Chapter 1

Mystery Song

Amber’s POV

*ring... ring...*

I slowly open my eyes and stretch my right hand tapping the alarm clock off on the bed side table. I sighed as I tell myself that it’s Monday. It’s Monday again. Time to do my daily routine, fix the bed, do some stretching, head to the shower, put on my uniform and head downstairs to have some breakfast.

“Good morning mom!” I said as I was heading to the dining table.

“Good morning, Amber.” mom said as she hand me my plate.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming down at the stairs. She ruffled my short black hair, as she said “Good morning, lil’ llama” and sticking her tongue out. As revenge, I tickle her until she burst out of laughter “Good morning too, big llama.”

I have always loved my sister; this is the way we show our love for each other. We will always bicker at times but none of those are real, because in the end we will just going to laugh at each other. She’s the only one who knew that I was into music and the only one who heard me singing.

I picked up my bag and I look myself at the mirror and fix myself for the last time before I will head to the door. We waved goodbye at our mom and my sister and I walk towards the nearest bus stop. As usual, we would sit to the end of the bus; suddenly I felt a nudge on my right side.

“Yah.”
“Hmm?”
“How’s that new song coming?”
“It’s halfway done... I think”
“Is it the same song that you’ve been working on for the past 3 months?”
“Yep... why?”
“Nothing, it’s just that when you’re composing a song, it will take you at least 2-3 weeks to complete.”
“Yeah... well I guess... I’m not that kinda inspired right now.”


She didn’t respond, I saw her looking at me with a playful smile on her face.
I got curious and asked “What? Is there something on my face?”
“Nothing.” She said “It seems that something is bugging you, tell me what is it llama.”
“ What? There’s none.”
“Okay then.” She said as she ruffled my hair again and put on her headphones.

Once we reached the school, Jackie easily spotted her friends Tiffany unnie, Taeyeon unnie, Yoona unnie and Sooyoung unnie. She again ruffled my hair.

“Gosh, will you stop doing that.”
“I won’t I love doing that to you.” She then head to the direction of her friends but then she stopped and turns to me. “Yah llama! Study hard, okay?”
I just gave her my dorkiest smile then waved to her goodbye as I head to the classroom.

 

I open the classroom door and immediately slumped back to my seat. Everyone was busy; the girls are busy sharing gossips with each other while the boys are busy playing with their phones and putting pranks to our other classmates. Well as for me, I’m just quietly sitting. Because the boredom strikes again, I bring out my music notebook and my pen hoping that something will came up to continue the song that I’m doing.

“YAH!”

I was startled and immediately kept my notebook inside my drawer.

“Are you trying to kill me?!” I said as I glared at her
“Maybe.” Yuri sad as she smiled playfully “I was just kidding... you know I love you llama.” With a matching aegyo in the end.
“Eww. Stop using aegyo, it doesn’t suit you.” I said with a disgusted face.
“Oh c’mon! You’re always so serious; if you’re always like that no one will ever like you. You’ll die miserable.”
“ If you’re always going to surprise me from behind, you might give me a heart attack, then I’ll die, you are go to jail and die miserable too.  Haha!”


We end up laughing to ourselves. This is Kwon Yuri my buddy since kindergarden. Our parents are business partners and good friends. We have lots of commonalities and also we are on the same soccer team. We are both very happy when we are selected to be on the school’s varsity, so we treat ourselves we buy lots and lots of food and she sleepover to our house. And by the next day, we can’t attend classes because we take our turns in using the toilet.

 Suddenly, the assistant principal appeared to our classroom and immediately our classmates runs back to their respective seats in a flash.
 

“Okay class 1-B, your first and second period teachers are in the middle of an important meeting. They cannot attend today so I’m giving you a free period.” The assistant principal said and with that he immediately left. Securing that the assistant principal has left the corridor, our classmates started rejoicing and shouting because of the free cut.

“Amber, do you want to go with us? Jonghyun, Minho,  Sulli, Luna and I are going to the cafeteria.” Yuri asked as she sat on my table
“Yeah, hyung come with us!” Sulli said
“Nah, I think I’ll pass. I have some unfinished business to do.”
“You’re always llike that hyung.” Sulli sad with a pout, she’s so cute.
“Hyung will make it up to you, after I finish this.” I said and gently ruffled her hair.
“Okay bro, but if you are going to look for us, we will be at the cafeteria, same spot.” Jonghyun patted me at the shoulder.

I just nodded at them and they started walking out of the classroom. I bring out my notebook and my pen and I decided to continue the composition on the school’s rooftop.