Chapter 9

Mystery Song

The laughter soon died down when Krystal begins to stare at Amber’s face showing no expression on her face.

“Is there something on my face?” Amber asked and places her hand on her face.

Krystal just shakes her head and continues staring at Amber’s face. Krystal slightly tilted her head and places her index finger on her chin like she was thinking of something.

“Krystal, you’re scaring me right now.” Amber said and moves back a bit.

“You really look like a llama.” Then Krystal suddenly burst out laughing.

“You are really unpredictable and weird.” Amber mumbled. “Yeah yeah. I already knew that.” Amber smiled at Krystal.

“Amber, how come that we never been this close before?”

“I guess, we have different circle of friends. I mean, you’re that person that likes to hang out with Jiyoung and Suzy and talk about girly stuffs, while me I like to hang out with some sporty and outgoing friends, you know like Yuri and the rest.” Amber starts to feel cold so she scooted a little towards Krystal.

“Sometimes, I envy you.” Krystal said and pouted.

“Why?” Amber chuckled.

“Because you have many friends... and because they always call me ice princess.”

“It is because other people didn’t know the real you, that inside that cold aura of yours is a warm Krystal.” Amber takes Krystal’s hand and gently squeezes it.

Krystal turns her head to Amber and the latter smiled. Krystal somewhat felt secure when Amber holds her cold hands. Krystal holds it tightly not wanting to let go of Amber’s warm hands. “Thanks, Amber.”

“Why don’t you table with us during the breaks? I’m sure the gang will be happy.” Amber said.

“You think so?” Krystal asked with hesitation.

“Yes of course! Especially Minho he will really be happy if you will join us. He really likes you a lot you know.” Amber chuckled upon saying the last sentence.

Krystal just smiled and look at their hands; she occasionally caresses Amber’s hand with her thumb. After that there was silence between them. Amber notices that Krystal was having a deep thought.

“What are you thinking, Krys?”

“Have you been in love, Amber?” Krystal gently leans to Amber’s shoulder

Amber’s body became stiff at the sudden action made by Krystal; she was surprise at the sudden intimacy. Krystal felt it to, she began to caress Amber’s hand again and Amber’s body slowly become relaxed.

“Me? I haven’t been in love.” Amber shakes her head. “What about you, Krys?” She returned the question.

Krystal smiled. “I guess so... I have this special someone.” She bit her lip to restrain herself from smiling more.

“Really?!” Amber was surprised making Krystal remove her head from Amber’s shoulder. “Who is it? Tell me!”

“I don’t even know who that person is, because that person is always escaping.” Krystal again leans her head on Amber’s shoulder. “But I’m going to find out that soon.”

“You’re really weird.” Amber mumbled but it was loud enough for Krystal to hear.

“YAH!” Krystal hit Amber’s arm “I heard that.”

“Ouch Krys... okay I’m sorry.” Amber patted her head and the latter stuck her tongue out.

They stayed like that for a while; Krystal was leaning on Amber’s shoulder and Amber starts to lean her head on top of Krystal’s. Their hands are still together, not wanting each other to let go. Suddenly...

“AHHHHH!”  A loud thunder was heard making Krystal scream and hugs Amber.

“It’s okay Krystal... I’m here.” Amber tries to calm down Krystal by hugging her too and gently caress her back.

When Krystal was feeling okay, she releases herself to Amber. “I’m sorry... I’m afraid of loud thunders.”

“It’s okay Krystal, everyone has their own fears... and besides I’m here.” Amber scratches her head. “I- I’ll never le-leave you.” Amber begins to stutter. She was shy upon saying those words to Krystal.

Krystal finds a stuttering Amber is cute and she just smiled. “I’m tired Am, can I borrow your shoulder?” Krystal let out a yawn and stretches her arms.

When Krystal will about to lean on Amber’s shoulder, Amber stopped her making the other one confused. “Wait!” Amber commanded. Amber reaches her sports bag and pulls out a big towel and places it on the floor.

 “Here, lie down.” Krystal raises her eyebrows. “I don’t want your neck hurting when you wake up.” Amber said with a blush on her face. Good thing the library was a bit dark so Krystal didn’t notice it.

Krystal was touched by the thing that Amber did. “Thanks, Amber.” Amber places her sports bag onto the other end of the towel making it a pillow for Krystal. But Krystal removes it and leans her head onto Amber’s thigh making it as her pillow.

“Yah. I’m not your pillow.” Amber touches Krystal’s head

“I want you to get cramps when we wake up so that you’ll miss another practice because you can’t walk straight.” Krystal faced Amber and stuck her tongue out.

“Really, Krystal Jung?!” Amber crosses her arms.

“I’m a good friend right?” Krystal said and turns her body to the right. “I’m going to sleep now. Goodnight, llama.”

Amber shakes her head and chuckled. Krystal Jung is really something she thought. Slowly Krystal was drifting to sleep. Only the sound of the pouring rain and the soft thunder noises can be heard throughout the library. Amber watches Krystal as she drifted to sleep.

‘She looks like an angel when she’s sleeping.’ Amber said to herself and a smile was forming on her lips. She was about to caress Krystal’s head but she takes her hand back. Krystal might wake up she thought.

Amber takes her jacket off and places it on Krystal; it was getting colder because of the rain. As Amber was gently placing the jacket on Krystal, she held onto Amber’s hand making Amber a bit surprised.

Amber gently squeezes Krystal’s hand and slowly let go it, but Krystal holds it tightly.

“Don’t let go, Amber.” Krystal whispered.

“O- okay.”Amber stuttered. She saw Krystal weakly smiled and drifted again to dreamland.

Amber looks at their hands and gently caresses it like Krystal did a while ago. She turns her head and slightly pulls out a thick book into the shelf and Amber leans her head making the book as her pillow.

“Goodnight, Krystal.” Amber whispered and fell asleep.