Chapter 32

Mystery Song

Krystal POV

“I uhh.. I didn’t mean to look... I just thought that no one will be here so... I... I’m sorry.”  I was shocked as I saw her standing at the door. My heart aches when I saw her hurriedly picking up her things and immediately left. As I looked down, I realized that she forgot her pen, her favourite pen. I pick it up and hold it tightly. I rubbed the pen on my shirt removing some dirt attached to it; I don’t want to get dirty because I know how Amber really treasures this pen. And suddenly I felt a tear running down my cheek. I don’t know why I’m crying like this. I quickly wipe it with the back of my right hand so that Minho will not see it. Good thing the bell rang, I can go out to this awkward situation with Minho.

As I go back to the classroom, I saw Amber sitting on her place and staring at the window. What are you thinking, Amber? I really wanted to talk to her but the teacher is already here so I’ll just gonna talk to her after the class. The dismissal came and I pack my things quickly so that I can talk to Amber now.

I was about to call her but Sohyun tapped me on the shoulder telling me that if we can go to practice together. I almost forgot that we have a practice today. I made an excuse not to attend the practice because I really wanted to talk to Amber. I saw Amber walking towards the door, so I quickly get my things and I was about to run but I was blocked again by Jiyoung and Suzy, telling me about some gossips. I told them to tell me some other time because I have to talk to someone. I saw Amber walking towards the corridor, so I speed up my pace but I felt someone grab my wrist and it was Minho. He wanted me to walk me home, but I politely refused. I know he wanted to talk about what happened earlier.

Now, I lost a sight of Amber. I don’t know now where the hell she is! I’ve searched everywhere and contacted our friends asking her whereabouts. I was about to lose hope, I sat on the nearby bench at near the field to rest for a bit. Minutes later, I saw Amber walking at my direction. I know she saw me sitting here but pretended not to see me because she changed her direction.

“Amber! Amber! Wait. I have to tell you something.” I yelled. She stops walking and turns her head at my direction.

“What is it?”

I noticed that her was already gone. “You removed it already?” I saw some little bruises on Amber’s arm that was about to heal. I gently place my hand on those bruises and gently caress it.

“Yeah, I went to Vic unnie. I told her to remove it already.” She gently yanked her arm preventing me not to touch it. “So, is that what you’re gonna say? If yes, then I’ll go now.”

She was about to leave but I grab her wrist preventing her not to. “No... No Amber, that’s not it.”

“Then what is it?”

“I... I uhm... About what you saw earlier...” I don’t even know how to say it.

“What earlier?” She asks.

“You know... You saw me and Minho kissing... Amber what you saw was—“

“Krystal, it’s okay. It’s normal for two people who love each other to kiss. Now, if you’re gonna tell me to forget and not to tell anyone what I saw earlier, I already did and I promise to keep my mouth shut about it.” She said in a cold tone. I hold her wrist once more to forbid her to leave.

“I really need to go, Krys.” She said not looking at me and I held her close instead.

“Krystal, please...” She looks at me with pleading and teary eyes.

 “Please, Krystal... Let me go.” She said the last sentence breathlessly. She gently yanks her arm and even though I didn’t want to do this, I just let her go.

I saw her run her way towards the exit. When I saw her already disappeared, I cry my heart out. “Amber!” I scream at the top of my lungs. I don’t want her to let go. I want her to stay with me. I don’t want to feel like this. And before I regret it, I run as fast as I could. I’m going to search for her and tell her how I really feel.

 

“It’s okay Krystal, everyone has their own fears... and besides I’m here...I- I’ll never le-leave you.”  Amber’s words echoed in my head. I slowly open my eyes and see a llama looking person above me sleeping. She looks so peaceful when sleeping like this. I’ll never forget yesterday, the first time me and Amber spent the night at the library. I let my eyes roam around and I saw the sunlight already pass through the windows, making the library to slowly brighten up. Yesterday was the day I get to know Amber more, she’s not that bad. I was about to stretch my arms but then I realized, I am holding hers. I drop the idea instead.  I caught myself staring at her sleeping face. She made me feel okay when she hugged me and stoked my back because I was afraid of loud thunders. She made me feel safe when she placed her jacket on me just to protect me from the cold. And the moment when we are holding each other’s hand sharing our warmth together until the sun came up, made me feel not to let go of this hand forever.  I was about to poke her cheek but she started to move so I pretend to be asleep.

 

I am now running towards the field, I don’t care if my coach will see me not attending the practice. I don’t care if he will send me to detention or worse to kick me out of the team. I don’t care! I really want to do now is to see Amber and nothing else.

 

It has been my routine that whenever I am the first one to finish the practice I’ll wait for Amber and give her an energy drink. I am now looking at her running around the field defending the ball against the opponent team. One thing I noticed about Amber, when she really wants something she will give her all just to get that. And I know that they will get that championship again. She looks y when she’s doing that hair flip. Oh my god, Krystal what are you thinking? Aish. Oh, there she is. Time to give her the energy drink; I hope the guys won’t be jealous.

I was about to go home but I heard someone calling my name, and it was Suzy. As I approach her, I saw someone lying on her lap and it was Amber. I don’t know why but I somehow feel jealous about it, but I shrugged it off. I saw how Suzy run her fingers along Amber’s short hair; I saw something sparkling in her eyes. And the way smiles as she looks at Amber’s sleeping face, there was something different about it. I think Suzy likes Amber. But why am I feeling jealous? I just wished that I will find that mystery guy soon.

