Chapter 21

Mystery Song

Amber was on her seat with her headphones on, bobbing her head to the beat of the music of her demo. She brings out her music notebook and noticed that the song doesn’t have a title yet. She was tapping her fingers on the table and pointing the tip of the closed pen on her temple, making circular motions as if she was thinking deeply. She advert her eyes on the window beside her hoping that by looking at the skyscraper buildings, passing cars and seeing some random people walking on the street can give her an idea to what the song will be called. She doesn’t want to call the demo a ‘demo’ forever. 

The three girls entered the classroom after their stop over at the comfort room. Krystal was fixing her things inside her drawer. She bring out her mirror just to make sure that her powder was evenly put on, she twist her mirror on the left and saw Amber who was furrowing her eyebrows, her head leaning on her hand, and balancing a pen between her nose and pouted lips. Amber makes weird faces whenever she is having a deep thinking. Krystal took out her phone and immediately snaps a photo of Amber. She chuckled as the picture went well.

Shortly after a while Minho entered the room. He brought with him the jersey of the soccer team. The jersey was colored black with yellow sleeves and has a white stripe on the side and at the middle was a tiger growling as the logo of the team. At the back were the surname and their respective jersey numbers. Minho was the assistant team captain of the soccer team. He’s responsible to deliver some updates to his team.

“Wow, this design was way better than the last time! Seriously I don’t like the plain color yellow last time” Jonghyun immediately try the jersey and make some adjustments

“Yeah, I agree too Jong, we look so bright at the field... Where did you get this Minho?” Yuri asked.

“Coach saw me on my way to class, he gave me these jerseys and he said that I gave these to you guys. The other jerseys are being distributed now.”

“Ohh okay. I hope that this jersey can bring us the championship again.” Yuri said.

“Yeah, so that we can have a victory party afterwards!” Jonghyun said and Yuri gave him a high five

Minho chuckled by the playfulness of his friends. He took the remaining jersey and walks his way to the owner.

“Hey Amber.” Minho tapped the shoulder of Amber but Amber seems not responding.

“Yah! Amber.” Minho tries it on the second time by making his voice a little louder but he receives no responds at all.

He saw the pen that was between Amber’s lips and nose; he flicked the pen making it loose the balance and drops it on the table. “’YAH!” Finally he earned a response from the girl. When Amber saw Minho she immediately fixes the notebook and the pen and put it inside the drawer.

“Here.” Minho playfully throws the jersey on Amber’s face.

“W-what’s this?... Ohh, is this our jersey?!” Amber excitedly said.

“Yes, that’s the one.”

“Thanks, Minho! I’m so excited to wear this on the field!” Amber hugs the jersey and she can’t wait to wear it on their game.

 

Amber forgot about the demo because of her excitement towards their game. The fourth period had ended earlier than usual because their teacher has a meeting. Amber decided to go to the music room again before going to the cafeteria with her friends. She made an excuse that she will go to Jackie’s class first because their lunch had been switched. Her friends are somewhat convinced so they head first at the cafeteria. When Amber finally reached the music room, she played the song on the piano along with her demo playing through her headphones. She once again drowns herself to her own song, excluding herself for a while in the outside world.

 

“Hey Krystal, what are you searching?” Sulli peeks at Krysta’s phone while munching her favourite food.

“A mouse trap.” Krystal replied without looking at Sulli

“Mouse trap?!” Luna repeated. “Why Krystal, do you have many rats at home?” Luna questioned.

Jiyoung chuckled at Luna’s question “No Luna, Krystal will use the mouse trap on a certain person.”

“Who is it?” Luna and Sulli said at the same time.

“Krystal’s mystery man.” Suzy said.

 

On the other side of the table Yuri, Jonghyun and Minho are talking about their incoming soccer competition. It seems that the group have their own world. Minho was in a hurry to finish his food, when he was about to get up, Yuri stopped him.

“Where are you going?” Yuri grabs a hold on Minho’s wrist

“Coach texted me awhile ago to meet him during lunch, maybe he’ll talk about the game.” Minho said as he packing his lunch on his bag. Yuri and Jonghyun just nodded and Minho excuses himself to the group.

 

Luna and Sullli become excited about this Krystal’s mystery man. Jiyoung and Suzy were telling the two girls the story because Krystal was so busy browsing some trap items on the internet. They told them how Krystal became in love with the mystery guy who was playing the song inside the music room.  Luna and Sulli squealed together imagining who the mystery person might be, but they frowned when they heard that the person keeps on escaping Krystal.

“So that’s why Krystal is searching for mouse traps.” Suzy said. “But why are searching for mouse trap Krys? Suzy questioned her.

“Well, the music room has 2 doors. I’m gonna lay down the mouse traps on the other door in which the person is escaping so that when the guy steps on it, it will hurt a lot and the person can’t walk anymore.” Krystal said with a serious evil grin on her face she was so excited to buy some traps.

“Poor guy’s feet.” Sulli said as she imagines the person aching so badly because of the trap. Jiyoung and Suzy just chuckled because they knew that when Krystal wanted something to happen, she will make the most out it.

 

When Amber was finished playing the song, she became cautious because she knew that any time now, a certain person will barged into the room. So she quickly fixes everything not wanting to leave something on the music room. But this time there was no person appeared into the room. She opens the other door very slowly, she peeped in and when she saw that no one is around, she immediately run her way into the cafeteria. She joins the others eating their lunches.