Chapter 26

Mystery Song

“So uhh, I leave you guys here. I should get going.” Amber said as they arrive in front of Krystal’s house.

“Don’t you want to come inside?” Krystal asked.

Amber just shakes her head telling Krystal that she didn’t want to. She waved her hands bidding goodbye to the couple.

“So uhm... Thanks for walking me home.” Krystal said as she step a stair towards their gate.

“No problem, it’s my job to walk my girlfriend home.” Minho smiled and patted Krystal’s head.

“I should go inside now, bye Minho.” Krystal waved and turned around.

“Wait!”

Krystal turns her head towards Minho, and she was taken aback when Minho kissed her on the cheeks. Krystal didn’t know how to feel at that moment; she was completely shocked at Minho’s sudden action. Minho notices that Krystal somewhat didn’t like it. He cleared his throat to break the awkward situation.

“I’m sorry... I shouldn’t do that.” Minho said to Krystal

“I just... I wasn’t ready for it Minho. I’m sorry.” Krystal hung her head low

“Oh no, I should be the one to apologize... Uhm, so I’ll go now. Bye, Krys.” Minho waved at her and Krystal headed to the gate.

 

The next day, Amber was walking towards the school. She was thinking of what happened yesterday. She saw Minho kissed Krystal. By the time she bid goodbye to the couple she didn’t go home right away, instead she secretly watches them across the street. Whenever Amber is walking Krystal home she makes sure that the girl will safely enter the house, then after that she will proceed walking home. Oh how she wished that she didn’t stay watching them from afar. Suddenly she turns her head to the left and saw Suzy walking beside her.

“How long have you been walking with me?”

“Hmm. Not so long ago.” Suzy said

“Why didn’t you called me, so that I’m aware that we are walking together.”

“I did call you many times, Amber. And you are not responding to me, so I just keep quiet.” Suzy reasoned out.

“Ohh..” Amber felt guilty. “I’m sorry, Suzy. I just you know thinking something”

“It’s okay, come on let’s go” Suzy clings her arm at Amber’s and they walk towards their classroom.

Along the way, Suzy spotted two familiar figures heading to their direction. “Krystal! Minho!” She shouted and waves her hand at the two. Amber felt much tensed; she didn’t know what to do. She wanted to remove her arm at Suzy’s but she cannot as the girl drags her towards the couple. Amber put her hands at her pocket and restrains herself not to look at Krystal.

“Oh hi Suzy! Hi Ambro!” Minho waved at Suzy and Minho high-fived Amber.

“What a beautiful morning, come on guys let’s go to the classroom.” Suzy said as she drags Amber. Suzy and Amber walk ahead, leaving the couple behind.

 

During lunch, Suzy sit beside Amber. Amber didn’t care as long as she was sitting far from Krystal.  Amber didn’t bring her lunch today because she wasn’t in the mood to eat. So she just played her Rubik’s cube as she waited her friends to finish their lunches.

Suzy saw that Amber didn’t bring any container with her.

“Hey Amber, you’re not eating?” Suzy asked Amber.

Amber just shakes her head and continues to play her own cube. Suzy grabs something on her bag and slides it in front of Amber. Amber looked at Suzy and opens the container in front of her. There are kimbap slices inside the Tupperware.

“You should eat you know.” Suzy said as Amber is looking at her confusingly.

“But I’m not hungry, and thanks.” Amber slides the container back to Suzy and resumes playing her cube

Suzy pouted but Amber didn’t see it. Suzy pick one slice with her hand and stretches her arms in front of Amber’s mouth, but Amber shakes her head again.

“It’s not polite to refuse a food that is being offered to you, you know.”

And with that, Amber opens . She doesn’t want the girl to get mad at her. As Amber was chewing the food, her mood was somewhat brighten up and Suzy noticed it.

“It’s good isn’t it? I made that myself.”

“It sure is, Suzy!” Amber grabs the container back and she immediately shoves two slices inside . Even though Amber didn’t want to eat, she just can’t resist the delicious kimbap that Suzy made. Suzy finds it cute when she saw that Amber likes her kimbap. Suzy patted Amber’s head and the girl smiled in return.

 

When the class ended, Amber packs her things right away and heads to the locker room. She knew that they have no practice today, but she just wanted to get herself ready for the match tomorrow. She changes her uniform into training clothes. She gets the ball into the ball into the storage room and proceeds to the soccer field. Amber was the only person playing there. She was trying different moves and tricks that she can use for tomorrow’s game. In the middle of her practice she heard someone yelling her name.

“Amber!”

She scans the place searching for the person who just called her. She spotted a familiar girl waving at her.

“Hi Suzy!” Amber said and waved at her.

She saw Suzy looked somewhere and giggled before running her way towards Amber. Amber places the ball into the ground as she saw the girl coming at her.

“What’s up? Amber said.

“I got accepted at the cheering squad!” Suzy said grinning

“Really?! Congrats Suzy!” Amber felt happy for her friend. They started dancing like mad people at the middle of the field. They held hands and Amber spins Suzy around. Then two became tired and let go of each other’s hands.

Suddenly Suzy looks at Amber that was panting heavily. She moves closer and she wraps her arms around Amber’s waist.

“Suzy, what are you doing? I’m sweaty don’t hug me.” Amber said as she tries to gently push Suzy away.

“Don’t move Amber...” Suzy tightens her hug “I’m just trying something... I hope you don’t mind.”Amber didn’t get what the other girl meant so she just wraps her arms around Suzy too. And Amber didn’t knew that Suzy was smiling when she return the favor.