Chapter 10

Mystery Song

The both of them spend a night together inside the library. Their hands are still intertwined with each other, sharing each other’s warmth on a cold rainy night. Amber was peacefully sleeping with her head leaning against the slightly pulled out book, her nose occasionally twitches and is slightly open producing some quiet snores. Krystal was peacefully sleeping on Amber’s thigh too; at times she will mumble some incoherent words or will suddenly move making Amber wake up a little. With Amber half awakened, she will occasionally caress Krystal’s head making the later to sleep calmly and to stop her from moving. After awhile, Amber will soon drifted again to sleep.

The rain has finally stopped, and after awhile the semi-dark library was beginning to brighten up because of the light coming from the sun that was passing through the windows. Krystal’s body begins to move and slightly opens up her eyes. She was about to stretch her arms, when she realized that she was holding into Amber’s hands. She dropped the idea about stretching out because she thought that it might wake up Amber. Krystal looks up and finds a sleeping llama face above her. She giggled by the way Amber snores and twitches her nose when sleeping; she finds it cute. She then found Amber’s other hand above her head, she was thinking that maybe Amber was caressing her head while she was sleeping. Krystal blushed at the sudden thought; she can get rid of the smile that was forming on her face.

Krystal was about to poke Amber’s cheek but Amber is starting to move. Krystal immediately closed her eyes pretending to be asleep again. Amber finally opens her eyes and notices that it was already morning. She gently releases her head on the book resulting her to felt pain on her neck. She then looked down and saw a sleeping Krystal. Amber noticed that their hands are still intertwined at each other; she realized that they have been like this over the night. The thought make Amber blush a little. She began staring at their hands together, not knowing that Krystal was only pretending to be asleep.

“Hey llama, what are you looking at?” Krystal said making Amber startled and releases her hand onto Krystal’s

“No- Nothing. I- I w-was just stari--... I mean your nail polish! It’s kinda ruined.” Amber stuttered and scratches her head.

Krystal gets up and stretches her arms and start looking at her finger nails. “Yeah... It’s been awhile since the last time I went to the salon.” Krystal looks at Amber that was currently massaging her thigh. “Does it hurt?

“Yeah, it’s supposed to be.” Amber said with a little sarcasm.

“Good.” Krystal said and pokes her tongue out.

“Aissh this girl.”

“I told you Amber, I’m a really good friend.” Krystal said giving an emphasis on the word ‘good’ Krystal moves towards Amber “Let me help you.”

Krystal was about to help Amber until they heard footsteps coming from the door and the sound of clinking keys. They both stop on what they are doing and immediately hide behind the big shelf.

“It might be the janitor. Let’s go out before he will get those cleaning materials and start cleaning the library.” Krystal nodded at Amber’s command.

When they saw that the janitor isn’t close at the door, they immediately packed their things and run as fast as they could until they reach the field. Krystal was about to go straight to the main gate but Amber stopped her.

“Wait Krys!” Amber shouted.

“What?”

“Let’s go this way. We can’t just take an exit at the front gate. The guards may see us and report us to the principal.”

“Good idea, llama.” Amber grabs her hand and started to run at the other side.

Amber leads Krystal to a wall near at the east entrance gate. There was a big tree beside the wall, they climbed it so that they can cross the other side if the wall. The two immediately made it outside without being noticed. They begin to laugh at themselves, knowing the trouble they have done.

“That was awesome, Amber! I thought the guards will gonna see us!” Krystal said while panting.

“Yeah. I knew that tree was useful. I wish they won’t cut it down.” Amber said while swiping her hand on her forehead removing some sweat.

Krystal laughed. “Thanks for the adventure. It was my first time doing these things!” Krystal was never felt so alive than this.

“Then let’s do it again sometimes then.” Amber earned a smack on her arms by Krystal. “Let’s go home. I’m sure your parents are worried about you.” They started walking; Amber’s house is not that far from Krystal’s

“My parents aren’t home, they are at grandma’s. I guess I’ll just listen to my sister’s very long sermon.” Krystal chuckled.

“My mom isn’t home too. I think she’s on a business trip today, and I guess my sister will gonna kill me once I set my foot at our home.”

“I guess we both have violent sisters huh?” Krystal joked making Amber laugh

They finally reached Krystal’s house; the two didn’t realize it because they are busy talking about random things.

“I should go inside now.” Krystal said as she steps towards the gate.

“And I’m gonna go this way now.” Amber pointed her hand towards the direction of their house.

“So... see you later then Amber.”

“Yeah... later then.” Amber waves goodbye and started walking “And uhm Krystal!” Krystal turn her head towards Amber

“What?”

“Be careful... you know sister.” Krystal chuckled. “Yep, you too Am. Bye!” Krystal waved at Amber and went straight inside her house.

Amber watched Krystal from afar making sure that she was already inside their house before she will leave.