Chapter 27

Mystery Song

Amber wakes up early than the usual. Before she will head down for breakfast, she so some stretches before going to the bathroom to shower. She looks at her jersey hanging at the back of her door. “Today is the day, Amber Liu!”

After she finished preparing herself, she grabs her bag that she prepared last night and heads down for breakfast. She saw Jackie eating at the dinner table while her mom was busy preparing stuff at the kitchen counter.

“And the ball passes to Liu, she drives her way to the other players and she kicked... and goal!” Jackie said as she saw her little llama.

“Aww, Jackie.”

“Yah, I’ll be watching your game today, so make me proud!”

“I won’t let you down sis. I promise to give my best in the game.”

 

As Amber arrived at the soccer team’s locker room, she saw Yuri, Minho and Jonghyun already there. She went to the changing room to change her clothes to her jersey. After she changed, she sit beside her friends who are busy putting on their gears for the match.

“Hey guys are you ready to kick some asses?!” Yuri said making the three laughs.

“Of course we are, I want to claim that championship so hard!” Jonghyun dramatically said

The game will be held at their school so it is somewhat an advantage for Amber’s team because they knew too well what they will do on the field. As soon as they finished putting up all of their gears they head outside the waiting room. They are surprised as they saw their friends waiting for them. Sulli, Jiyoung, Luna, Suzy and Krystal are all present to cheer for them. They even brought a banner and a big thumb up sign that they placed on their hand. The four run their way towards their friends.

“Goodluck guys! I hope you’ll get the trophy!” Luna cheered

“If you guys won, treat us food as a payment for cheering you guys.” Jiyoung said

As the others are having their chitchat, Minho walks towards her girlfriend.

“Hey...”

“Good luck today, Minho.” Krystal said.

“About what happened—“

“Its fine Minho, it’s really okay.” Krystal cut him. Minho just gave her smile.

Amber saw on the side of her eyes that Minho and Krystal is having a conversation. She just turns around, her back facing them so that she won’t feel jealous at them. They heard the whistle blows and the coach called them to get out on the field. It’s game time. The four waved goodbye at their friends at the waiting room. Amber bid goodbye to everyone except for Krystal.

Amber let the other guys ahead to go to the field because her shoelaces are untied. When she was done, she thought that her friends are already gone to go to the audience seats but she saw Krystal looking at her and mouthed “fighting” and held her fist into the air. Amber just smiled and bows at her, then she run her way to the exit to catch up with her teammates.

As the game started, the two teams are both heated up. The other team was eager to protect their championship title while the other one was hungry to get the crown back. Jonghyun was the first to make the first field goal. They all hug each other because of their happiness. When the game was on half time, the other team was ahead of two points. 2-4. The team needs to get two field goals in order to make the score even.

Two minutes are remaining from the clock. The score now is tied with 4-4. You can see on the player’s faces that they are all very tired and worn out. If no one will get a field goal before the game clock, they will have overtime. Amber didn’t want that to happen because she knew that all of her teammates are dead tired already. She steals the ball from the opponent and run her way towards the field goal. She tries to protect the ball with all her might. She was already near the goal when the opponent’s player pushed her hard, good thing she saw Minho beforehand so she passed the ball to him so that the ball wouldn’t be taken by the opponent.

“Minho! Kick it!” was the last thing that Amber said before she went off balance because the opponent player pushed her really hard. Unfortunately the referee didn’t see it but the whole audience do. Amber landed on the floor by her left arm, she felt that her left hand was twisted but she didn’t care for it at the moment. She looked up and saw Minho kicked the ball. She was praying hard that the ball will go straight to the net.

“And it’s a goal!” the commentator said.

Amber was really happy that they won the game. She gets up and she suddenly felt a strong pain from her left arm. She saw Minho being lifted by the teammates and pouring all the water from the container to him. Amber smiled at the scenery in front of her. As much as she wanted to join the fun, she went straight to the infirmary instead. The pain on her left arm is really aching badly.

Victoria unnie aided Amber immediately. She put some medication on Amber’s arm and cleans the little wounds at Amber’s knees and elbows.

“You really did a good job, Amber.” Victoria said as she wraps the on Amber’s left arm.

“We all did, unnie.”

“I thought the bone has a fracture but good thing it is only a sprain... because the team won the game today and you didn’t cry while I’m treating you, I’ll give you this!” Victoria handed a big lollipop to Amber.

Amber chuckled at the act of her unnie. “Thanks unnie, I’m a big kid now you know.” She takes the lollipop and put it inside her bag.

