Epilogue

Mystery Song

The sun has already gone down. The streetlights are slowly lighting up the busy streets of Seoul. The cold breeze in the evening is slowly being felt and it’s getting colder as the night went by. Despite of that, Amber is keeping Krystal heated as she never let go of her arms around the other girl’s waist and by rubbing their hands together and intertwining it at the same time.

“You know what; I really can’t believe that you have an appetite of a man. I mean you ate all of yours plus the half of mine! I really can’t believe you.” Amber said as she let go of her arms. She stood up and looks at her girlfriend in disbelief. They decided to call it a day and go home.

“Well you know, even though I eat so much food...”  Krystal stood up also. She picks up Amber’s backpack and gave it to her “...I still can’t get fat. I think it’s a good thing.” She grabs her bag and places it on her shoulders. When she didn’t get a reply from Amber she continues “Don’t you like that? You have a y girlfriend over here.” She said with confidence and pointed herself.

“Yeah. But that y girlfriend will make me so broke just for her food.” Amber teased and she earns a playful slap on her arm from Krystal.

“I know you will buy me all the food I want because you love me, and eventhough you have no money left in your wallet...” Krystal leans forward and places a kiss on Amber’s cheek “...I’ll still love you.” Krystal smiled and clings her arm on Amber’s.

Amber smiled dorkily as she gently ruffles Krystal’s hair. “And I love you too...” She fixes her jacket on Krystal’s shoulder.  “So are we gonna take the bus or walk?” Amber asked.

“I’ll go for a walk. I need to burn all I ate.” Krystal said as she patted her tummy.

Amber chuckled because of her girlfriend’s cuteness. She opens her backpack and gets her gray bonnet and carefully places it on Krystal’s head. “There, all done.” She said as she gently tucks the hair on Krystal’s ear. Amber didn’t want Krystal to catch a cold because of the night breeze so she thought giving Krystal her bonnet.

Krystal blushed on the gesture of her girlfriend. She moves her hand downward to meet the other girl’s hand. Krystal immediately intertwines it and Amber being a gentleman, took Krystal’s bag and carries it. “Let’s go home.”

 

The two stopped in front of the gate of the Jung’s house. Krystal took off her jacket and hands it over to Amber. “Can I keep this?” She said while placing her hands on her head.

“Sure. You can keep my bonnet. It looks good on you.” Amber wore the jacket and Krystal helps her to fix it. “So... I’ll be going now. Goodnight Krystal!” Amber said and waved. She was about to turn around when Krystal stops her.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” Amber checks on her wallet, pocket and things but all of it seems to be in order. She looks at Krystal wondering what she is forgetting.

Krystal rolls her eyes because of her girlfriend’s slow pick up. “Come here.” She signalled Amber to move closer to her using her index finger.

“What is it?” Amber asked as she moves closer to Krystal.

“You didn’t give me a goodnight kiss.” Krystal said cutely and pouted like a little kid.

Amber chuckled and leans forward to plant a soft kiss on Krystal’s forehead. When she pulls back, Krystal’s expression didn’t change. She is still pouting while crossing her arms. “What’s wrong?”

Krystal cupped Amber’s cheek and squeezes it. “Not there stupid... Kiss me here!” Krystal leans in for a kiss on Amber’s lips. Seconds later Krystal’s hands soften and gently massage Amber’s cheeks by using her thumb while they are starting deepening the kiss. Amber’s hands found its place on Krystal’s waist and she pulls the girl a little closer to her.

They broke apart when the air is needed. Their lips are slightly swollen and their both cheeks are having pink shades. “I-I’ll g-g-go now.” Amber stuttered and scratches the back of her head.

“O-okay. Take care on your way home.” Krystal said shyly.

Amber started to walk away and Krystal just stood there to wait for Amber to reach the next block before she will go inside their house. Just when Amber will take her third step from the Jung’s gate she turned around. “Hey Krys...”

“Yeah?”

“I love you.” Amber said and smiled.

“I love you, too.”

 

Amber smiled as she remembers the day when she and Krystal are finally together. She picks up her dad’s pen in which Krystal gave to her when she dropped it in the rooftop. “I really wished that I can introduce Krystal to you in person, dad. Well I guess you probably saw her already from up there.” She said as she glances over her window to look at the blue sky. She opens her drawer and carefully places the pen beside her music notebook.

“Someone woke up a little early today....” Jackie said as she saw Amber walking towards the kitchen. Amber smiled and sits on the dining table. “... today is the day right?” she said as she flips a pancake and places it on Amber’s plate.