 

My vision is staring to get blur because of my uncontrollable tears running down my face. I suddenly tripped on something causing my left knee to get a scratch because I was running and being oblivious on my surroundings. I immediately get up walk into the nearest bench just to have a look at my now bleeding knee.

 

Since Minho and I started dating, I felt Amber is starting to get distant from me. I don’t know what’s wrong so I decided to go to her place. I saw her doodling on something, wow she’s really good! I don’t know that Amber is good at this. I saw her blush when I complimented her. I was about to start a conversation but I heard my boyfriend calling me so I went towards him.

I finish early than the usual, so I went to the vending machine and buy Amber her favourite drink. I was about to give it to her but. “Is this for me?” Minho grabs it beforehand. I am about to stop him but he already drank it all. Okay, mental note. I’m gonna buy two drinks next time.

I saw Amber playing alone at the field. Tomorrow will be their championship game. I know it’s their rest day but here she is, practicing alone. I am about to run towards her but I think it is better if she will see me with her favourite drink, I know she will be tired and sweaty after. I let out a smile and skip my way onto the field, but upon reaching the field, I accidentally drop the energy drink because I saw Suzy run towards Amber and they hug each other at the field. They seem so happy. Maybe it’s not a good time to interrupt them.

 

I open my bag and luckily I have found two band aids. I cleaned it and I carefully place the band aid on my wound. Good thing it was only a scratch. When I’m already feeling better, I slowly stand up and walk towards the hallway towards the exit gate.

 

I saw the opponent’s player pushed Amber to the ground. Aissh! Stupid referee, why you didn’t even saw that?! She passed the ball to Minho and goal! They won the game. Me and the girls are very happy because our school won the championship match! I was searching at the field to find a sight of Amber but I failed. We entered the court wherein the victory party is being held. I was hoping to see Amber but I failed again. Where the hell is she?! I was asking where she is until the janitor told me that she saw her at the infirmary.

 

I was walking along the corridor until I bumped into someone. The impact is really strong so it caused me to fall behind.

 

“So uhm... I’m gonna go this way now. Bye, Krystal”

 

I get up quickly and brush the dirt at the back of my uniform. I heard the person saying sorry to me but, I don’t pay attention to him. Instead, I just bow and leave. I need to get out and find Amber.

 

I really don’t want Amber to go, I wanted her to stay. When she walk towards me and hugs me, my arms automatically wrap itself to Amber’s neck. I feel safe in her arms. I feel my heart beating faster and I start to feel something funny inside my stomach. I am lost in our own world when she buried her face on the crook of my neck. And in return my hand travels up and massages her short hair. I like to stay in this moment forever with Amber. She made me feel something that I never felt before even when I am with Minho. I am planning to pull back to see her face because I feel a sudden urge to kiss her. I want to feel her lips on mine but then, my phone starts ringing and it was Minho.

“You better go back, don’t let Minho worry about you.” But I am more worried about you.

“You’re not coming with me?” Please Amber say yes! Stay with me.

“No... I have to go home... I have to take a rest.”

“Do you want to walk you home?”  I can’t let you walk alone, you’re injured!

“No Krys, I’m fine. Just go and enjoy the party, don’t worry about me... Goodbye now, Krystal.”

I saw Amber walk through the door. I wanted to stop her but I just let out a whisper. I walk towards the door and grab a hold of the knob. I am thinking whether to follow her or not. I just stare at the door and minutes later Minho came and knocks me out of trance.

 

I immediately run fast as I remember everything that had happened. Now, I just don’t know where to go, I just let my feet drag me anywhere.  I suddenly came to stop and sit at a bench because I’m already feeling tired and if I will continue I will surely collapse. I close my eyes for a bit to have a rest. The smell of the ddeukbokki and the little sound of the waves cause me to slowly open my eyes. And then I realized I was at the Han River, sitting on the same spot where Amber and I used to sit before.

I put my hands on my face and start to cry again. Who am I kidding?! Telling Amber that what she saw was nothing?! Krystal, you are so stupid! You are not Amber’s girlfriend; you’re just a friend Krystal! I belong to someone else; I belong to Minho not to Amber. I always wished that I will caught the mystery guy and we will gonna end up together, and now everything seems to be as planned and I thought I’m gonna be happy but I guess not. I’m not inlove with Minho, even though he’s the piano guy but it turned out that I am inlove with my bestfriend. Now, everything is all clear to me now and the best thing to do now is to love her from a distance.  Amber doesn’t deserve me, she deserves someone else better.

 

“Hey krys.”  She tapped me on the shoulder.

“Move a little closer...  Just look at the bridge okay?”

 

I gently wipe my tears and look at my watch to check on the time and I smiled.

 

“5... 4...3..”

 

“2... 1...” And the bridge lights up and the fountain at the sides bursting up in sync to the music that is being played.

 

“I love you, Amber.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, did you have a hard time reading it? Huhu. Mianhe. These are just flashbacks but in Krystal's POV so that you can also know her side. She remembered everything that happened back then and these flashbacks help her to realize her feelings towards Amber. So yeah. Thank you guys for waiting patiently always for my update, I was really busy in the past weeks and I wasn't really feeling well so I had to rest. Thanks for the upvotes, subscribers and comments I really appreciate it. Saranghae! <3