Chapter 17

Mystery Song

It was a Saturday night. Amber tiptoed on her way to the basement. She was very careful not to wake up her sister and her mom who was just arrived from her business trip. She fishes her keys and opens the door. Because it’s been a long time that Amber didn’t come down on the basement, most of the instruments was covered with dust. She does a quick cleaning before she starts plotting the melody of the song.

She was so immersed on what she was doing. When she started to lay her fingers on the piano keys, the melody starts to develop. She closes her eyes and feels the music while her fingers dance on the keys. And without knowing it, the song was completed. She can’t help but to smile at the masterpiece that she just make. Of all the songs that Amber wrote, for her this is the best of them all. Because this is the song wherein, she felt that certain kind of inspiration that her father told her when she was young. After finishing it, she felt very happy and satisfied. It’s like all the euphoric emotions are overflowing inside her veins. And this is the first song that she wrote for someone, that’s why this is very precious to her.

 

A new week started. It is Monday. Amber had never been so interested during Mondays; she always hate Mondays, but today it’s the opposite. She wake up very early and prepare everything quickly. Even Jackie was surprised because she knew that her sister is not a Monday person.

“You’re weird today.” Jackie said while fixing her hair.

“Me?” Amber said

“Duh who else? You seem so very happy today.”

“Yeah. I just finished a song Jackie.” She said grinning.

“Really?! Can I hear it?! Please.”

“Nope. This one is special. I’ll show it to you when the right time comes.”

She walks to school with a smile pasted on her face. When she walk pass the corridor, she give high fives to her friends and teammates, whenever she will pass by them. She hums some certain notes of the song while skipping her way into the classroom. She was really in a good mood today. She glances on Krystal’s table and find it empty.

While she was scribbling some doodle at the back of her notebook. She heard that the door was opened; she immediately smiled at the figure that was entering the classroom but suddenly frowned when she saw Minho at the back of Krystal. She looks away instantly and continues to draw some doodles on her notebook.

Jonghyun and Yuri were surprised on what they just saw. They started to tease again Minho.

“1 point for Minho.” Yuri whispered.

“Thank God you’re making a move now.” Jonghyun added.

“Nah, we just bumped to each other on the way here, so we decided to walk together.” Minho’s cheeks are starting to turn into pink.

Even though Amber was busy doodling, she was eavesdropping all the time. She suddenly felt sad about Minho walking with Krystal on the way to school. During their breaks Amber was very quiet the whole time. Whenever they are talking something funny, Amber will just let out a weak smile. During lunch, Minho purposely seat beside Krystal. Yuri and Jonghyun were eyeing each other the whole time.  Even the girls are doing some eye talking at each other.

“Hey guys, I’ll go ahead. I’ve got something to do.” Amber was the first one to finish her food.

“Hyung, where are you going?” Sulli tugged Amber’s uniform stopping her from leaving.

“Just somewhere, I’ll be right back.” She patted Sulli’s head.

 

After finishing their lunch, they all head to the classroom except for Jiyoung, Suzy and Krystal. Jiyoung and Suzy were at their respective lockers to get some books while Krystal heads off somewhere. Suddenly Suzy remembers something.

“Hey Jiyoung, remember what Krystal told us before?” Suzy said while arranging her books neatly inside the locker.

“What is it?” Jiyoung said

“Krystal’s ‘mystery guy’ the one that was playing at the music room. I realized that Krystal stopped talking about that person.”

“Oh yeah. I think that guy doesn’t really exist.”

“But that guy was the one and only Krystal’s love.” Suzy closes the locker and face Jiyoung.

“Yes, but I think it’s hard to find that guy because the guy is always escaping. But let’s not think about it, I think Krystal is happy now.” Suzy nodded and the two walked together towards the classroom

 

On the other side of the corridor, Amber lazily put her things inside the locker. When she gets the books she needed, she closes the locker and she was surprised that Krystal suddenly appeared. She was hiding behind the locker’s door.

“Oh my god Krys! Don’t do that again, I might die early!” Amber said holding onto her chest.

“Okay, I’m gonna do it everytime. It’s funny seeing your surprised llama face.” She chuckled.

“What are you doing here anyway?” Amber asked.

“Why? Don’t you want me here?” Krystal pouted.

“N-no! Of course not.” Amber looks away to hide her blush. She finds it cute when Krystal is pouting.

“I’m just going to ask if you are okay. You’re spacing out awhile ago.” Krystal was worried about Amber. She was more worried when the girl suddenly left during their lunch. Krystal wanted to follow the girl but Minho said to her that Amber will be fine. Krystal just nodded because Minho and Amber known each other for a long time now.

“Oh, I am just tired I guess. Don’t worry, I’m fine Krys.” Amber smiled. She doesn’t want the girl to worry about her all the time.

“Amber, if something is bothering you, I’m always here and you know that.” Krystal looks deeply on Amber eyes to tell to Amber that she was being genuine. Amber just smiled at the girl, the weird feeling was happening again inside her.

“Oh no!” Krystal looks at her watch “We’re going to be late Am, the bell will ring soon.” And with that she hold Amber’s hands and start to ran on their way to the classroom. Amber looks at their intertwined hands and tightens the grip onto it.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having a really bad cold and class will start on Monday so I'm really going to be busy. But I'll promise to update this fic don't worry. I won't leave this one hanging. I'm really touched by all of the subscribers, comments and upvotes. Hihi. So uhm stay tuned everyone! Saranghae! <3