“Yep. To be honest I’m a little nervous. This is the first time I’m doing this.” Amber said as she shoves a slice of pancake in .

“Just relax. Everything will fall into the right places.”  Jackie patted her little sister’s back.

“Thanks Jackie, and thanks for lending me the restaurant’s rooftop for tonight.”

“You’re welcome little llama.”

Amber drives to the restaurant bringing with her two big boxes full of decorations for the celebration tonight. She decided to surprise Krystal in the rooftop because they first met on a rooftop. She laughs as she remembered their rooftop encounter. She was glad that she threw that pen towards Krystal. They started as enemies turned into friends and now as lovers.

 As Amber started to stick some of the decorations on the rooftop, the door swung open revealing Sulli and Jonghyun carrying some decorations with them.

“Good morning Hyung!” Sulli greeted her “big brother”

“Good morning Sulli...” She hugged her and high five-d Jonghyun “... Hey Jong.”

“This place is going to be romantic in a while, good job Amber.” Jong patted Amber’s back.

Meanwhile, Sulli’s phone suddenly vibrated. She places the box at the nearest table and picks up her phone. She looks at the caller id before answering the phone.

“Ohh Soojungie, why did you call? It’s 8 in the morning.” She said sounding very sleepy and faked a yawn. She pretended that she had just woken up.

“Who is that?” Amber asked in a low tone

Sulli covers her phone and mouthed “It’s Krystal!” to Amber.

“Ohh.” Amber whispered and covers . She just go back silently and continue what she was doing but she was eavesdropping in their conversation.

“Sorry. Did you just wake up? I-I’m calling you later.” Krystal said in the other line.

“No its okay. Is there a problem?” Sulli asked.

Krystal pulls herself up from the bed and sits and leans her back on the headboard. “Nothing... its just Amber.” Krystal said in a sad tone. She grabs the stuffed llama and hugs it.

“What about Amber?” Sulli said. Amber after hearing her name, she immediately looks at Sulli.

“I think she forgot what today is.” Krystal pouted and she starts caressing the llama stuffed toy that Amber gave her. “She just sent me a good morning message today. I thought she will be sending an anniversary message or something.”

Sulli is suppressing her laugh because she knew that Amber didn’t forget their anniversary. And they are currently doing the surprise for Krystal. “Ohh... uhm do you think hyung really forget it?”

“I think so...” Krystal said softly.

“Then why don’t you greet her first?” Sulli suggested and smirked at Amber. Amber immediately mouthed “NO!” to Sulli.

“No. I want Amber to be the first one to greet me.” Krystal said to Sulli and she points the llama stuff toy using her index finger, she was imagining it as Amber.

Sulli chuckled and shakes her head. “Alright. Hey Soojungie, I gotta go I have something to do.” She put and emphasis on “something” in which Amber heard and glared at her. Good thing Krystal didn’t ask about it.

“Okay, I’ll see you later Sulli. Bye.”

“You almost give me a heart attack there!” Amber said to Sulli as she ruffles her hair.

“Don’t worry hyung, she doesn’t have any clue about what we are doing. She still thinks that you forgot your anniversary. Now excuse me, I’ve got to help Jonghyun.” Sulli said as she swatted Amber’s hand but Amber dodges it and continues to ruffle Sulli’s hair.

 

Sulli and Krystal are having dinner at Jackie’s restaurant. It was all part of the plan. Sulli suddenly noticed that her friend doesn’t eat or touch her food on her plate. “Yah. Aren’t you eating? Jackie unnie give these for free!” Sullli said while munching her food.

Krystal shakes her head “I told you, Amber didn’t remember.” And let out a sigh.

“Where is hyung by the way?” Sulli curiously asked.

“She said that she was with her mom at Busan today. I thought I will be spending this day with her.” Krystal places her fork down and hung her head low.

Meanwhile, Sulli receives a text message coming from Amber saying that it is time already. Sulli wipes and picks up her purse. “Hey Jungie, Jackie unnie texted me. She is asking our help to bring down some supplies at the storage at the rooftop.” Sulli stood up and was about to pull Krystal’s arm

“How about our food?” Krystal asked.

“Don’t worry about it. We can eat another one later.” Sulli said and Krystal followed her.

While climbing towards the rooftop, Krystal still didn’t know a thing to what’s going to happen. As Krystal is about to open the door, Sulli made an alibi.

“Soojung, you go first. I have to answer this call.” Krystal just nodded. She lazily opened the door of the roof top. She wasn’t in the mood anyway.

