Chapter 30: Relatively Happy

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

So this is how it feels like to have a boyfriend. One that I actually like and one that genuinely likes me back as well. The butterflies will never seem to fade every time he looks at me. The same way that the apparent glint in his eyes always amazes me.

I don’t think I have ever felt is happy before. Just being with the apparent right person at wrong place and the wrong time.

That is where my fairytale ends. Constantly knowing that we cannot be and will end at any point in time. Because in my eyes our relationship is very much unstable. Because at any moment he may find out about what I am actually doing here and what my real and actual purpose is.

“What are you thinking about?” Lu Han asked me making me reel back into the reality I was in right now with him.

I turned my head a bit to see him absentmindedly playing with a strand of my hair but at the same time he was staring at my face intently.

Seeing him look at me this way just made my face heat up and seeing how he managed to smirk a bit a second after I knew that I was blushing like hell.

“And yet again I am privileged enough to witness you blushing at my glory.” He joked and I hit him lightly on the arm before turning back to the book that I was trying oh so hard to read.

“Shut up. If you won’t I’ll send you flying through the ing window.” I threatened him and he laughed at my warning. He knew that it was a natural defence mechanism for me to respond in that way.

“You’re cute when you pretend to be angry.” He mused and I rolled my eyes before deciding to give up on the book that I was reading and face him fully.

“Your sweetness sickens me.” I told him, even though I knew for a fact that even if we used to fight on a regular basis before, I still preferred our situation right now. Wherein he would just continuously say sweet nothings to me as we passed time together.

“And I am just going to tell you to enjoy it while it lasts because we both know that I still like to keep things exciting from time to time.” He said and playfully winked at me. I scoffed and stood up from the couch and shot him a glare. Making him stare back at me in shock.

“And what is that supposed to mean!? Are you starting to become erted or something!?” I questioned personally feeling violated from his innuendo.

“Woah. I didn’t mean anything by that okay? So. I guess I need to cross out playfully joking with my girlfriend off of our things to do when bored?” He said raising his arms in confusion with the way that I reacted. I sighed and sat back down beside him trying to calm myself a bit from my own sudden outburst.

Who knew that despite all my problems regarding family and feuds I still had the time to thing about being a girl? One that did not worry about secrets being revealed but rather about managing to save myself until I got married one day.

“Mian. I just. Well. I think I went a bit overboard.” I told him and he sighed before enveloping me into his arms. We stayed like that for a minute before he suddenly broke the ice.

“So. I was wondering when I would get to introduce you to my Abeoji? You know. As my girlfriend?” He suddenly said and I was shocked by the sudden question. Because if he said one word to his grandfather about us being in a relationship this would only spark news.

And I knew for one thing that any sort of news like this would not die down easily. Meaning it would one way or another reach my family on the other side of Seoul. I definitely did not want that.

“Uhm. Lu Han. Can we just keep the relationship to ourselves for the mean time? I know I am coming off as hesitant and all but I don’t think my Abeoji will accept our relationship with open arms.” I reasoned with him. Knowing that I wasn’t technically lying to him about the matter.

“Oh. Yea. Park Jin Young-ssi might not take the issue lightly. I guess we could weigh it out for a few months. But you need not worry Ji Hyun-ah. Because I don’t intend to let you go anytime soon.” He said and planted a tender kiss on the side of my head.

I let out a sigh of relief with his gentle assurance on the matter. At least for now I knew that we were both going to be safe from the wrath of our families. I was just about to ask him if he wanted to watch some old series with me when he suddenly asked me another question.

“So tell me. What’s your family like?” He said and my eyes grew wide out of worry. I wasn’t actually expecting him to ask that question any time soon. I quickly looked away and fiddled with my fingers trying to think of a way around the topic.

“JI Hyun-ah. Why are you suddenly nervous? I heard that the Parks are actually very lenient when it comes to the freedom of their family members. Is it the opposite?” Yes. It is the total opposite. Because I am not a Park. I’m a Yang your arch enemy.

“Uhm. I just. Well. Things in the family have been strict lately. Especially with the engagem--.” I stopped before uttering out the word engagement quickly realizing that I almost blew my cover.

“Oh yea. Your cousin Nickhun is going to marry one of the Yangs right? That has been a buzz in the business community lately. Because it is obviously a merger between two of the three largest companies in Seoul.” He said and let out a sigh before taking my hand and started drawing soothing circles on the palm.

“You know if that marriage pushes through. I don’t care of my Abeoji will consider you as an enemy after. I will not leave you no matter what.” He told me and I gulped in the excess saliva that was in my mouth when I heard this.

I am so close to telling him the truth right now. He deserves to know. But at the same time won’t the truth just end up hurting us both? I closed my eyes shut and leaned unto him for support this was just going to be one hell of a mess to fix after.

“Lu Han. What if they find out? What if at some point we’re going to have to part from each other?”I asked him knowing I needed some sort of assurance right now that I would probably be able to see him after this.

“No matter what I’ll stand by what I just said. I won’t le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter