Chapter 28

Mystery Song

As Amber closes the door, the tears that she was always keeping at the bay suddenly runs down through her eyes. She places her hand on so that nobody can hear her sobbing, and she leans her back at the door. She promised herself not to cry anymore but it seems that she can’t. She wanted to come back. She wanted to confess her love for Krystal. She turns around facing the door, and grab a hold on the door knob but she didn’t push the door open. She just can’t. She withdrew her hand back and walks straight towards the gate and to their house. As soon as she entered the house, she was surprised by her sister and her mom for doing a good job at the soccer game. Her mom cooked all Amber’s favourite food and her sister gave her a pair of shoes that Amber is dying to have.

As Amber flopped onto her bed, she picks up her phone from her bag and saw many missed calls and messages from her friends and teammates. They are all looking for her whereabouts. Since Amber is at the infirmary, she didn’t get a chance to reply them all. So she just sent a group message telling that she was already at their house taking a rest and just enjoy the party without her. It was a very long and tiring day for Amber, suddenly her eyes are heavy and not so long after she already drifted to sleep.

 

Minho decided to look for Krystal because she is not answering both of his text messages and calls. He searches everywhere until he finds Krystal standing in front of the exit door. Minho felt a relief and walks towards his girlfriend.

“Krystal?” Minho taps her shoulder. Krystal came back from her train of deep thought and saw that her hand was holding the door knob of the exit.

“Are you going home already?”

“Uhm. No...” Krystal removes her hand from the knob. “Let’s just go back.”

“Have you seen Amber? I’m calling her hundreds of times but she seems not answering it.”

“Yeah... She just... She just left.” Krystal said not looking at Minho and starts to walk towards the court. Minho just shrugged and followed her girlfriend.

At the victory party there are some students who are enjoying the food provided by the school and of course, the whole gang was there except for Amber. In some time in the middle of the party, the coach of the soccer team went to the stage. He was about to announce the MVP of the game, everyone knew that it was Amber. By the moment that Minho was being lifted by his teammates, they are about to lift Amber too but Amber is nowhere to be seen. Because Amber is not present at the party, as the assistant team captain of the soccer team, Minho took it first and he will give it to Amber afterwards.

Krystal felt that her phone vibrated, she lazily picked it up but her face suddenly brightens up a bit when she saw Amber’s text message. Krystal suddenly thinks of an idea, she will stop by Amber’s house tomorrow to check her condition. She is really worried about Amber’s arm and she wanted the first person to tell Amber that she was the MVP of the game.

As Minho walks Krystal home, Krystal was always looking at the little glass trophy and the medal in the small box that Minho is holding. When they reached the front gate of Krystal’s house, they bid each other their goodbyes, when Minho was about to turn around, Krystal stops him.

“Minho!”

“Hmm?”

“I uhm...” Krystal bit her lip. She was hesitating whether she would say it or not.

“What is it Krystal?” Minho steps forward a little.

“Can I... I mean... I know you are supposed to give Amber that...” Krystal points at the trophy and the box on the hand of Minho. Minho looks at it and just nodded his head. “But can I personally give her that instead?” Krystal hung her head low; she doesn’t know why she is being shy about it.

Minho chuckled and patted his girlfriend’s head. “Of course you can!” Minho handed the trophy and the small box to Krystal. “Go inside now Krys, it’s getting late. I’ll go now, goodnight!” Krystal just nodded her head and enters her house. She can’t wait for tomorrow. She smiles as she looks at the two things that she will give Amber tomorrow.

 

Krystal had finished preparing the stuffs that she will bring to Amber’s house. She bought Amber’s ddeukbokki and other snacks, the trophy and the medal of course and some DVD’s in case that she and Amber decides that they will watch some movie. She gets her phone and dialled Amber’s number to inform the girl that today she will go to their house.

“Hello?” a weakly voice was heard on the other line. Krystal sensed that Amber is not feeling well.

“Amber, are you okay?” Krystal asked worriedly.

“Yeah... I’m.... *cough* I’m okay, I just have a cold. I’ll be fine.” Amber said groggily.

“You’re absolutely not fine Amber, wait for me I’m going at you.”

“Krys it’s okay, don’t—“ Krystal knew that Amber will not let her go to her house so she quickly ends the call and immediately run downstairs and opens their medicine cabinet. She grabs some medicines and s for Amber’s left arm. As soon as she was done packing things she left their house and headed to Amber’s house.

When she reached Amber’s house, she pressed the doorbell and waited for someone who will open the door for her. When no one seems to respond, she pressed the button again.

“I’m coming!” she heard a voice coming from inside. It was probably her sister Krystal thought.

As the door opens, Krystal eyes widened as she saw a familiar figure standing at the back of the door.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“Suzy?”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Alo! I missed you guys. So here is an update. I have an extra time so I decided to write and besides I need a break from all these schoolworks. Media Law is killing me, it's kinda hard. T.T