Amber decided to stay for a while at the infirmary; she just wants to take a rest for a while.

She looks at her watch and she thought that the victory party is already starting. She got off on the bed and changes her clothes to a comfortable one and bid goodbye to Victoria unnie.

As she gets out of the clinic, she saw a girl standing on the hallway walking towards her direction. She was about to scream because she thought that it was a ghost, but it turned out to be Krystal.

“Jesus! I thought you’re a white lady or something... I don’t do that again.” Amber said

But Krystal didn’t mind Amber’s ranting, because she saw the on Amber’s arm. “Is it badly hurt?” Krystal moves forward and touches Amber’s arms carefully and looks at her with worried eyes.

Amber softens as Krystal gently caress her arm, somewhat doing it to lessen the pain. “A b-bit... But i-it’s okay now.” Amber stuttered. “What are you doing here Krystal? Aren’t you supposed to be at the party?” Amber said as they begin to walk at the corridor.

“Yeah but I didn’t saw you there so, I asked... and one of them said that you’re hear so yeah.” Krystal cling her arm around Amber’s left arm and starts caressing it with her thumb. “I’m here because I wanted to give you this.” Krystal handed the energy drink to Amber.

They stopped when they reached the end of the hallway; the other way is leading to the court where the victory party is being held, while the other way is leading to the exit. Amber smiled and takes the drink from Krystal. “Thanks.”

“You really did a good job out there, Amber.”

“Thanks... and you guys did a good job too because you cheered for us.” Amber patted Krystal’s head making the other girl slightly blushed but Amber didn’t see it. “So uhm... I’m gonna go this way now.” She said as she pointed the hallway with leads to the exit. “Bye, Krystal.” Amber waves her hand and Krystal waves her hand too. The two have been staring each other for quite a while now, they already bid their goodbyes but no one seems to make a first move to walk away.

But then, Amber makes the first move, but instead of walking towards the door, she walks towards to Krystal. The other girl didn’t move so Amber takes it as her opportunity to hug Krystal. Amber put her arms around Krystal’s waist and not so long after, Krystal put her arms around Amber’s neck. Amber closes her eyes as Krystal hugs her back, she bit her lip in order to stop herself from crying once more. This is what all Amber is ever wanted, to have Krystal in her arms... only in her arms. The hug lasted for a long time; it seems that neither of the two is willing to let each other go.

Amber buried her face on the crook of Krystal’s neck and starts inhaling Krystal’s scent. How Amber wished that she wished that she will do it all the time. As Amber buried her face on Krystal’s neck, Krystal’s tightens her arms around the girl’s neck. Krystal’s one hand slowly travelled up and reached Ambers hair, she slowly and gently massage the girl’s short hair with her soft hands. Amber felt like it was ecstasy. She closes her eyes as she savour this precious moment with her Krystal. Amber tightens her arms around Krystal’s waist. All of the unspoken love of Amber to Krystal is being said to that hug, she doesn’t know if the girl somewhat felt it. Krystal closes her eyes as Amber tightens her arms. The two seems they are drowned in their own world. They are just standing in the middle of the hallway sharing each other’s warmth.

As much as they wanted to stay like that forever, their hug suddenly broke when Krystal’s phone starts to ring. They released each other and Krystal checks on her phone. Amber saw that Minho is calling her, but Krystal didn’t answer her phone because she knew that her boyfriend is looking for her.

“You better go back, don’t let Minho worry about you.” Amber said breaking the awkward atmosphere.

“You’re not coming with me?” Krystal asked Amber hoping that the girl will say yes.

“No... I have to go home... I have to take a rest.”

“Do you want me to walk you home?” Krystal asked as she cling her arm at Amber.

“No Krys, I’m fine. Just go and enjoy the party, don’t worry about me.” Amber gently removes her hand. Amber starts to walk away but still facing Krystal. “Goodbye now, Krystal.” She waves and smiles but the girl seems to be sad. Amber turns around and starts heading for the door. When she was about to open the door, she turn her head again and saw Krystal remain unmoved, she just waved again and saw Krystal waved back, then Amber headed through the door.

“Amber” Krystal left a soft whisper as she saw the girl disappeared.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dun..Dun..Dun. Hahaha. The reason why I'm updating this fic fast is because I really want the story to end, but I guess I was wrong. Haha. I'm sorry if I may not update this fic fast in the succeeding days because I have tons of schoolworks to do, I hope you all understand. :( But I wont leave this fic, I promise. Thank you guys for always reading this and for posting your comments below. I love you guys, you're all awesome. <3