Chapter 34

Mystery Song

Amber has been staring at Minho’s ringing phone when she heard a flushing sound coming from the bathroom. Minho patted his hands on his pants to dry his wet hands. He was about to get his phone from Amber, but Amber moves it away.

Amber stared Minho with disbelief. Minho is still confused not until he heard that his phone is ringing, and then realization strikes him.

“How could you?”

“I-I’m...” Minho starts to stutter and he hung his head low. And suddenly Amber throw a punch on him making a little cut on his lips.

“So it’s true huh? How could you stole my demo?!” Amber accidently drops his phone and grab Minho by his collar. Amber is beyond furious. She can’t believe that her bestfriend will do that to her. She can easily forgive Minho if he steals something else, but that demo, she can’t forgive anyone because it is something that is precious to her.

“I will explain okay?!” Minho yelled as he swatted Amber’s hands on his collar.

Amber gives in. She removes her hand and listens to Minho.

 “You know that, I’m truly, madly, deeply in love with Krystal Jung. I’ll do everything just to make her mine. By the time that she started hanging out in our group, I am so happy Amber, but I’m feeling really jealous whenever I’ll saw you two together... One time, I heard Suzy and Jiyoung talking about Krystal’s mystery guy; my heart broke when I heard that.”

Amber looks at Minho with questions in her eyes. “So you’re not..?”

“And then I remember the time when you bumped into me...” Minho didn’t answer her question. “You were like running for your life, and when you left me Krystal also bumped into me...” Minho chuckled remembering the scene. “Then I realized later that you two might be chasing each other and fooling around...”

Minho walks towards the window and he lean his both hands on the sides as he looks at the view in front of him. “Then on the next day, I heard Suzy and Krystal talking about the mystery guy. Krystal said that he heard the guy playing at the music room...” Minho turned around and looks at Amber “...but the guy ran away.” It make Amber look at Minho, she is starting to form something in her mind but she wanted to confirm it first, so she let Minho finish his story.

“I was really beginning to get curious who the person might be, but then I was walking towards the library when I heard someone playing on the music room. I was about to ignore it but I remember Krystal’s mystery guy so I slowly walk towards the room...” Amber starts to feel nervous.

 “And when I peek at the small space at the door...” Minho pauses for a moment and looks at Amber seriously.

“I saw you.”

Amber was shocked. She didn’t know what to say like her tongue just cut off. “If you are wondering how did I get your demo, do you remember the time when I was giving your jersey?” Amber scrunches her brows as she was remembering. “... I was calling you for so many times, and when I look at your table, I saw some music sheets and that make me believe that you might be the guy that Krystal is talking about...”

Minho put a finger on his lips to wipe some little blood. “It was on Luna’s birthday, when I finally got your demo. I pretended that my laptop crashed so that I can borrow yours.”

After Minho said the last sentence, Amber punches him again on his face. “How could you Minho?!” Amber tightens her fist again and throws another punch on Minho making him off balance and landed on the floor.

“Because I will do anything... anything for Krystal to be only mine!” Minho retorted back.

When Minho is about to stand up, Amber prevents him. She grabs him by the collar and pushes him again on the floor. “I’m the real mystery guy! How dare you steal that demo from me, you’re my bestfriend...” Amber starts to cry and realizes that if Minho never took that song, she and Krystal will now end up together, and the pain that she was experiencing right now will be nothing. “If you didn’t steal my song, me and Krystal will be happy together!”

Minho bitterly chuckled when he heard what Amber said “But what did you do Amber?! You’re always running away! You’re always running away from her, whenever she hears you playing the song. She’s chasing you for god’s sake!” Amber loosens her grip on Minho’s collar. He is right she thought. She was always escaping whenever the door is being opened. She moves away from Minho to give him a space and sits on the floor while leaning her back on the wall. Amber covers her face with her two hands; she is regretting why she always escaping from the music room.

“Did you ever think that maybe the girl who is opening that door will be Krystal?” Minho stands up and sits close to Amber. He wipes the blood from her lips and patted Amber’s shoulders. “I’m sorry for getting your demo, Amber. I just did that because I love Krystal.”

Amber looks at Minho with teary eyes. “And I love her too.”

Minho sighed. The two remained silent for a while and not moving an inch, it seems that they are thinking of something deeply. Amber decided to break the ice by letting out a soft chuckle making Minho look at her.

“What so funny?” Minho asks.

“Your face... your lips is so pouty.” Amber begins to laugh so as Minho. They laugh like there’s nothing happened between the two of them but then, the laugh died down when Amber asks Minho again.

“Do you really love her?”

“I do Amber, I really do.” Amber nodded. She believes that Minho really loves Krystal more than she does, so Amber make up her mind, it is a decision between her friendship and love.

“Then, promise me one thing, don’t make her cry because if you do, I’ll make you pay.” And with that Amber stands up and walks away. She is biting her lips to suppress the tears and for Minho to not hear her cry.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for not updating lately. I know this is a crappy chapter but I'll make it up to you guys. Huhu. *hiding*