uniform into my locker and slammed the door shut. Jieun flinched at the sound as she leaned against the adjacent locker. "You really dislike P.E, don't you Sera?"

 

"Disliking it is an understatement."

 

Walking through the long hallway that leads to the sportshall, I saw a large crowd at the entrance of the hall. Nearing them, I noticed that the crowd were girls.

 

Fangirling girls.

 

"Kris is so hot. He's totally standing out in the crowd."

 

"Hey! My Luhan's not losing out to your Kris."

 

"Girls, shut up! My Lay's the best! Look, it's a picture perfect scene with him just leaning against the wall! So cool and mysterious."

 

I rolled my eyes at their incessant gushing and a sympathetic pat on my shoulder confirmed my thoughts of Jieun feeling the same.

 

We stepped into the crowd, and began our perilous journey of weaving through the girls. All of a sudden, the crowd started to surge forward and I found myself separated from Jieun.

 

I may have a height that is taller than the average girls, but being sandwiched in the jostling crowd of girls trying to catch a peek of their boys was nonetheless suffocating and I started to get breathless.

 

I need to get out. Now.

 

Spying Jieun at the far end, where she has managed to escape the clutches of the crowd, I decidedly pushed my way and finally found an opening. I approached the gap and found myself tripping over someone’s foot. Falling flat on the wooden boards of the sportshall with my palms outstretched, mocking giggles and laughter echoed around me.

 

“Geez, how clumsy can you be?”

 

Ugh.

 

I turned myself around and sat down, careful to not let my burning palms touch anything. Annoyance bubbled within me when I saw whose foot it belonged to.

 

.

 

"Doesn't she know when to stop." I muttered under my breath as her pair of white Superga neared me.

 

"I am so sorr–"

 

"Are you alright?"

 

A melodic voice came from above me and I looked up to see a boy with acorn-coloured hair standing right in front of me.

 

“Are you okay?” Compassion filled his orbs and he pursed his lips. “Sera? Your name is Sera, right?” He extended a hand towards me.

 

“U-Uh yes.”

 

I stared at his hand. Should I...? Then my eyes caught the 's frown at the boy's act of kindness.

 

Better not.

 

I stood up on my own and the boy retracted his hand with an amused smile.

 

“Jongdae-oppa, what are you doing here?”

 

She spoke softly and gently but her 'sweet' voice irritates me.

 

And apparently, it's an irritance to the boy as well.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter