Chapter 7

Mystery Song

Author's POV

“Hey Jiyoung, what do you think of this dress?” Suzy asked as she was reading her new magazine.

“It looks great, I wish I can have one but it is too expensive.” Jiyoung said as she pointed out the price printed on the magazine

Suzy nodded at Jiyoung. Krystal was eating her lunch quietly and suddenly she remembered the incident awhile ago. “AAHH!” Jiyoung and Suzy and the other people near the area where the three of them was seating, was startled as Krystal shouted even Minho who was seating far away from their table was taken aback. Krystal felt shy because of another embarrassing moment she had. She stands up and bows to the people.

“Soo-Jung, what happened?” Jiyoung was worried about Krystal

“Nothing, I just... just remembered something.” Jiyoung was about to open to ask Krystal but she cut her off. “...And don’t ask what it is about because I don’t want to remember it!”

Her two friends just stare each other and just continue eating. They don’t want Krystal to get mad because they knew what will happen when Krystal is mad. You will never like it. Suddenly Krystal’s phone beeps. She receives a message from Jiwon.

Hey Krystal, I’m sorry I can’t do my part on our research paper. I’m really sick; I’m having a high fever. I’m really sorry Krystal but when I feel better immediately, I’ll help you with it.

Krystal just let out a sigh. The paper was due the day after tomorrow, even though they have still time, Krystal wants the work to be finish early so that they won’t cram.

Its okay Jiwon, just drink your medicine and have some rest. I’ll take care of our research.

Krystal packs her things immediately. “Hey guys, I’m going to the library. I won’t attend our class this afternoon, Jiwon said she was sick I’m going to do our research.”

“Ohh, that’s the reason why she was absent today. Well, okay then Krys, see you later!” Jiyoung and Suzy wave goodbye to their friend.

---

Amber went to her usual spot in the library. She was on the back corner, sitting on a single table beside two big shelves.  She is always seating here because this is the part of the library wherein no one would disturb her when she was writing her songs. She plugged her headphones on and began scanning her notes and reading some books as her reference.

The door of the library was opened; Krystal was searching for some perfect spot to do her research. She then finds a quiet place at the back corner; she saw a single table in between two big shelves. “Perfect.” she murmured.

The two is unaware that only a single big shelf was their boundary in between. Amber was really trying hard not to fall asleep, but because of the exhaustion of reading many books she slumps her head onto the table. “Okay 10 minutes... just 10 minutes.” she said to herself before she went off to dreamland. On the other side of the shelf Krystal was really concentrating hard and paying a lot of attention to the details and the answers. “Just a few more lines... okay done!” she said quietly as she saves her document then shuts down her laptop. Although she was done, she needs to read some few books for her references. Krystal decided to take a nap before reading some books. The two went off to dreamland easily because they are tired from studying and reading many books. They are both also oblivious of the time.

Krystal slowly opens her eyes and stretches her arms wide, but when she fully opens her eyes. The library was a bit dark. Krystal starts to panic and scream. “OH MY GOD!”

“Yah! Will you be quiet, we’re in the library for god’s sake!” Krystal heard the voice coming from her left.

Amber was awakened by Krystal’s scream. She was really annoyed because she was dreaming of their championship soccer match and Amber kicks the ball towards the net but  it was cut off and she didn’t know if she scored or not. Amber notices that the library was a bit dark; the only light that was on is near the librarian’s table. She then walks towards the right side of the shelf, when she will have her turn she bumped into someone.

“YAH! Watch where you are going!” Amber was familiar to that voice.

“Krys?” “Amber?” “What are you doing here?!” They both said at the same time.

“I was studying here.” Amber points at the table. “But then I fell asleep.”

“Me too, I was here at I became tired and fell asleep.” Krystal pointed out the table and she realizes that Amber was on the other side. “Wait, what time is it?” Krystal asked.

“Uhmm. It’s 8:30 pm.” Amber said as she looked at her wrist. “OH .” They both said again at the same time.

“I missed practice; I’m really going to be dead tomorrow.” Amber imagines what will going to happen to her tomorrow. She maybe run 30 laps or clean the whole locker room.

Krystal run towards the door and knocks continuously. “Maybe the guard will hear us if we keep on doing this.” Krystal kept on banging the door and twisting the door knob but unfortunately, the lock was on the other side.

“Krys the guards usually take rounds around seven in the evening. They are probably on their posts now.” Amber stopped Krystal hand.

“What are we gonna do?” Krystal was losing hope.

“Your phone... give me your phone!” Amber immediately replies.

“It’s there on the table... but the battery just drained.” Krystal hung her head low but suddenly jolts up “Your phone! Where’s your phone?”

“Yeah, about that... I forgot it at home.” Amber scratches her head.

“WHAT?!” Krystal shouted in disbelief.

They fix their things and went to the shelf near the librarian’s table so that they will have some light. Amber sat slightly far away from Krystal, she wear her jacket because it was getting colder. Krystal put her hands on her face. “What are we going to do now?”

“I don’t know. I guess... we’re trapped.”

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you think guys? Mehe. :)