As she steps in, lights started to turn on giving light to the whole rooftop. She gasps as she saw red and white petals scattered on the floor. There is a soft romantic piano music playing and there is a candle light dinner in the middle. She almost tears up as she saw a big banner that says “Happy Anniversary!”

“You thought I forgot it, didn’t you?” Krystal smiled as she heard a familiar voice coming from her back. It was the voice she miss the most. She turns around only to find Amber on a suit while holding a rose on her hand.

“I thought you’re in Busan?” Krystal said as she walks towards Amber.

“Well I’m here. I’m here because I want to spend this night with you.” Amber handed the flower to her and she accepted it. “Shall we dance?”

Krystal smiled sweetly and nodded. Amber places her hands on Krystal’s waist and Krystal places her hands on Amber’s neck. They started swaying slowly, swinging their bodies from left to right as the music plays. Their eyes never left each other and their smiles never disappear on their faces. And at this moment, it just feels so right.

“How did you do this?” Krystal asked. Her hand travelled upwards to caress Amber’s hair lovingly.

“I’ve got some help from others...” Amber chuckled. “... Jackie, Sulli and Jonghyun. I think I will never gonna pull this off without them.”

Krystal just smiled and leans her head on Amber’s chest and listened to her heartbeat. Amber hugs her tightly and places a soft kiss on Krystal’s hair.

“You smell good, and you look so handsome today... I like it.” Krystal said as she hides her face on the other girl’s neck. She is a bit shy when it comes to saying things like that to Amber.

Amber smiled and plants another soft kiss on Krystal’s hair. She gently let go of the hug and pauses the music player. She picks up her Ipod and attaches a pair of earphones in it. She walks towards the girl and clears .   

“They say that when you are in love, all the songs make sense. I never understand it before, but now...”  Amber looks at Krystal with loving eyes “... I do.” Her hand cupped Krystal’s left cheek and wipes the lone tear on it. “It all makes sense now since you came into my life.” Amber smiled and Krystal too. 

Amber gently tucks Krystal’s hair on her ear and places one earphone on her ear. Then she places the other one on her ear. “Of all of the songs that I’ve listened and wrote, I think this my favourite of them all...” Amber clicks the play button. Krystal immediately recognizes the song that is currently playing. It was the song she misses hearing the most.

“Amber, this is...” before Krystal will finish what she will say, Amber cuts her off.

“Yes. This is the demo, and I named it after you...” Amber shows the Ipod on her and Krystal noticed that the demo is entitled ‘Krystal’ and Amber even made an album artwork with her picture in it. “... You are my favourite song, Krystal.”

Krystal can no longer hold back her tears so she just let it go. She felt loved. She thought that she made the right decision of having Amber in her life. This is definitely a day worth remembering for her. “Oh Amber.” She hugged Amber very tightly and Amber returns the hug also.

“Wait, before I forgot I have to give you something.” Amber pulls away and fishes a small box on her pocket. She opens it and picks up a small ring inside.

“Are you proposing to me right now?” Krystal joked.

“Well no, but for now this ring will serve as a promise ring...” Amber holds Krystal’s left hand and carefully inserts the ring on her finger. “... I promise that, I will protect you, take care of you and love you as long as I live.” Amber plants a soft kiss on the back of Krystal’s hand. “I’ve got mine too!” Amber happily shows to Krystal her hand revealing the other couple ring.

“And I promise that I will always gonna be here for you and love you no matter what happens.” Krystal said holding Amber’s hand.

“Happy Anniversary, Krystal.”

“Happy Anniversary, Amber.” They both giggled together. Amber puts the music on repeat and she put her hands on Krystal’s waist and started to dance again. Krystal’s hand lovingly caresses Amber’s face by using her thumb.

“I love you, Amber.” Krystal said breathlessly

“I love you too.” Amber leans in and plants a kiss Krystal on the lips. The kiss went slow but it was full of emotion.

The two shares a passionate kiss on a wonderful night of their anniversary while playing the song they both love. It was the song that made Krystal and Amber find its way to be together.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Did you guys miss reading it? Hehe. This is a surprise chapter for you guys. I have this idea a long time ago but I don't have a time to write it. I have no plans of making a part 2, but lets just say that they happily end up together. Hehe. I just want to say thank you to all of you for reading Mystery Song. So please guys check out my ongoing fic and subscribe! Its another Kryber story. Here's the link below:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/832149/a-friend-of-mine-kryber

 

Happy reading! Mehe. :)