Chapter 20: Let's Go Out

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

“Mark! Get the hell out of my room!” I screamed at him since he came over at 7 in the morning on a Saturday. I mean who does that!?

“I have been assigned to pick you up pabo.” He answered back at me as he tried to pull my out of bed. I was already flailing on my bed as he tried to grab a hold of me.

“Let me go. I swear I will ing throw you out of the window!” I screamed back at him and sent him daggers with my eyes. And I was surprised that it didn’t even faze him.

“I don’t care! If I go there without you in tow everyone at the gathering will ing kill me! AND WE ARE ALREADY LATE!” He screamed at me and I only smiled evilly on my pillow since he was right.

“Well then. Since we’re late. You don’t need to bring me anymore.” I said and nuzzled my face back into my pillows. I heard him groan before some weight was suddenly added to the side of my bed. I took a peep and saw Mark hanging his head low before lying down.

“YA! Get off of my ing bed you idiot!” I said and he only groaned even more. I sighed and poked him since I really couldn’t bear to see this ugly boy sulk for the rest of the day.

“I’ll let you in on a little secret. If they were really serious about having me come over to that event then they would have come here themselves. Or given the circumstances. They would have probably hired some well trained guards to kidnap me two nights ago. But no. They sent you. No offense. But one who they know is very incapable of dragging me all the way to Gangnam to meet my future husband.” I said and he opened his eyes to look at me with curious eyes.

“So you think they won’t kill me if we don’t show up?” He asked me and I only nodded before getting up from bed since I remembered that I did have plans for today.

“Yes. They won’t kill you.” I said confidently before going over to my dresser to choose what I wanted to wear for the day.

“Fine. I’ll just go without you. At least one of us should be there to relay how stubborn you are.” He said before getting up and following me into my walk in closet.

“Good. Now help me choose what I’m supposed to wear today.” I told him and he only scoffed before pulling out one of my blouses.

“You refuse to go to the event but you are still going out anyways!? What is more important than meeting your fiancé!?” He asked me and I only waved him away as I went through the rest of my stuff to look for something to match the blouse he took out.

“Being able to get up close and personal with the Lee family’s heir.” I said and hummed a bit trying to put everything together.

“And why are you preparing so much? Are you going over to their house again?” He asked me and I shook my head at him.

“Nope. It’s just me and Lu Han today going around town.” I said happily before going to my accessories to choose something that would match.

“And you are actually preparing an outfit? I though you hated the guy.” He said and looked at me like I was losing my mind.

“I do. It just so happens that he was the only guy available today. And why are you meddling with my outfit preparation in the first place!?” I told him as I put some finishing touches on the outfit I was preparing.

“One. He is not the only guy available. There is still me. Two. You hate him and how long I’ve gotten to know you or much rather stalk you. You would much rather pick out every grain of salt in the red sea than go out with him. And lastly. You never and I mean never prepare an outfit unless you are excited. So tell me. Are you excited to go out with Lu Han?” He said and was smirking at me when he noticed that I froze.

“Get out. GET THE HELL OUT. GEEEEET OOOUUUUT!” I screamed at him as I felt my cheeks burn from the sudden realization of what he just said.

He looked at me incredulously and only ended up laughing like a total buffoon. I glared at him and kicked him on the shin but it didn’t even seem to affect him.

“Y-Ya! Stop it! Stop laughing at me!” I stuttered and he only shook his head more.

“God look at your face Ji Hyun. You’re as red a s a tomato! You like him don’t you?” He said as he tried to calm himself down. I only glared at him before answering.

“I do not. I do not like that girly looking dude! Now stop teasing me and get the up!” I said and he only shook his head before suddenly turning serious.

“Make sure though. I may have to remind you that you are engaged. Also he is a Lee. It will never. And I mean never work out.” He said as he looked me squarely in the eye and I only nodded before he smiled again.

“Good. Now. I guess I should go. I have to relay everything to everyone back at Gangnam. And Ji Hyun?” He said then I looked back at him before stepping out of the closet.

“Neh?” I said.

“Please take care will you? I can only do so much to help you.” He said and I only nodded before smiling.

“I will. Thank you Mark. I don’t know what I’ll do without you.” I said and he smiled before nodding. I heard him mumble something else but I decided to shrug it off.

I had to keep in mind what Mark just told me. One. I had a fiancé. Two. I’m a Yang he’s a Lee.

Lu Han’s POV

I was already outside her dormitory waiting for her to come out. I was just about to barge into her home when I saw her running towards me. I took a step back when she jumped down the stairs to reach me.

“Sorry. I was on the phone with someone. It took longer than expected. Did you wait long?” She asked me and I only shook my head before answering.

“Not really. So why did you ask me out?” I said as we started walking out of campus.

“Oh. I just wanted to get have a reason. You know. To get out of the house. And to not attend this thing in Gangnam.” She muttered as she was fumbling with her phone.

 I immediately felt a bit disappointed that we weren’t going to Gangnam since it meant I wouldn’t be able to meet her Abeoji and find out who Nickhun was going to marry among the Yang descendants.

“Oh yea. I heard about that. CEO Park Jin Young and Nickhun are in town right? I heard that they were supposed to meet up with Nickhun’s fiancé.” I muttered when we finally reached the gate. I kept walking forward but when I looked to my left she was no longer there.

“Ji Hyun?” I called out and saw her standing by the gate.

