Chapter 13

Mystery Song

Amber slowly opens her eyes, let out a yawn and stretches her arms. She looked at the clock beside her. It was 2 in the afternoon; the practice will be around 4pm after the class. She slowly gets up and head downstairs because her stomach keeps on growling and needs to be filled in.

After she finished eating, she heads to the shower and pack her things needed for the practice. She went to school a little bit early. She went straight to their coach office and apologizes for not attending the practice yesterday. As a punishment for Amber, she will clean the whole locker room after the practice. Amber felt a relief that this was her punishment instead of she will be ordered to run many laps around the field or squat or something.

She places her things on the locker room and begins to change her clothes. “They will be here any minute, I better get ready.” She said as she looked at her watch

 

“So that’s it for today, remember to study the lecture we will have a quiz next time.” The teacher said and dismissed the class.

Krystal was packing her things when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

“Hey Krystal.” Her friend Sohyun called her. She was a member also of the Track and Field

“Hi Sohyun, what’s up?” Krystal asked.

“Uhm... Coach texted me today, that there will be a meeting for all the track and field members after the class.” Sohyun said

“Ohh. I see. I’m going to be a bit late. Jiwon and I will edit some parts of our research, but it won’t take long.”

“Okay, I’m just gonna tell the other. See you later!” Sohyun left Krystal. Krystal finishes packing her things and sigh as she saw the paper bag beside her table.

“Aishh. That stupid llama didn’t come today, she make me bring this stupid paper bag again tomorrow!” Krystal mumbled

“Krystal, are you ready to go?” Jiwon asked as she places her bag on her shoulders.

“Y-yeah.” Krystal came back from her trance.

 

Since Amber was the first one to arrive on their practice, she volunteered to get the equipments and places it on the field. She needs to do this so that their coach will be happy for her and she was somewhat hoping for her punishment to be gone. She did some little stretching and a couple of laps around the field.

“Hey llama!” Yuri shouted as she saw Amber.

Amber immediately runs towards where Yuri was. She was with Minho and Jonghyun.

“Why did you not come to practice yesterday?” Jonghyun asked as he was fixing his socks and shoelaces.

“It was a long story... and maybe if I said it, you guys won’t believe.” Amber said as she grab her bottle and gulps some water

“Did you get laid?!” Yuri said making Amber to spit the water.

“YAH. I did not! I’m not a ert like you.” Amber wipes the spilled water on and on her shirt.

“Then tell us what happened!”

“Maybe later, c’mon practice is starting now.” Amber poked her tongue and run into the field together with Minho and Jonghyun, leaving Yuri behind. “Aishh, this llama.” Yuri scratches her head and joins the three immediately.

 

Meanwhile on the library, Krystal and Jiwon are busily editing their research. The two are really immerse on what they are doing. Jiwon finally type the last sentences and they are done.

“Whoah. I can’t believe that we filled up 28 pages!” Jiwon said as she stretches her arms and moves her fingers to relieve some stress due to their research.

“Yeah, we’re finally done!” Krystal high fived Jiwon and the two giggled. She looks at her watch and remembered that she have a meeting with her team. “Jiwon, I better get going... I’m kinda late, I’ve got a meeting.” Krystal packs her things in an instant, waved goodbye to Jiwon and run towards the meeting area.

“I’m sorry I’m late.” Krystal apologizes and bows down as she opens the door of the Track and Field room. She saw Sohyun raises her hands and tap the next vacant seat beside her. Krystal walks towards Sohyun and listened to their coach.

The track and field competition is coming near. The team needs to prepare early so that they can bring home the championship. They will be competing different schools and most of them are really good. Krystal and Sohyun are one of the best players in their team; both of them can run as fast like the wind.  Krystal was already getting bored because the coach always says the same thing once the competitions are coming near. She suddenly advert her attention into the window on her right, she saw the soccer team was practicing really hard on the field. A smile was formed on her face when she saw a certain llama that was playing on the field. She was drenched in sweat which Krystal finds it y and she unconsciously bit her lip as she saw Amber finger combed her hair and wipes her sweat using the hem of her shirt.

“What are you looking at?” Sohyun asked Krystal and looks at the window

“Nothing.” Krystal shakes her head and happily listens to their coach.

 

The practice ended and the players were starting to get home, but not Amber. She will clean their locker room first before going home. She bid goodbye to Minho, Jonghyun and Yuri. She picked up the broom and the dustpan and started cleaning the locker room. She suddenly stopped when she heard a voice from behind.

“Hey llama, need a hand?”

She turned around and found Krystal leaning beside the door. “Hey Krys! Nah, it’s okay. This is my punishment so I gotta do this.”

“Tsk tsk. Punishment for sleeping in the library.” Krystal said and shakes her head.

“Yah, you fell asleep too!” Amber puts aside the broom and dustpan and get the rug and starts cleaning the lockers. “What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be going home?” Amber asked.

“I’ve got a meeting... you know the track and field, the competition is coming near so yeah.” Krystal walks into the nearest chair and sits on it.

“Oh yeah, I heard about that. Well, good luck to you Krys.” Amber said while wiping the last 4 lockers.

“Pfft. I can handle it. I can run fast you know.” Krystal said confidently and Amber just shakes her head. “Hey are you done? I’m hungry, let’s eat!”

Krystal waited for Amber to finish cleaning the locker room. Amber places the equipments on the room and double checks it, making sure that the things is not broken or missing. Krystal saw Amber walking towards her and handed the paper bag immediately to her.

“Here. Thanks for the jacket. I don’t like to carry it anymore so I’m giving it to you.” Krystal said and Amber immediately accepts it.

Amber chuckled. “You’re welcome.” Suddenly Amber notices something on Krystal. “You look different. You have this thing on your head.” Amber pointed the red clip; she bit her lip in order to control her laughter.

Krystal swatted Amber’s hand and turn around. “Yah deal with your own hair!” Krystal began to walk fast and said “The last one to get to the gate will treat the food!” And with that Krystal runs fast towards the gate. Amber knew that she will not be able to catch the girl so she just let her win.