Chapter 20

Mystery Song

The two were silently walking at the sidewalk. They have no idea whether Suzy was still there or she had gone home too.

“I think Suzy likes you.” Krystal said breaking their silence.

“W-what did you say?” Amber didn’t catch what she said because she was busy looking at the different stores they are passing by.

“I won’t repeat that twice.”

“What?! Not fair. Tell me, who likes who?” Amber begged Krystal to tell what she said a while ago. But Krystal stuck her tongue out and Amber pouted.

“Stop pouting it doesn’t suit you.” Krystal said but Amber pout even more. Krystal cannot resist the cuteness of Amber so she unconsciously pinch Amber’s cheek making the other girl a bit surprised when she felt Krystal’s fingers on her cheek. Amber felt that weird feeling again. Krystal chuckled and continues walking while Amber was left behind not moving. After a few seconds she finally went back to her trance and jogged her way to Krystal.

They both stop at the corner waiting for the walking sign to become green. There was again silence between them. When the red light turns green, they began to cross the street along with the other pedestrians. It has become the habit of Amber whenever they are walking home together to put her hand on Krystal’s waist or to hold her hand. It was Amber’s way of making the girl to feel safe. She’ll remove her hand when they reach the end of the lane.

“I think someone likes you.” Krystal again breaks their silence.

“Really? Who?” Amber asked

“Secret.” Krystal stuck her tongue out.

“Aish. Who is it?! Say it!”

“Seriously Amber, right now you should have a hunch on who I am talking about.” Krystal said referring to Suzy.

“But I don’t know any! So can you please say it?”

“Uh. Nevermind. You’ll find that out soon.” Krystal said. She thinks that Amber was so dense and she can’t even sense that Suzy likes her.

Amber was still curious about who might that person be. She really doesn’t have a guess at all. She just shrugged it off. Whoever Krystal was pertaining to, Amber just doesn’t really care at the moment because Amber eyes were already looking at someone else. Along the way Amber suddenly came up with a question inside her head.

“Hey Krys.” Amber called her.

“Yes Am?”

“What do you think of Minho?” Amber said looking at Krystal.

“What do you mean?”

 “I mean, does he have a chance on you?” Amber was really curious about whether Krystal will give Minho a chance if Minho courted on her.

“Hmm...” Krystal paused on a moment and places her finger on her chin. Amber patiently waits on Krystal’s answer “I don’t know... Minho is a good guy, he’s charming. Maybe? But I don’t know. I’m not sure.” Krystal said.

“Ohh.” Is what Amber only said. She knew at the moment that Minho has a chance on Krystal. She just let out a deep sigh. It is really hard when you and your friend like the same person. Amber thinks that Minho was the first one to like Krystal; she doesn’t want to a have a fight with her friend. “Maybe, I should let go my feelings for you huh? But for now, let me take care of you.” She thought.

 

 

The next day, Jiyoung, Krystal and Suzy were walking together at the hallway heading to their classroom.

“Hey Krystal, why did you and Amber left without me?” Suzy said and pouted.

“Because we thought that you’ll gonna stare at Donghae oppa forever.” Krystal chuckled.

“I’m not! Hey tell Jiyoung about what happened yesterday!” Suzy excitedly said.

“What happened Krys?”

“Well, I heard the person played again at the music room.” Krystal smiled as she still remembers the song that was playing.

“Really?!” Jiyoung widened her eyes.

“Yes...” Krystal’s reaction changes into a sad one”... but the person escaped again.” She frowned.

“Aww. Next time you’ll hear it, you set a trap so that the person can’t escape anymore!”

“That’s a good idea, Jiyoung. Thank you, I’ll do it next time.” Krystal pasted an evil grin on her face.