Chapter 9: Moving in

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

“Ji Hyun-ah. Do you have everything?” Ji Yong Oppa asked for the nth time while we were in the car. I sighed as Yi Fan chuckled at how paranoid Ji Yong was acting.

“Yes Oppa I have everything. No need to worry.” I simply said and looked out the window. I was going to move in today and Ji Yong just had to insist that he should come along.

“Princess. You don’t have to do this. I think it would be better if you just stayed at home with us.” He said still trying to persuade me that I shouldn’t be here. I glared at him briefly then blew a raspberry.

“Oppa. Stop with all this persuading nonsense. I’m already enrolled and there is nothing you can do about it. Hey. Where’s my room going to be by the way?” I asked and tried going through the registration forms in my hand hoping to find some information about the place.

“Well. We go some complaints earlier on about you room.” Ji Yong Oppa said and I looked up from my forms to glare at him.

“What complaints?” I hissed and he inched away a bit trying to size me up if I would hurt him or not.

“Uhm. Well. I kind of had your room renovated. I had them merge two rooms together so that you’d be more comfortable with your stay there.” He whispered and I immediately sent death glares at him.

“You what!? Are you out of your freaking mind!? I thought you were the one who was all so high and mighty about being secretive but you go on and do the stupidest move in the book!” I screamed and he cringed since I was definitely mad.

“I just wanted you to have a better living space that’s all.” He murmured and I only groaned.

“What do you think people will say about it then? This would totally blow my cover pabo.” I said and was about to hit him violently when Yi Fan Oppa spoke up.

“Well. I think Hyung did something smart. You are going to SM Academy Ji Hyun. Money matters there. Most students there have done the exact same thing. So he actually helped you in blending in.” He muttered as he continued driving the car. I stared at him then back at Oppa.

“You got lucky this time Oppa.” I muttered and stared out the window to finally find ourselves in front of SM Academy. I smiled to myself and looked at the two men who brought me here.

“So. Where am I supposed to go from here?” I asked and they both looked at me briefly before nodding.

“Mei Mei. You have to go to the Admissions Office first to get your room key. I think Hyung already had the most of your needs moved in last night. That being your bed, books, most of your clothes and all those other things that are not in the van behind us. Then you have all day today to move in. If you finish early I think you’ll meet up with the school’s welcoming committee.” Yi Fan said and was already parking the car.

“What about my uniform?” I asked and Yi Fan turned off the engine to sigh.

“They’ll give it to you when you get to the Admissions Office as well. So shall we go?” He asked since he was going to me inside and I smiled at the pouting Ji Yong.

“Why can’t I come along again?” He asked and tried looking out the dark tinted windows of the car in disgust.

“Because if they see you you’ll blow my cover.” I said as I gathered my stuff that was splayed around the backseat of the car. I crammed them all into my bag quickly bringing out my shades and putting them on then looked back to my brother.

“At least now you know how it feels like to be kept a secret.” I told him and he looked down a bit before looking back at me.

“We all just want you to be safe Princess. Call me often okay? And don’t make a mistake by using the new phone we gave you. Remember. Pink case is your phone. Silver case is the public line for SM Academy purposes. Okay?” He said and I nodded in understanding. I leaned over to the front seat to give my brother a farewell hug.

“I’ll miss you Oppa. So much.” I said and he hugged me back chuckling a bit.

“I’ll miss you too Princess. I want you to take care okay?” He said before planting a light kiss on the top of my head. I nodded and quickly stepped out of the car.

I watched as Ji Yong moved over to the driver’s side to rev up the engine and leave. I turned back to Yi Fan who was looking at me intently and he quickly sighed.

“I always knew you were crazy but I never thought that you were this crazy.” He muttered and I only smiled at him.

“Ya. Hey. Aren’t you scared? Having to show your face here again?” I asked him and he only shook his head.

“I’d only be scared if we would be passing by the buildings where they hold class. But we are going to two separate buildings today. The Admissions office and the dormitories are not the same building as the classrooms.” He simply said and guided me into the building that was right in front of us.

“Is that so? Then. How far is the dormitory from here?” I asked and he chuckled before shaking his head.

“Is a 2 minute drive and a five minute walk from here. But don’t worry. We’ll just pick up your stuff here and take the van going to the dormitory.” He murmured and opened the door for me revealing a very clean office with light blue and white walls.

He went straight to the lady that was at the front desk and cleared his throat to grab her attention.

“We’re here to get the room key of Ms Kwon Ji Hyun? I believe that would be in the Platinum Rose Dormitory Building? Also we are getting her school uniform. That would be 5 sets of the everyday uniform, 2 sets of the special occasion uniform, 3 physical education uniforms, 4 casual wear uniforms, 3 school sweaters, and 1 mixed martial arts uniform with a black belt.” He said curtly and I stared at him wondering why they ordered so many.

“Oppa. I think you went overboard with the uniforms.” I said so that only he could hear and I watched the front desk lady nod before leaving us to grab everything from the back.

“Well. They don’t want their princess to run out of clothes while she’s here. So they ordered a lot.” He whispered and we watched the lady come back with a box in hand and my room key.

“Oh yes. I almost forgot. Ji Hyun. You haven’t picked out your Physical Education elective yet.” He said when he was looking over some final paper works and I only pouted back at him.

“I don’t have anything to take up.” I replied and the lady looked back at me with confused eyes.

“I can assure you Ms Kwon that we have a wide range of Physical Education courses for you to take up. It is impossible for you to not be able to take one.” She replied curtly and I only groaned.

“Well. I was looking for any advanced class in any sort of martial arts but there aren’t any available classes for women. The closest thing that you have is gymnastics and I already finished all the required levels for that sport in my previous school.” I replied and she only looked at me briefly before looking back at Yi Fan.

“How many levels of martial arts has she already taken up?” She asked and I saw Yi Fan think a bit before answering.

“I think she has already completed the basic and intermediate levels for almost every type of martial arts. She is already in her advanced level for the sport.” He quickly replied and looked back at me.

“Would you like to take up an advanced class with men? I don’t know if it will be fair but I could put you in the class where most of the Lee Family members are. They are of mixed levels and mostly it’s for personal training only.” She replied looking at me and I smiled at her in reply.

“I think that class will do me well. Thank you Mam.” I replied politely and quickly signed up for the course with the form that she handed me.

When we finished filling up everything Yi Fan took my box of uniforms before we headed back to the car.

_

When we parked in front of the Dormitory Building I couldn’t help but feel all the stares that people were gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter