Chapter 12

Mystery Song

“Hey llama, I’m going now! Don’t do anything stupid okay?!” Jackie shouted at Amber’s door. “If you’re hungry, there’s food inside the fridge just heat them up.”

“Okay! Take care sis, see you later!” Amber shouted back.

Amber was really immersed on what she was doing. She was writing some verses that will fit into the tune that was in her mind. She suddenly felt tired and her neck is really hurting, it somewhat gives her distraction on her writing.

“Well, this is a good start.” Amber looks at the 2 page notebook that was filled with lyrics that she wrote. She stretches her arms and closes the notebook. She slumped immediately to her bed with arms spread wide. “Ahh, I miss you bed.” She closes her eyes and drifted to sleep.

 

---

Krystal was in a good mood today. She even sings inside the shower while taking a bath. She put her uniform with extra care. She opens her drawer that was full of accessories; she began to try everything from ribbons, headbands, clips, earrings, etc... “I can’t find any! UGH.” Until she finally decided that she will just wear a simple red clip with a ribbon on it. She looked for a paper bag on her room, and when she found one, she neatly folded Amber’s jacket and carefully place it inside the paper bag. “There, all done!”

She packed her things and went down the stairs immediately. Krystal sat on the table and began eating.

“Wow, this looks so delicious!” Krystal said and shoves the food inside .

Jessica notices something different on Krystal. She was in a good mood today she thought. In reality, Krystal isn’t really a morning person; she was really difficult to wake up every morning.

“It seems that you’re in a good mood today.” Jessica blurted out.

Krystal just hums in response. She just continues eating her food. Jessica divert her eyes on Krystal’s hair, she let out a chuckle seeing that her sister was wearing a red ribbon clip.

“What’s the matter?” Krystal asked.

“Yah Soojung, tell me the truth...” Jessica swallowed her food before continuing her sentence. “Are you dating someone?” Jessica pointed the chopsticks in front of Krystal.

Krystal laughed. “What?! No. Of course not!” Krystal just shakes her head and shoves another food in .

“Then why are you wearing that clip on your head?” Jessica asked.

“Why?” Krystal touches the red clip. “Does it look bad?” Krystal suddenly became conscious of her hair. “Aissh, I should’ve worn the blue one instead.” Krystal murmured.

Jessica let out a chuckle. “It’s fine, don’t remove it.” ‘She’s really growing up, Jessica.’ The older sister thought. Jessica stares at her sister with a wide smile on her face.

Krystal notices it and suddenly become a bit annoyed. “Unnie! Stop staring.” Krystal places her hands in front of Jessica’s face.

“Okay... okay. Just tell me why you are wearing that today.” Jessica asked.

“Uhmm. Nothing. Just you know... trying some new look today.” Krystal said without looking at her sister. Jessica just shrugged it off because she knew that her sister was starting to like someone.

While eating, Krystal was having a deep thought. She was thinking why she is being like this. She never wears a clip before when coming to school. She doesn’t care what she will look like. She even added extra sprays of her favourite perfume today.

“Yah Soojung, hurry up we’re going to be late now.” Jessica said as she put her plates on the kitchen sink and Krystal was back on her trance.

Upon reaching the school, Krystal waved goodbye to her sister and immediately walks towards her classroom with a big smile on her face. Upon reaching the classroom, there were few people that were already there. Krystal sits on her chair and began talking to her seatmate Jiyoung.

“What’s up with the new hairdo?” Jiyoung asked.

“Nothing, I just wanna try a new look.” Krystal said. She starts to flip some pages of her book to read the next topic while waiting for their teacher.

Minho who was always an early bird in the classroom, can’t take his eyes off to Krystal. Yuri and Jonghyun began teasing the lover boy.

“Here.” Jonghyun handed the handkerchief to Minho.

“What’s that for?” Minho asked.

“You’re drooling.” Yuri teased.

Minho immediately wipes off his mouth, but when he notices that there was nothing there, he playfully punches the two on the arm.

Krystal keeps looking at her watch and at the door. When she will hear someone opening the door of the classroom, she will immediately look at it but ending up disappointed.

“Are you waiting for someone? Why are you always looking at the door?” Jiyoung asked.

“N-no... I’m not. I’m just waiting for our teacher, h-he’s kinda late.” Krystal stuttered.

“Hmm. It’s still early Krys.” Jiyoung looked at her watch.

“Ohh really? Maybe my watch is a bit advance, that’s why.” Krystal let out an awkward laugh and tuck her hair behind her ears.

‘Maybe she’s going to be late’ Krystal said on her mind and looks at the paper bag beside her.

The first period came and so as the second, third and fourth. Krystal was really feeling sad because she was waiting for someone but she didn’t see her today. It was lunch time and the people were busy eating with their friends on the cafeteria.

Krystal was unconsciously looking at the table not far from them, wherein Amber’s friends was eating.

‘Maybe she’s going to be absent today’ Krystal mumbled.

“What did you say Krys?” Jiyoung asked.

“W-What? Did I just say something?”

“Yeah, I heard you mumbling some words.” Suzy said as she was shoving food into .

“What’s happening to you? You’re a bit spacing out.” Jiyoung said worriedly

“Maybe... I’m just tired. Let’s just eat okay.” Krystal low-spiritedly said.

 

 

On the other side of the table not far away from them...

“She looked at me!” Minho said with happiness on his face

“Who?” Yuri asked

“Krystal.” Minho’s face was turning pink

“Let me see.” Jonghyun looked over and saw Krystal wasn’t looking at him. “Yah, she’s not looking at you... She’s looking at her food!” Jonghyun smacks the head of his friend

“B-but... B-b-ut!”

“No buts! Just eat Minho, maybe you’re just hungry.” Yuri said laughing

“Okay.” Minho hung his head low and began eating his food.