Chapter 18

Mystery Song

Amber went down again at the basement. Of course, she makes sure that the people living inside their house went off to dreamland already. She began to record the song in the basement studio so that she can hear it every time she wants to. She saves her demo on her laptop and transfers it to her ipod.

When she was done recording, she went upstairs straight to her bedroom and flopped herself into the bed. That night, Amber can’t sleep again. She was twisting and turning until her bed sheet starts to look messy. She spends the night playing her videogames again, and it was nearly dawn until she finally feel very drowsy.

At the school, Amber was very sleepy; but she tries to keep herself awake because she doesn’t want to send to detention again. Krystal glances to Amber and she saw that the girl was slowly bobbing her head and trying to keep herself awake.

“She didn’t sleep again last night?” She mumbled at herself. When the teacher was not looking at them, Krystal tore a paper on the back of her notebook, crumpled it and throws it to Amber. It landed on Amber’s head making the girl awake.

“What the hell?!” Amber suddenly blurted out and touched her head.

“Is there something wrong Ms. Liu?” The teacher turns around and asks Amber.

“Uhm. N-no Sir! I’m sorry.” She stands up and bows to the teacher. Good thing the teacher didn’t send her outside, and for that Amber felt a relief.

She picks up the crumpled paper and look around to see who was the one who threw that to her. She saw Krystal covering and silently giggling. She knew that Krystal was the suspect. She immediately threw the paper back to her when the teacher was not looking.

“Ouch!” Her giggling stopped when she felt something just hit her head.

“Ms. Jung what’s the matter?” The teacher turns around

“Nothing sir, I’m sorry.” Like what Amber did, she stands up and bows to the teacher. Fortunately the teacher isn’t in a bad mood today or else she’ll get a detention too.

She turns her head towards Amber and saw the girl stuck her tongue out. She uses her famous glare to Amber but Amber just smiled dorkily at her and after a while, Krystal also smiled back. The period ended early than the usual because their teacher is really in a good mood.

“You’re such a bully.” Amber said as she saw Krystal walking towards her table.

“Yah. I’m not, I’m a good friend.” Krystal said as she sat on Amber’s table. “If I didn’t do it, you might end up standing outside again.”

Amber chuckled and lean her back on the chair. “Well, I have to thank you for that good friend.”

“So... You didn’t sleep again last night huh?”

“Yep.”

“Why?” Krystal said as she playfully swings her legs while sitting on the table.

“I don’t know.” Amber just shrugged.

“You don’t know? Or maybe you’re just watching something... like adult thingy.” Krystal teased.

“No. I’m not! I’m not that kind of person you’re thinking.” She slightly pushed Krystal off her table. She just chuckled and stuck her tongue out and returns to her seat.

 

Amber decided not to attend the practice today because she is feeling tired and very sleepy. She told Yuri that she will not be there and just make up an excuse to tell coach. The last period ended and Amber waved goodbye to Yuri, Jonghyun and Minho. Krystal was with Jiwon and they head to the library to return the books they borrowed for their research.

Since Amber didn’t attend her practice today, she chooses to stay at the music room. She thought that it’s been a long time since she went there. And she wanted to play the song that she just made for Krystal. She slowly opens the door and walk towards the piano. She places the music notebook on the stand and removes the cover of the piano keys. She gently run her fingers to the keys before playing; she misses playing here so much. She took a deep breath and closes her eyes as she starts pressing down the keys. The empty music room became suddenly lively as Amber starts playing the song.

 

“Is this all Jiwon?” Krystal asked as she was double checking all the references they had borrowed.

“Yes, that’s all.” Jiwon said.

The two walked into the library counter and they submit the things to the librarian. When they are done, Jiwon bid her goodbye to Krystal because Krystal has a practice to attend. Jiwon walks to the other side of the corridor while Krystal in the other which she will pass the music room. As Krystal was walking, her heart starts to beat fast as she heard the song playing from the music room. She slowly and quietly walks towards the room, because she doesn’t want the person to escape again. When she reach the door, she lean her ear forward to be able to her the song completely. She closes her eyes as she feels the song. It felt like the song was written for her and at the first moment she already like it very much. She waited until the song ended. With tremble hands, she gathers all of her courage to open the door.

 

“Huh?” Amber mumbled. She quickly grabs her things and run through the other door. When she saw that the other door was suddenly opened by someone, she immediately opens the other door and run quickly.

She heard someone yelling at her. “Wait!” but she didn’t dare to look back because she was afraid that someone might recognize her. She also felt that the person was chasing after her as she heard some footsteps coming from behind. Amber was running for her life. When she will turn at the corridor, she accidently bumped into someone. Making her fall a bit good thing the person grabbed her quickly.

“Whoah. Slow down.” Amber recognizes the voice; it was Minho.

“Thanks.” Amber said panting and patted Minho’s shoulder. Amber sensed that the chaser is coming near so she immediately runs again.

 “Hey where are you going?” Minho shouted.

“Uhh. Bathroom!” Amber answered back.

“Ohh.” Minho just shrugged. But then he realizes that the bathroom was on the other side. When he was about to turn to tell Amber that she was heading the wrong way, she was already disappeared.

Minho continue walking until someone bumped him again. He was getting pissed because this was the second time that a person bumped on him. He was about to yell until she saw Krystal.

“Oh my god, I’m sorry Minho.” Krystal said.

“I-It-its f-f-f-fine.” Minho starts stuttering, good thing he didn’t yell at her.

“Hey uhm... have you seen a certain person running here?” Krystal asked.

“P-per-person?” Minho stuttered again and can’t think straight. He is in a cloud nine state at the moment.

“Aish. Never mind. I’m gonna be late for the practice, bye!” Krystal walks away leaving a not moving Minho behind her.

 

Amber stops running and tiredly sat on the bench near the field under a big shady tree. She was puffing large amounts of air. She pulls out her tumbler and drank all the water inside it. She suddenly felt tired from running and she decided to take a nap. She lies down on the bench and drifted to sleep.

 

Amber had been sleeping for merely two hours, and suddenly a girl with a long brown hair wearing training clothes approach Amber. She smiled, she put her sports bag down and carefully gets Amber’s head as she motioned to sit on the bench. She places Amber’s head safely on her thigh so the other girl can sleep properly. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I'm supposed to be resting now, but I just can't. Hehe. I cannot restrain myself not to write an update because I love you guys. <3 Hihi. I'll be sleeping now before my mom will see me. I'll be dead for sure. Hihi. Goodnight!