Chapter 33: Deception is a Funny Thing

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lu Han’s POV

“Sir. We still can’t find the van that took her. All vehicles in the area have plate numbers that are legally registered in our database.” I groaned and swiped my phone to end the call. I didn’t have any patience left in my system. My girlfriend was missing somewhere and all the men that were in my power apparently couldn’t even find her!?

I was desperate to find my girlfriend. She was already texting me and looking for me earlier but of course I had to let my doubts about her cloud everything.

I threw my phone towards the couch in my office. Nothing is right. Nothing is going my way.

I should have been concentrating on the work I had laid in front of me. I should have been replying to her texts. I should have been by her side when those damn people at school were bullying her.

But of course I had to busy myself with the thoughts that Kris placed in my head.. Wait. Kris. He must have some sort of idea where Ji Hyun went.

When the idea started hatching itself in my head I immediately ran towards the couch and grabbed my phone. Swiping and tapping furiously on the screen to get a hold on to his number.

When I finally clicked the green phone icon on my phone. I placed the device to my ear waiting for him to pick up the phone. Every ring was only making me all the more anxious. He did not answer the first call so I decided to ring him again.

I was about to give up on trying to contact him when a clicking sound at the other end meant that he answered the call. I took in a dee breath and held it in the other line. I was too intimidated to speak when Kris decided to break the silence.

“Lu Han? Why are you calling?” He said and I gulped in the saliva that was playing in my mouth before answering.

“It’s Ji Hyun-ah. Do you know where she is?” I said not trying to beat around the bush. I heard something fall in the background and a muffled “” before Kris spoke back to the phone speaker.

“What do you mean where is she? Isn’t she at your school?” He said and I could already here the seriousness in his voice. Like he was genuinely concerned about her.

I tried to arrange the thoughts that were playing in my head and the assumptions that were starting to spring up with his reaction. But I pushed them aside and answered his question.

“She was at the campus earlier. Until someone trashed her things. Everything went berserk when some guys appeared out of no where and splashed paint all over her. After th-“ He cut me off mid sentence and threw at me a question about the bullying.

“What!? Her things were trashed!? Paint splashed on her!? What the hell is happening to my dongsaeng at that damn school!?” He shrieked. Yes. Kris Wu just shrieked on the phone. But that aside for a moment. One word caught my attention.

“What do you mean dongsaeng? I thought you two were acquaintances.” I said and I heard a quick intake of breath on the other line before he suddenly started rambling something to someone on the other line. I got annoyed by the sudden loss of sttention towards the matter at hand and called his attention.

“Kris? YA. Answer me. What the hell do you mean by dongsaeng!?” I asked again since this only sparked the my curiousity about what the actual relationship was between them.

He came back on the line this time there was a lull at the other end. Clearly everyone else was keeping their mouth shuts. Probably aware that I am at the receiving end of the line.

“When was the last time any of you saw her?” He questioned and I groaned before answering his question.

“She was picked up by a black van. No plate number registered. It happened a few hours ago outside the campus gate. I have men searching the city now. Kris. Answer me about the term you used to add-“ He cut the call right after hearing the information he needed. I tried calling him again but was repeatedly redirected to his voicemail.

Pissed at what just happened I threw my phone towards the other end of the room. I went back to my table and started typing words into the database about any sort of linkage between Kris and JYP Enterprises. Right when I was in the middle of my search my secretary buzzed in.

“Sir. Someone is here to see you.” She aged and I pressed the red button to relay a message to her as well.

“I don’t want to see anyone at the moment. Buzz me if and only if it is information about the whereabouts of my girlfriend.” I replied and hoped that she wouldn’t pester me again.

“But sir it’s ab—“ She buzzed in again but I killed the device before she could utter another word. I turned back to the computer in front of me and started typing various keywords that would possibly lead me to some sort of connection.

I was midsearch when my doors opened up. I groaned and turned my seat around so as to not face my new visitor.

“Whatever it is you have to say to me. Save it. I am not entertaining clients today.” I said and only found myself whirling the chair the moment I heard the person speak.

“Jagi. You can call off the search party now.” It was that all too familiar sweet and melodic voice that I loved to death. The moment I faced them I noticed that she wasn’t alone. She came in with four other members of my family.

I gaped at the group of people in front of me and stared at them before the eldest among them spoke up.

“Lu Han. Don’t just sit there and greet us. Really I expected more from my heir.” Was all my grandfather said before I shook my head and stood up to approach them and give them a bow of greeting.

All of them looked a bit uncomfortable to be in my office. All except Onew Hyung who looked very relaxed with the situation that was playing before us. The other two. Baek Hyun and Jessica Noona were not so happy being in my office.

“Abeoji. May I ask what you are all doing here? Together?” I asked and he sighed before answering then started glaring at Noona.

“Your Hyung contacted me. He informed me about the events that were happening in school. Baek Hyun here confessed to the plans that Jessica had against Ji Hyun. He was a part of the plan. But he didn’t agree to her. Shall I say methods. We came here since some people contacted me about the search party you deployed.” Was all he said before I nodded and tried to control the boiling blood that was already flowing through my system.

“Noona? Why?” I asked and everyone started staring at her before she let out a scoff and crossed her arms above her chest.

“I had to teach this a lesson. She had to know her place. She was too rude and sh-“ Abeoji shushed herbefore she could finish.

“I want you to keep your mouth shut. You did not think properly. Next to that what could this girl have done to you!? She is Lu Han’s girlfriend! She has been nothing but a nice girl. Unless you did something to provoke her!” Abeoji reprimanded. Noona was about to say something to defend herself. But the glare that Abeoji was giving told her to just keep shut.

“No more excuses. I suggest you head straight home and pack your bags because you are going straight to the States. You will stay there and work under your Samchoon. Do you understand?” He said with finality and we were all wide-eyed with the rash decision.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter