Chapter 16

Mystery Song

Many weeks had passed and the friendship of the group is becoming stronger. Minho, is now warming up to Krystal and never feeling shy whenever they are together. Krystal didn’t mind that Minho is having a crush on her, she’s cool with it. She likes having Minho as her friend. Sometimes they will do some sleepovers at Luna’s or Jiyoung’s house. The girls will watch some movies, while the boys including Amber and Yuri will play videogames. And when they are all feeling tired and sleepy, they will just all sleep in one room; the girls will sleep at the bed while the boys will sleep at the floor.

There was one time that Amber woke up in some time in the middle of the night. She was lying on the floor beside the bed. She sits for a while and lean her back on the small bedside cabinet. She turns her head on a sleeping figure on her left. She let out a smile when she saw a beautiful girl sleeping like an angel. Even though this is the second time she saw Krystal sleeping, she still finds her adorable and cute. Amber had been staring the sleeping Krystal for several minutes now. She broke the stare when she touched her chest and realizes that her heart was beating so fast and she can’t help but to smile the whole time she was looking at Krystal. She felt a funny feeling on her stomach when she uses her fingers to remove the hair strands on Krystal face. Amber looked Krystal with loving eyes, adoring every detail on her pretty face and she unconsciously slowly leans in. She was about to capture Krystal’s lips but she immediately pull back when Krystal starts to snore. She chuckled at the sudden action but then she was surprised by what she just did.

“What are you doing Amber?” She touched her lips “Was I about to kiss her?” She put her hands on her head and grab a fist her hair and let out a silent groan. She immediately lies down and closes her eyes trying to forget the thing that she did earlier.

Ever since that night at the sleepover, Amber can’t get rid of the weird feeling whenever Krystal was with her. She wanted to run away from Krystal but she can’t because she will just miss the girl. Krystal also started practicing for the Track and Field competition, that’s why Amber, Krystal, Yuri, Minho and Jonghyun were always going home together because their practices always ends up at the same time. Whenever Krystal will be the first one to finish her practice, she will immediately go to the field and wait for the others to finish the practice. She will always bring an energy drink and will give it to Amber.

“Hey what about me? Yuri pouted when Krystal handed the drink to Amber

“Maybe next time.” She stuck her tongue out.

“You’re always saying that to us. And I think someone else is getting jealous.” Jonghyun turns his eyes to Minho.

“Yah I’m not jealous!” Minho said although he was feeling kinda jealous

“I didn’t say a name, why are you being so defensive?” Jonghyun said. As a result Minho playfully punched Jong’s arm.

 

Krystal and Amber waved goodbye to others because they will part their ways now. So it is just Amber and Krystal alone walking on the sidewalk. Again, Amber suddenly felt again that weird feeling; she was tapping her chest trying to get rid of the feeling.

“Are you okay?” Krystal worriedly asked

“Y-yes. I’m f-fine.” Amber stuttered and stops tapping her chest and scratches her head

“Are you sure?” Krystal is not contented by Amber’s answer. She stops on her tracks and move in front of Amber. “Is there something hurting in here?” Krystal put her hands on Amber’s chest checking if the other was in pain.

Amber blushed at the sudden action. The weird feeling was getting stronger and Amber can’t hold on into it. She immediately stepped back and not looking at Krystal.

“N-no, I-I’m really fine Krys.” She saw that Krystal did not believe at her, she smiled at the girl giving the other an assurance that she is fine.

Krystal let out a sigh and continue walking while Amber follow behind.

“Thanks for the drink.” Amber breaks their silence and showed the bottle on her hand.

“You’re welcome; you need that so I gave it to you.” Krystal said and smiled.

When they are walking across the intersection, Amber suddenly hold Krystal’s hand while walking. Krystal was taken aback but she just let Amber hold her hand until they will reach the end of the intersection. When they reach the end, Amber gently withdraws her hand but Krystal hold on to it not letting the other hand go. Amber isn’t aware that she was holding Krystal’s hand the whole time. It’s like her hand just automatically get Krystal’s hand. She looked at Krystal and Krystal just smiled at her in return.

Amber was biting her lip in order to stop her lips from smiling. She can’t let Krystal saw her grinning like a dork. Amber’s hands is starting to feel sweaty, she tries to remove her hand gently.

“It’s sweaty.” Amber said when Krystal didn’t want to let go of Amber’s hand.

“I don’t care.” Krystal said not looking at Amber with a poker face. She just tightens the grip on Amber’s hand.

 

It was Saturday and Amber was too lazy to get up from her bed. She lifts her right hand and stares at it. She immediately smiled as she reminisce the thing that occurred yesterday. She jolts up and immediately when to her study table and began to write some lyrics. It took about merely 15 minutes until she finished the lyrics of the song. She felt like she was being struck by a lightning of inspiration that’s why she finish it early than the usual.

“It’s done!” She exclaimed. She felt very contented seeing her work. She decided to put some chords in it later when everybody in their house is already asleep. She swivel her chair around and face the window in front of her. She then remembers a moment with her dad on the basement studio.

“Wow dad, you write all of these?” A six year old Amber said.

“Yes, Amber.” Mr. Liu patted Amber’s head when she saw her daughter was really amazed by his writings

“But how you made all of these? It’s too many; I don’t think I can write like yours.” Amber pouted making her dad chuckle at the cuteness of her daughter

“Well, maybe because I have my inspiration.” Mr. Liu smiled.

“Inspiration?” Amber questioned

“Yes, Amber. My inspiration was your mom.” Mr. Liu knew that her daughter didn’t understand yet what he was saying. “You’ll understand it when you’re older... or maybe when you fell in love already.”

 

Amber smiled; she remembers what her father said to her when she was little. While writing the lyrics she was just thinking Krystal and not anyone else. She realizes that she finally understand her father said to her.

“Am I inlove? Is this the thing that they call love? These weird feelings inside of me, is this love already? Am I falling in love with you Krystal Jung?” She asked herself.

She again looked at her hand. “Well I guess, I’m in love with you now Krystal Jung.”