Chapter 37

Mystery Song

Krystal is searching for her tumbler while walking towards the cafeteria. Minho noticed that Krystal is no longer beside him so he turned around.

“Is there something wrong?” Minho asked.

“I forgot to bring my tumbler with me.” Krystal answered.

“Okay, just go ahead to the cafeteria. I’ll be back.” But before Minho takes another step; Krystal stops him by grabbing his arm.

Krystal shakes her head “No, I’ll get it. You go ahead.”

“Are you sure?” Krystal just nodded and went back to the classroom.

 

Minho walks towards the food counter to buy lunch for him and Krystal. Suzy stand beside Minho in front of the food counter.

“Yah, when will you stop Minho?” Suzy said while looking at the counter

“What nonsense are you talking about?”

“Hey frog, you know what I’m talking about!” Suzy slammed the tray on the table causing a few people to look at her.

“Did you just call me a frog?” Minho sounded pissed off

“Yes... a frog! F-R-O-G... I don’t believe you Minho. How could you do this to her? She’s your bestfriend! She didn’t do anything bad against you. You’re so selfish!”

After putting some food at the tray, Minho left ignoring what Suzy is saying. Suzy chase after Minho and grabbed his arm forcefully. “Yah! How dare you walk out while I’m trying to say something?!”

“Look Suzy, I’m doing this because I love Krystal.” Minho places the tray on the nearby table and turned to Suzy. “I thought we agreed upon this before, Krystal is mine and Amber will be yours. Aren’t you happy that I helped you?” Minho crosses his arms.

“No! Did you see how Amber is suffering because of what you’ve done? She’s not the Amber we used to know like before!” Suzy’s words are filled with anger that she was on the verge of crying. “We both know the truth Minho and I’m going to do something about this.” Suzy held her fist together like she was ready to punch Minho anytime.

“I know you can’t do that... because you’re a coward.” Minho smirked. “How come you didn’t tell them the truth before?” Minho walks closer to Suzy. “Ahh! Because if Krystal will know the truth, then Amber will never be yours... “ Minho whispered to Suzy and said “Then you become selfish too.” And that makes Suzy tear up

Suzy pushes Minho away and slapped him on the cheek. “How come you endure this doing to your bestfriend?” Suzy wipes her tears using the back of her hand. “This time, I will not be a coward anymore and I’m gonna do something about this.” Suzy said while looking straight to Minho’s eyes and that gave him a sign that what Suzy is telling is real. Suzy started to walk away leaving Minho behind still touching is reddened cheek. But Suzy stopped and turned to Minho again. “If you have still a heart, you’ll gonna do the right thing. I still believe in you, Minho. Think about it.”

Suzy went straight to the bathroom after that talk. She washes her face with water to freshen up then look straight to the mirror. She then smiled. After gaining the confidence, she went out and head towards the classroom hoping to find Amber inside. While walking in the hallway, her eyes caught attention on the tiny pieces of paper lying on the ground near the trash bin. At first she was about to pick it all and place all the pieces of paper inside the bin, but she noticed that the paper is not just an ordinary writing paper but a musical sheet. Her eyes widened. She compiles all the bits of papers including the ones that are inside the trash bin. She didn’t care if people will gonna see her. After picking the all the pieces, she tries to attach the two big pieces and it formed the title of the song. Her eyes grow big more when she noticed the handwriting. It belongs to Amber. “No.” She mouthed.

The door suddenly opened causing Suzy to startle a bit. She saw Krystal coming out of the room. She immediately hides the pieces of paper inside her pocket.

“Oh Suzy, what are you doing here?” Krystal said after closing the door.

“I was just... uhm. I was wondering if you saw Amber somewhere?” Suzy asked.

After hearing the word ‘Amber’ Krystal softens a bit coz she remembered her last conversation with her. “I didn’t see her.” Krystal softly spoke. Eventhough she and Amber are not in good terms lately, she misses the girl already. She knew she can never hate her no matter what.

“O-okay.”

“I’ll get going.” Krystal said. But before she can walk away Suzy hugged her making the girl confused. “Is there something wrong?”

“Nothing. I just wanna hug you. I want you to be happy Krys.” Suzy smiled and let go of the hug. “You go now; I bet you’re really really hungry right now.” Krystal playfully slapped Suzy’s arm and laughed.

 

After Krystal left, Suzy went inside the classroom. She opened the classroom cabinet and luckily she found a tape. She immediately went to her table and fixes the pieces all together.

 

Two days after Luna’s birthday...

“Congratulations Krystal! I’m so happy for you and Minho!” Jiyoung hugged her bestfriend

“Our Minho is really a man now!” Jonghyun playfully ruffled Minho’s hair, making Minho to slightly hit Jong’s stomach “Yah.”

“You two look good together, I envy you Krys.” Suzy said and chuckled.

“Don’t worry; someone will come for you Suzy.” Krystal said.

Suzy weakly laughed and looks at Minho. “What? Minho is the real mystery guy? This can’t be.” Suzy thought. She was awaken from her trance when Krystal called Amber. She can see through Amber’s eyes that she was hurting.

When Minho excuses himself to go to the bathroom, Suzy took this chance to have a talk with him. She was standing outside and patiently waited for Minho to go out from the bathroom.

“Minho!” Suzy called him.

“Yes Suzy?” Minho said while drying his hands.

Suzy’s hands starting to sweat and she is biting her lip hesitating if she will going to say this or what. “Uhm... I just wanna ask if...”

“What is it Suzy?”

“Are you the real mystery guy that Krystal is talking about?” There was a moment of silence. Minho could only stare at Suzy. Suzy’s eyes are searching for the truth.

 “Of course I am, what makes you think I’m not?” Minho flashes his charming smile to somewhat convince the girl. He started to walk away but he stopped when he heard Suzy blurted out.

“The song... it belongs to Amber isn’t it?” Minho widened his eyes and slowly turned around.

Minho started to laugh and slowly walk towards Suzy. He looked around him to be sure that no one will going to eavesdrop their conversation. “Look, let’s just say I borrowed it okay?” Minho smirked.

Suzy can’t believe what Minho just said to her. “So... it’s true then!”

“Hmm yeah.” Minho shrugged. “I know you like Amber, and I like Krystal. Why don’t we make a deal?”

“Deal?”

“Yeah, what you’re going to do is to keep your mouth shut about this. When I get Krystal to believe that I’m really the guy, then she will always be with me. And in return, you can have Amber. So what do you say Suzy?” Minho extends his hand in order for Suzy take.

Suzy just finished putting the last piece of paper. And the paper turned out to be the first page of a certain song. She wondered where could be the second page go. She searched everywhere but there’s no sign of it.

She promised herself that she will gonna fix everything just like what she did in fixing this music sheet. She doesn’t want Amber to give up. Suddenly a tear fell on Suzy’s cheeks, and without even knowing she found herself standing at the door of the rooftop.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next chap will be posted in a while. =)