Chapter 15

Mystery Song

Along the way, Amber bumped into Yuri at the corner going to school. They walk together side by side talking about sports and their upcoming soccer competition. Upon reaching the school, Amber notices a very familiar girl coming from the other side of the corridor, it was Krystal.  She was walking with Jiyoung and Suzy.

“Hey Krystal!” Amber shouted and waves her hand. Krystal knew immediately who the owner of that voice was. She turns around and saw a grinning llama.

“Hi Am.” She waves back and smiled.

Jiyoung, Suzy and Yuri were a little bit surprised because of the sudden closeness of the two. They give their friend some weird look.

“Wow, you’re friends with the Jung eh?” Yuri whispered to the smiling Amber.

“Uh-huh. We became friends like two days ago? Yeah, it was two days ago.” Amber said

“I didn’t think that the two of you will become this close... I mean, she’s a...”

“Ice princess?” Amber cut her off.

“Y-yeah. Exactly.”

“Pssh. You’re just saying that because you didn’t know her yet. She’s really a good person, Yul. She doesn’t bite.” Amber laugh upon saying the last sentence.

The two friends were the first one to go to the classroom. While the three, went to the bathroom first to do some girly stuffs before entering the classroom.

“I never saw you and Amber this close.” Jiyoung said to Krystal while applying some powder on her face

Krystal just hummed as a reply to Jiyoung who was busy checking her phone.

“Yeah, I thought you’ll gonna kill her.” Suzy said while doing her business inside the cubicle.

Krystal laughed. “Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me, Suzy... but no; I’m not going to kill her... yet.” Krystal can’t help but giggled.

“You two seemed really close; I never thought that you and Liu will become friends.” Jiyoung faced Krystal. She knew Krystal doesn’t normally like this. Krystal chooses her friends very well. She chooses the ones who can she get along with and will do some girly stuffs. She is just surprised that she and Amber become friends easily.

“Yeah, I never thought of that too. She’s nice you know, you should get to know her too.” Krystal said.

“I think that’s a great idea!” Suzy said as she emerged from the cubicle. “The more friends: the merrier!”

As the three friends entered the classroom they immediately sat down on their respective seats. Krystal was unconsciously looking at Amber the moment they entered the room. She was expecting that the other one will look at her too, but it failed because Amber was very busy writing something on her notebook.

The classes started and all of the students were busy listening and studying their lecture. There was a time when the teacher cracks a very lame joke; well of course the whole class didn’t laugh giving the teacher some embarrassment. When the teacher turned around and began to write something from the blackboard, the whole class was trying to suppressing their laughter. Suddenly, Amber and Krystal’s eyes met.

“Lame” Amber mouthed and gives thumbs down sign to Krystal.

“I know right.” Krystal also mouthed and rolls her eyes.

 

The bell rang during the fourth period signalizing that it was time for lunch. Amber quickly arranges her things and grabs her lunch and went to Krystal and her friends.

“Hi guys!” Amber pops up from behind.

“Hey llama.” Krystal said.

“So you guys ready?” Amber asked.

“Ready for what?” Jiyoung questioned.

“I forgot to tell you guys, Amber is inviting us to table with them during lunch.” Krystal reasoned.

“Really?! That’s great! Let’s go then!” Suzy clasped her hands and exclaimed.

Upon reaching the table, Krystal was tugging the hem of Amber’s uniform. Amber knew that she was feeling awkward, but Amber just give her a reassuring smile that says everything will be fine.

“Hey guys!” Amber said when they reached the table. All of the people eating in the table stopped eating and have their eyes towards the three persons behind Amber. Even Minho’s food fell from his chopsticks.

“They will gonna join us for lunch. Is it okay with you guys?” Amber asked. Luna being the friendliest and the enthusiastic one, she clears stopping the others from staring and said “Of course! Here, seat with us.” She scooted over to her left giving some spaces for the three persons.

At first, it was really awkward for the rest of the group. They are just eating and not saying any word. Minho’s eyes never left Krystal. He can’t believe that her love was eating very near to him. It was a very wordless moment with them until...

“Oh my gosh! I love your nail polish!” Suzy said pointing her finger to Sulli’s finger nails.

“Really?! Oh thank you! I like your earrings too!” Sulli complimented Suzy too.

“That bracelet of yours Luna, it’s so beautiful!” Jiyoung exclaimed.

“My mom gave it to me. I like the color of your headband! Blue is my favourite color!” Luna said.

“Blue is my favourite color, too!” Jiyoung gave Luna a high five.

The whole gang let out a laugh. The awkwardness was slowly breaking between them, as for Minho, he’s still kinda shy towards Krystal and sometimes will stutter when he will talk. They kept on teasing him especially Jonghyun and Yuri, making Minho pout on his seat and the others will laugh at him.

“It wasn’t a bad idea after all.” Krystal said to Amber while they are walking back to their classroom.

Amber looks her friends fooling around ahead of them. “Yep. Told ya. We’re on the same circle of friends now, Krys.”

“I know. Thanks, Amber.” Krystal smiled.

“No problemo.”

The two run towards their friends and join them in having fun. All of them were very happy for their new found friendships.