Chapter 14

Mystery Song

Krystal obviously was the first one to get to the school’s front gate, when she turn around and saw Amber just walking; she pouted and places her hands on her hips.

“Yah! I thought you’re going to run too.” Krystal pouted.

“I’m tired okay? And besides you run faster than me.” Amber reasoned out but Krystal pout even more making Amber laugh at her cuteness. “Come on lets go, I’m hungry too.” Amber ruffled Krystal’s making the other girl slightly blushed at the sudden action. Amber immediately withdraws her hand back and clears . “L-let’s g-go.” Amber stuttered and began to move while Krystal follows behind her.

Amber wants to bring Krystal to the Han River; the place where Amber goes with if ever she has problems or just to relax. She drags Krystal into the ddeukbokki stand and let Krystal to order the food.

“Hmm...” Krystal was thinking of what she will be ordering. “3 orders of this please.” Amber wondered why Krystal ordered for three persons while there is just the two of them. “Why did you order too much?”

“What too much?” Krystal can’t take her eyes on the food while the vendor was preparing it.

“You ordered 3 while there are just two of us?” Amber asked again.

“Oh...” Krystal faced Amber “I’m gonna eat the 2 orders, just take the other one.” Krystal smiled and gets the food. She smiled widely as the vendor handed it to her. “Thank you.” Krystal bows then faced Amber “Now you pay.” Krystal walks away and find a nearest vacant bench along the Han River.

Amber just let out a chuckle and shakes her head. She fishes her wallet in her pocket and gives the payment to the vendor.

“What a beautiful girlfriend you have.” The vendor said to Amber making her blush a little.

Amber waves her hand telling the vendor that she was getting the wrong idea. “No! She is not my girlfriend...” Amber scratches the back of her neck “To tell you the truth, we just became friends yesterday.” Amber chuckled.

“Oh I’m sorry.” The vendor apologizes “It is just you two looks like a couple. And you are very handsome.”

Amber lets out an awkward laugh. She was always mistaken as a boy ever since but it was okay with her. “I’m a girl, ahjumma. But its okay, I get that all the time.” Amber shows off her dorky smile.

“I’m sorry again...” The vendor opens her fridge and gets 2 drinks and gives it to Amber. “Here, this is for you and for your friend, don’t worry it’s free.”

“Thank you, ahjumma.” Amber accepts it and bows to the vendor.

Before Amber turns away the vendor calls her again. “Hey kid, I still think you two are a good couple, even if you’re a girl.” Amber earned a blush again and let out a laugh and waves goodbye to the ahjumma.

“What took you so long?” Krystal is still not touching her food because she wants to wait for Amber so that they will eat together.

“I’m sorry Krys, the ahjumma there give me these.” She handed one drink to Krystal and sat beside her. “She said I look handsome so she gave me this for free!” Amber smiled dorkily to Krys.

“Handsome my .” Krystal rolled her eyes and begins to eat her food.

“Why? Don’t you find me handsome?” Amber leans a bit forward to Krystal.

“No because you look like a llama.” Krystal said and pokes her tongue out.

“Okay.” Amber pouted and hung her head low.

Krystal chuckled as Amber pouted. “Yah. Eat your food before it gets cold.” Amber stayed still and sulking but she was only pretending.

When Krystal saw that Amber is still not moving, she picks up the toothpick and gets a ddeukbokki and extends her arms into Amber. “Aah. Say ahhh.”

Amber turned her head and saw Krystal was about to feed her. She slowly opens but when she will swallow the food, Krystal immediately pulls out her hand and shoves the food inside .

“Hmm, yummy!” Krystal chewed happily and Amber just staring at her. “It’s delicious Amber, now EAT!” Krystal said and giving off a cold aura towards Amber making the girl to shiver and starts to dig in with her food. When Krystal saw Amber obeyed, she smiled.

The two silently eat their food. Amber was glancing Krystal occasionally, seeing that the girl was enjoying eating her food. ‘She’s really weird Amber, and she has an appetite of a man.’   Amber looked at her empty container while Krystal was just starting onto her second order and still she looks very hungry.

Amber looked t her wrist; she saw that there were only a few seconds left before the bridge will light up and the fountain will start to dance into the rhythm of the music. She knew that they are on a great spot when viewing the bridge.

“Hey krys.” Amber tapped her shoulder

“What?” Krystal said while chewing some food.

“Move a little closer.” Krystal move a bit beside Amber. “Just look at the bridge okay?” The latter just nodded. “5...4...3...2...1!”

The bridge lights up and the fountain on the side burst up in sync to the song that was playing. The bridge changes its color every time the beat of the song changes. Krystal was amazed by the view in front of her, she knew that the bridge is like this but she never knew that it was very beautiful when you are looking to it very closely.

“Wow. It’s beautiful!” Krystal said who still at awe on the view.

“Yeah it is. That’s why I like hanging out here.”

It was really getting dark and they both needed to go home. As much as they wanted to stay longer and watch the bridge, they can’t because they have to do their home works and study for the upcoming quizzes.

“Thanks for today, Am.” Krystal said while they are walking side by side. Their hands are slightly touching each other but they are oblivious about it.

“No problem...” They reached Krystal’s house without knowing it. “So, see you at lunch tomorrow?”

“Huh? Lunch?” Krystal wondered.

“Yeah, I promised you last time to table with us during lunch remember? You’re my friend now Krys.” Amber grinned.

Krystal just weakly smiled, she feels excited about it but at the same time she’s worried too. Amber noticed it and immediately comforted the girl. “Don’t worry, they don’t bite. If you want, Jiyoung and Suzy can tag along too. ”

Krystal smiled at the idea. “Okay! Lunch it is.”

“Alright then, bye now. Goodnight Krystal.”

“Goodnight Am, see you tomorrow.”