“Is there something wrong?” I asked her and tried to figure out if I said anything to offend her. She only shook her head before following after me.

“How did you know about the meeting?” She asked me as we continued to walk along the street trying to find something worthwhile.

“It is all over the business newspapers. I thought you’d be at least interested. We are talking about your Abeoji remember? And one of your cousins marrying Yang blood.” I shrugged and she only nodded in understanding before speaking.

“Oh yea. Well. I just didn’t want to meet Nickhun... Uhm... Oppa right now. He has to meet with his fiancé and all. I might just be a nuisance there.” She said and I felt a little bit suspicious when she hesitated to call Nickhun her Oppa.

“Okay then. But aren’t you the least bit interested? You will soon be related to the Yang family. And once you guys become in laws then I don’t think I’ll ever be able to talk to you again.” I told her and she suddenly laughed before answering.

“Well. I guess that would just make you happy then? To not talk to me anymore? I know how much I annoy you.” She said and I looked at her incredulously before shaking my head.

Somehow at the back of my mind I didn’t want to stop talking to her even if that did eventually happen. I only shook my head again at the thought. Get your act together Lu Han. You are trying to win her over but at the same time you are not putting your own heart at risk.

“Nah. Stop thinking that way. So. Now that you’ve decided to ditch your family to hangout with me. What do you plan to do?” I asked her and she only laughed at me before answering.

“I actually wanted to act on impulse today. Plus we have the whole day together. So why not have fun?” She told me and I looked at her with disbelief in my eyes.

Was this the same girl I met 3 weeks ago? She seemed to be more relaxed. More approachable. More attractive. Aish what the hell? Here I am again.

“Okay. So define fun.” I told her and she only laughed before grabbing my hand.

“Binge eating? Movie? Amusement park? Name it and I am definitely going. As long as we stay in Seoul and as far away as possible from Gangnam.” She said and continued to pull me towards the first bubbletea cafe that we passed by.

Once we entered she immediately let go of me and looked at the flavours that were on the menu. I looked at her and noticed how she was like some little kid who suddenly decided to walk into the store.

“You seem happy to be here.” I told her as she was still choosing her drink. She only giggled before looking at me.

“It’s been a long time since I came here. The last time I was here I ran in to your blonde bobble head cousin.” She said and finally gave her order.

“One WinterMelon flavour please. What about you Lu Han? What are you getting?” She said and looked over to me.

“I’ll get a Taro.” I told her and she only nodded before handing over the payment to the cashier.

We headed over to one of the tables to wait for our order and as we sat down she immediately brought out her phone as she was texting someone.

It was getting kind of awkward so I decided to speak up.

“Hey Ji Hyun. What don’t we play truth or dare. But we are only going to do dares if we don’t answer the questions we asked each other.” I told her and she only looked at me weird before nodding.

“What has gotten into you? You are suddenly oh so thrilled to get to know me better?” She said and I only laughed it off since she couldn’t find out my true motives.

“What? I told you that I’d stop judging you. So just go along with it. So. Let’s start? What’s your name?” I said and she let out a laugh while giving me an “Are you serious?” face. I only shrugged since if we went into the deeper details this early on it would just get awkward.

“Pfft. Okay. Fine. Whatever. Ji Hyun. Kwon Ji Hyun. My turn. What’s your name?” She said playing along with my game.

“Lu Han. Next. What’s your major?” I asked her since it only occurred to me now that I never really asked her what she studied in the university.

“Believe it or not I am actually a Social Science Student. I am currently majoring in History.” She said and I only looked at her shocked.

“A social science major? Really? It doesn’t suit you.” I told her and chuckled when she glared at me for a bit.

“Ya. Shut the hell up. I didn’t see you complaining when Kim Sonsaengnim praised us for our presentation in Asian History. Really. You were dead lucky that I took up Chinese Philosophy as an elective at my old school.” She muttered and I only shook my head at her when our drinks arrived.

She thanked the busboy and started dragging me out of the cafe.

“Where are we going?” I asked her and she only shook her head before letting go of my hand as we were started walking down the street.

“Anywhere. You didn’t really expect us to stay in the cafe just to consume our drinks right? Waste of time. Besides. We can drink and walk.” She muttered before looking at the windows of some of the shops we were passing by.

“Okay my turn. Campus crush?” She said nonchalantly and I almost choked on one of the pearls that were in my drink at her question.

“Bwo!?” I said when I managed to compose myself.

“You heard me. Campus crush. What? Are you too chicken to answer?” She said and I found my thoughts being jumbled up by how her question. But I already knew the answer in the back of my mind yet I was too stubborn to admit it. I only shook my head showing her that I wasn’t going to answer her question.

“So. We’re doing a dare? Good. I dare you to... Make me a cake!” She squealed and quickly dragged me into the nearest cake shop.

When we finally got in she immediately headed straight to the counter to choose the flavour of cake that I would be decorating. When she finally got the cake she went over to me to the vacant table I found.

“Okay. You’re paying for this. Make me a cake. And make it pretty okay?” She said and started sipping on her drink again. I only shook my head at her before I started icing the cake with some cream.

We were already inside the store for about 45 minutes trying to finish decorating the cake. She somehow gave up 10 minutes into my decorating and started helping me out. We were about to finish when she started eating the icing that we were supposed to use for decorating.

“Ya! That id for the cake! Why are you eating it!” I told her and tried getting the pastry bag from her. She only shook her head before laughing at me and suddenly placed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter