Chapter Twenty-One

V for Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sera]

 

“Oppa! It’s so warm out here, can I have some wind?” Kicking my sandals off my feet, I flopped myself beside him on the grass, propped my head up with my hands and pouted.

 

Oh my god, did I just do that?

 

“Oh Sera, you are being whiny again. You’re the one that wanted to come outside and play but now you’re complaining that it’s warm.”

 

Oh Sera…?

 

“Oppa, pweaseeeeee…..” My puppy eyes appeared and judging by how his face softened and a smile tugged on the corners of his lips, I knew my aegyo was working. I’m so thankful I inherited mother’s aegyo, hee.

 

When did I learn to do that?!

 

“Sera… You know I can’t resist that…” With a casual wave of his hand, a slight breeze stirred and the strands of hair in front of my face whipped back.

 

Closing my eyes, I enjoyed the coolness on my face. It was so relaxing and comfortable.

 

But just when I was about to fully enjoy the breeze, it whipped harder.

 

“Oppa? Oppa? Stop it, it’s hurting my face.” The wind got stronger, making me unable to open my eyes and I could feel myself being forced to stand up.

 

“Oppa? Oppa? Sehun-oppa? OPPA!!”

 

And as quickly the strong wind came, it vanished and the slight breeze returned. With my eyes still closed, I decided to lay back down on the grass but what my hands touched felt different.

 

Wait. What… Is this…?

 

I sniffed and my gag reflex kicked in. The air was a mixture of nature, perspiration and blood....

 

My eyes flew open as I inhaled yet another gulp of air and the ever familiar yet putrid stench of rotten metal filled my lungs. Before I could react to my churning stomach, my ears perked up.

 

I could hear noises — shouts, screams and pleas.

 

“Ahjussi!” I found my hands reaching out to a man crouching down in front of me. He looked exhausted and his features were bloodied. “Ahjusshi, please! Don’t…!”

 

I am pretty sure I did not say that. Do I have no control over what I am doing right now?

 

“Stay safe, Sera. Stay here.” He pushed me further into a space and I realised that I was being hidden in a tree’s hollow, obscured by drooping branches and leaves. “But if I scream for you to run, just run and don’t look back. Alright, sweetie?” Perspiration dotted his forehead and I wanted to wipe it away for him.

 

A smile from him and he let a branch flop back into position. That was the last I saw of him.

 

A loud shout and several other shouts followed.

 

The leaves were too dense, and the night was too dark for me to make out anything. In the hollow, I was basically a sitting duck for whoever wanted me.

 

“Sera!” My head shot up at the call of my name by that familiar voice. “Run. RUN!”

 

And without second thoughts, much less a look back, I dashed out of the hollow, gaining scratches on my face by the branches and leaves.

 

I ran.

 

And I didn’t even know why I did.

 

Rustling of trees, snapping of tree branches, the sound of dried leaves being walked on.

 

I ran as fast as my legs could but the constant scuffle of the group of people that followed behind me was frightening. I wish I didn't have to breathe, for when I inhaled all I could smell were the numerous identities of blood in that crowd and I never want to know why they have so many different blood traces on them.

 

I kept running, and from the way my hairs stood on end and the constant chill running down my spine, I knew if I stopped I'd die.

 

Trying to find a place to hide, a place that screams for safety, a place…… There…

 

I saw lights… lights… lights…

 

I am safe… NOT!

 

The light came nearer, nearer and nearer.

 

NOOOOOOO!


 

“NOOOOOOO!”

 

And for the umpteenth time, my eyes flew open, instantly darting around.

 

W-Where am I? Where's the dark forest!?

 

"-era! Sera!" A pair of hands held onto my shoulder and a familiar face drifted into my blurry field of vision. "Wake up! You're safe, you're safe.."

 

It was only when I felt wetness on the front of my shirt did I realise that I was tearing. My chest felt tight and my breathing was rapid.

 

"Breathe. Follow me," His face sharpened into view and his chocolate eyes held tightly onto mine, concern and another emotion (a-affection?) overwhelmed them. "In, out. In, out. There you go, continue."

 

I breathed accord

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter