Chapter 23

Mystery Song

“Am I really going to do this?” Krystal talks to herself. She was thinking whether she will pursue her plan on catching the mystery guy in the music room. She was walking to and fro inside her room while crossing her arms. On the other side of her mind, she was feeling guilty because she will set traps that can hurt the mystery person, while the other was saying the opposite that she has to follow it because god it was all she ever wanted, to know the true identity of the mystery person. It’s like there is as little angel and a devil on Krystal’s shoulder arguing on what she will going to do.

“Soojung, I’m going out to the supermarket you wanna come?” Jessica shouted in front of Krystal’s door.

Her sister’s voice makes Krystal to come back to her trance. “Yes, unnie! Give me five minutes!”

The two drove their way to the nearest supermarket. On the way, Krystal remained quiet at the passenger seat next to the diver. She was half listening to her sister’s random stories; she advert her eyes on the window and start to look at the different things they are passing by.

On the supermarket, Jessica gets a cart and pulls out her checklist of the things she needs to buy. Krystal just follows her sister behind. When they are in the pest control section, Krystal eyed on the mousetrap that was placed at the other end of the shelf. She immediately walks towards it and starts contemplating whether she will buy it or not. She was standing in front of it in almost a minute now, Jessica finally calls for her sister because she done picking her stuffs. Krystal bit her lip and gives up. “Aissh. Okay I’m going to buy it.” She grabs 4 pieces of them and places it on the cart.

“Why did you put mousetraps in there?” Jessica asked.

“Uhm.. It-It’s for our science experiment.” Krystal made an alibi. Jessica seems to be convinced about it so she just shrugged it.

After they finished their grocery trip, Krystal immediately gets the mouse trap, went upstairs and put i t inside her bag. “I am so sorry I’m gonna do this to you.”

 

After Jackie talked to her, Amber had decided to confess her feelings towards Krystal. She doesn’t care anymore if she will get rejected, because she knew for a fact that Krystal only sees her as a friend and not more than that. She thinks that if she will confess it to her, the heavy feeling that she feels every time when Krystal is around will be lessen. So she was up all night thinking of a plan on how to confess her true feelings towards Krystal.

“Should I give her flowers? Roses? Tulips?...  Or maybe... Sweets! Yes sweets, hmm chocolates maybe? ARGH.” Amber was twisting and turning on her bed blurting out some random ideas whether she will give a gift to Krystal or not, but nothing seems to fit. Then she realized that the best gift she can ever give to Krystal was the song that she wrote for her.

She poured into that song all of her innermost feelings that she felt for Krystal. It was embedded in the lyrics how Amber wanted Krystal to be her princess forever and no one else. The song that Amber wrote is like a love letter to Krystal; it’s like showing to the girl you love that no matter what happens, through thick and thin Amber will be there by her side and loves her unconditionally no matter what her insecurities are.  And if she will be given a chance, she will make Krystal the happiest person and she will never let her cry or get hurt. Amber will be her dorkiest servant who grants Krystal’s wishes no matter how ridiculous it might be and will always make sure that Krystal is secured around Amber’s loving arms. If one day that Krystal will say ‘yes’ to her, she will be the happiest person in the world, but she knew that it was impossible.

The next day, Amber decided to get come to class after lunch. She just stayed at the school’s rooftop all morning because she was very nervous just by seeing Krystal’s face. She took a deep breath and starts humming some few notes of the song she wrote and starts practicing the song.

“You know I’d fall apart without you... I don’t know how you do what you do.... ~~

 She planned that during lunch she will get Krystal on the cafeteria and bring her to the music room. Amber will play the song to her and after that she will confess her true feelings for Krystal.

“Krystal, I know that you’re surprised that I brought you here. The song that I just played was dedicated for you, I written it by myself... Krystal... Uhm. The very first time I held your hand when we are at the library, I felt a feeling that I shouldn’t let this hand go. I wanna hold your hand forever Krys.  You made me experience to feel these weird feelings inside of me, like these butterflies on my stomach, my heart that will explode anytime whenever I’m with you and my uncontrollable lips that automatically smiles whenever I see you. I’m not asking for your answer Krystal, I’m just telling these thing because I want you to know how I really felt about you. I love you, Jung Soojung.” Amber let out a deep sigh as she finishes her confession for Krystal looking at the broomstick.

“Argh. Can I really do this? This is so hard.” Amber was beginning to get frustrated. She lean her back on the railing, looked up and closes her eyes.

 

Krystal leaned her ear at the door; she closes her eyes as the pianist was playing the song beautifully. She started to feel those feelings again, when she first heard the song. As the pianist played the last note, she sighed and opened the door. At first she didn’t clearly saw the mystery guy because the music room was a bit dim. She saw that the person who was sitting in front of the piano looks at her and remain unmoved. She steps closer until she saw the person’s face completely.

“Minho.” Krystal said looking directly at Minho’s eyes.

Minho stands up and walks towards Krystal. “Hi Krystal.”

Krystal felt nervous as Minho walk towards her and her face was starting to blush “I-I-It’s y-you!” Krystal stuttered.

But Minho just remained silent and gave Krystal a weak smile.

 

 

“Okay that’s it; I’m going to go down.” Amber finally stops procrastinating and decided to go down. She makes a detour at the other hallway wherein the music room was there. She wanted to make sure that the music room is empty by this hour.

She was walking at the corridor happily until “OUCH. WHAT THE HELL!” She felt pain on her left foot as she steps on something. She looked down and saw that she stepped on a mousetrap. “A mousetrap?! Is this some sort of a prank?!” Good thing Amber just stepped on one, she looked at the floor and there are still three mousetraps that was scattered. She gently removes it and entered the music room.

She opened the door and finds out that no one is inside. She smiled as she imagine that she will confess her feelings to the girl she love on this music room. She then go straight to the cafeteria, she scan the place looking for the gang, when she saw her friends who were like having some sort of commotion and they seem really happy. She walks her way towards them but she stop halfway, when she saw that Krystal’s hand is intertwined with someone else. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Huhu. I'm a bad author, I know. Haha. :) For those who are curious about the song. It's Wanted by Hunter Hayes. It's a really good song! I always listen to it whenever I am writing an update. Hehe. Thank you for all the subscribers, upvotes and especially the comments I really enjoyed reading them. <3 *hugs everyone*

So if you wanna listen to the song here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5vb-0_Qppk